Community Member

Default Bard Class Skill Revamp

I have gone thru the list of spells Bards can cast and not a single bard spell requires spellcraft.
    I think the next update should have a rework of Class skills for Bard that include Heal as a class skill rather than spellcraft.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jahamar1 View Post
    I have gone thru the list of spells Bards can cast and not a single bard spell requires spellcraft.
    I think the next update should have a rework of Class skills for Bard that include Heal as a class skill rather than spellcraft.
    How about if Perform skill added to positive & sonic spell power? (note my initial idea was yours as well to get heal as class skill for bards but some pnp dnd purists might not go for that).

The same idea as the old Bard song magic enhancements! So there is a precedent set already! :P! ! Varg or any devs around? any chance we can get this squeezed in the next 2/3 months?

So this is a compromise! Hopefully we can get this in by U20! :P! ! Cheers! :P! !

**Note I am on board for *either* idea!**
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

Perform now does sonic spell power since last expansion update.

Community Member

And heal does positive and negative spell power

Perform now does sonic spell power since last expansion update.
    And heal does positive and negative spell power
    They know.
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Monks need some big ol' loving. Lots of it. So does the Warpriest tree for Clerics and Favored Souls.

D&D answer: In D&D 3.5 Heal isn't class skill for bards.

DDO answer: Bards have many skill points, and they often multiclass, so it's not a problem for most bards to max Heal skill. For pure bards, losing 12 positive spellpower is not a tragedy.

DEV answer: If we allow both Perform and Heal to give positive spellpower, other classes will complain bards having an advantage over them.

Leave things like they are now.

In 3.5 intimidate isn't a class skill for pallies either. Heal doesn't do in PnP what it currently does in DDO and it would be appropriate for bards to have access to the skill. Adding perform to positive doesn't strike as particularly appropriate over adding heal as a class skill because it amounts to free positive for bards. Sonic isn't so bad as basically free but healing is much more critical in game mechanics.

Spellcraft is a bard skill in 3.5 and I disagree with removing it. It does help with some SLA's poached from other trees if a bard multiclasses to suit the JoaT theme but more importantly it can impact epic abilities on bards, which is an area the class should not really be reducing in effectiveness.

I would agree with adding heal as a class skill as appropriate but also don't see it as crucial over cross-classing with the small positive spell power different difference generated. Adding positive to perform or removing spellcraft no so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg