Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Meh, if they make it a toggle fine, but that kind of torcing strategy is pretty silly these days. It's unneed in EH, counterproductive against EE melee, and a complete waste of time off EE archers. Don't get me wrong, I still like torc for melee casters, but you're still better off not getting hit in EE. Torc is just a kickback for when you get hit anyway.

I don't see why the rest of us should have to bother with a toggle so the .1% of people that want to use a doppy strategy can do so 20% more effectively.

Reminds me of the Shadow Dancer threat toggle that you have to hit ever darn time you log in because Shade thought he might occasionally want to tank in SD for evasion.

Eh, yeah, I meant divine might.
    Nobody is going to wait for you to fill up with your Torc one EN or EH.
    Try it on EE and you will pay dearly for it.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Divine Might needs to be turns.

There needs to be an enhancement on the tree so FVS can purchase Turn Undead (a la Unyielding)
    Would prefer spell points to turns.

Give us a cleric epic destiny with a twistable use for Turn Undead instead,
    along with a new healing and light SLA.

Melee Clerics will either invest 11 points in Radiant Servant or dump Cha;
    either of which seems good to em.

Community Member

What's the math on the vorpal damage proc? How much damage per second is it, and how does that compare to say, the Archon? Because it just seems so tiny. On crit? I'd take it in a heartbeat. On vorpal? Not feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseFreelancer View Post
    What's the math on the vorpal damage proc? How much damage per second is it, and how does that compare to say, the Archon? Because it just seems so tiny. On crit? I'd take it in a heartbeat. On vorpal? Not feeling it.
    in of itself it is pretty small, but an extra +5 bonus on a casting implement gets you more spell power hit and damage. hard to do the math without nailing down your attack speed, double strike, THF or TWF, etc... the short answer is: the faster you attack the better it is and is up a larger percentage of time.
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Uh...yeah... that's what I said. Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it?
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Uh...yeah... that's what I said. Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it?
    I was supporting your point of view.

Guess I should have included a complimentary hey buddy that's a cool point.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Give Divine Vessel a try. It's essentially a passive AoE damage proc that scales with Spell Power. Its dice are also based off of total character level, not just cleric level.
    As you attack enemies, you build up charges. When the charges reach 25, they reset, and the battlefield is smashed by a divine cruise missile.
    It's a toggle so that you can disable it in situations where you don't want to be dealing AoE damage.

Here's some changes made today: A mix of bug fixes, and improvements based on Lamannia feedback.
    THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON LAMANNIA. THEY MAY NOT BE SEEN UNTIL THE PATCH GOES LIVE.

• Ameliorating Strike now functions properly.
    • Ameliorating Strike has been improved. It now occurs on any hit with Smite Foe, instead of on Critical Hit. However, its healing has been lowered to 1d2 per character level (It is still affected by Spell Power).
    • Implacable Foe now passively grants +2 Constitution instead of +2 Wisdom.
    • Implacable Foe now grants a new passive benefit. If you have both Implacable Foe and Divine Vessel, Divine Vessel triggers upon reaching 20 stacks of Divine Conduit, instead of 25.
    • Burden of Sin now has an improved chance to proc when attacked. It has been increased from 5/10/15% to 15/30/50%.
    • Burden of Sin and Light Guard can now trigger even if you are hit for 0 damage.
    • The fourth and fifth Core Enhancements (War Domain: Haste and War Domain: Blur) have swapped places. Blur is now the fourth enhancement, while Haste is the fifth.
    These are mostly solid changes for the better. I will have to try out Ameliorating strike sometime this weekend to see how well it performs.

Twice in one thread my communication skill were poor...oh well...I'll learn to make myself clearer in the future.

Community Member

I was supporting your point of view.

Guess I should have included a complimentary hey buddy that's a cool point.
    Eh, sorry, I'm in a surly mood.

Cannith

Eh, sorry, I'm in a surly mood.
    No really, its my fault, anyway internet type is so much harder than voice where inflection, tone, etc help define meaning...

Quote Originally Posted by alceste007 View Post
    These are mostly solid changes for the better. I will have to try out Ameliorating strike sometime this weekend to see how well it performs.
    Please do, and thanks all those who posted things so I could have a preview too.
    Tell what you think.

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

I like the changes made and this looks good. One thing ignore anyone wanting to change the permanent divine power. I like it..I find it annoying to have to recast it all the time...and as others have said its not for the strength bonus but the full BaB it gives. I second, however, the cry for more weapons. It basically rules out ant THF build unless you are warforged. I would suggest any enhancement selector to pick a specific weapon type our deity has blessed for us to use which then qualifies. I mean specific like great sword, falchion, heavy pick etc.

Would it be possible to go a different way with blessed weapons?

I'm thinking something like you petition your deity to bless a weapon type/group for you to use. Imagine a tier 1, 2 AP enhancement: "blessed weapon" with a weapon group selection similar or identical to how kensei weapon focus selection works. Then, also like kensei, have a second enhancement right next to it for another 2 AP that would include the exotic weapons of that category. (EDIT: The base enhancement could also grant proficiency, but the exotic enhancement should not.)

With or without that tier 1 weapon selection I could also envision a 3-rank tier 5 enhancement, 2 AP per rank:

rank 1: your blessed weapon's crit multiplier increases to x3 if it's x2
    rank 2: your blessed weapon's base crit range increases to 19-20 if it's 20
    rank 3: your blessed weapon's base crit range increases to 18-20 if it's 19-20

Essentially, spending that 6 AP would turn whatever weapon type you chose into 18-20x3 regardless what kind of weapon it is. (Or 18-20x4 for heavy picks!) The concept here is to not just simply add multipliers/range because doing that keeps khopesh as the best. This way your blessed weapon is always good; the specific weapon type would just be a flavor choice.

Community Member

I'm glad they stayed away from crit increases. That's rightfully a true melee thing, and there's just already enough of it.

/signed that more weapon options would be good. I like that there are restrictions based on race/religion, and hopefully options could be increased in a way that it's not a total free-for-all or one obvious choice (e.g. and humans who pick the war god of uberness get greataxes and greatswords!!!), but right now it's a bit too restrictive.

Cannith

or one obvious choice (e.g. and humans who pick the war god of uberness get greataxes and greatswords!!!)
    lol

Founder

Nice changes.

Thanks for communicating!

Suggestion that will never happen but I want it:

Make leap of faith(EA or FVS) auto fill and trigger your divine conduit stacks on termination

I am the Divine cruise missile!
    could give clerics leap with conduit if you were feeling generous
    Last edited by Rathic; 09-13-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Give Divine Vessel a try. It's essentially a passive AoE damage proc that scales with Spell Power. Its dice are also based off of total character level, not just cleric level.
    As you attack enemies, you build up charges. When the charges reach 25, they reset, and the battlefield is smashed by a divine cruise missile.
    It's a toggle so that you can disable it in situations where you don't want to be dealing AoE damage.

Here's some changes made today: A mix of bug fixes, and improvements based on Lamannia feedback.
    THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON LAMANNIA. THEY MAY NOT BE SEEN UNTIL THE PATCH GOES LIVE.

• Ameliorating Strike now functions properly.
    • Ameliorating Strike has been improved. It now occurs on any hit with Smite Foe, instead of on Critical Hit. However, its healing has been lowered to 1d2 per character level (It is still affected by Spell Power).
    • Implacable Foe now passively grants +2 Constitution instead of +2 Wisdom.
    • Implacable Foe now grants a new passive benefit. If you have both Implacable Foe and Divine Vessel, Divine Vessel triggers upon reaching 20 stacks of Divine Conduit, instead of 25.
    • Burden of Sin now has an improved chance to proc when attacked. It has been increased from 5/10/15% to 15/30/50%.
    • Burden of Sin and Light Guard can now trigger even if you are hit for 0 damage.
    • The fourth and fifth Core Enhancements (War Domain: Haste and War Domain: Blur) have swapped places. Blur is now the fourth enhancement, while Haste is the fifth.

STILL not addressed or added to Known Issues=

Ninja Spy capstone does NOT increase shuriken crit range at ALL. Please acknowledge and fix.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Would it be possible to go a different way with blessed weapons?

I'm thinking something like you petition your deity to bless a weapon type/group for you to use. Imagine a tier 1, 2 AP enhancement: "blessed weapon" with a weapon group selection similar or identical to how kensei weapon focus selection works. Then, also like kensei, have a second enhancement right next to it for another 2 AP that would include the exotic weapons of that category. (EDIT: The base enhancement could also grant proficiency, but the exotic enhancement should not.)

With or without that tier 1 weapon selection I could also envision a 3-rank tier 5 enhancement, 2 AP per rank:

rank 1: your blessed weapon's crit multiplier increases to x3 if it's x2
    rank 2: your blessed weapon's base crit range increases to 19-20 if it's 20
    rank 3: your blessed weapon's base crit range increases to 18-20 if it's 19-20

Essentially, spending that 6 AP would turn whatever weapon type you chose into 18-20x3 regardless what kind of weapon it is. (Or 18-20x4 for heavy picks!) The concept here is to not just simply add multipliers/range because doing that keeps khopesh as the best. This way your blessed weapon is always good; the specific weapon type would just be a flavor choice.
    I'm going to have to disagree with increases like this. I said it before in this thread, that moves this tree very closely to the Paladin stuff (such as Exalted Smite), except it removes all the drawbacks of limited uses, eats a charge (SP, Turns, etc) and only affects certain mobs. If the Devs are going to allow basically a combat medic to get all those gains, the Devs need to revisit both Paladin trees and core abilities and boost the paladin so they can do better general damage and such.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    So Sorc is next up to get access to a 3rd tree at once
    Actually it's Sorc 2nd tree Savant is one prestige class...I'm hoping for something really unique and interest like Dragon Disciple, hoping its not AoTS aka Fire Savant Lite...I'd rather get Force Savant

No one uses Torc to completely fill up their mana its main use is to slow your mana loss down during a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    STILL not addressed or added to Known Issues=

Ninja Spy capstone does NOT increase shuriken crit range at ALL. Please acknowledge and fix.
    As much as I'd like to see issues with Ninja Spy addressed (ie. It not recognizing Druid Wolf Forms piercing/slashing damage making a few of the key abilities not work) this is not the thread to be discussing that in
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast