Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Hero

Default The complete War Priest enhancements list

For ease of discussion and for those who cannot login to Lamannia, this is the complete War Priest enhancement list in Update 19 Patch 2.

Core Abilities:

Smite Foe (Cooldown 15 seconds): Smite your enemy with a melee attack that deals an additional 2[W] damage. Passive: +2 AC, +5 Fire Spell Power, +5 Light Spell Power.

Resilience of Battle: Passive: DR 5/-, +2 AC, +5 Fire Spell Power, +5 Light Spell Power

Sanctuary (Cooldown 1 minute): Activate: for 20 seconds, you gain +20 Sacred bonus to PRR. Passive: +2 AC, +5 Fire Spell Power, +5 Light Spell Power.

War Domain: Haste: Haste is added to your spellbook as a level 3 spell. Passive: +2 AC, +5 Fire Spell Power, +5 Light Spell Power.

War Domain: Blur: Blur is added to your spellbook as a level 2 spell. In addition, you permanently benefit from the effects of the Blur spell. Passive: +2 AC, +5 Fire Spell Power, +5 Light Spell Power.

Implacable Foe (Cooldown 5 minutes): Activate: You and nearby allies gain 100 Temporary Hit Points and their attacks will deal 10% additional damage. For the next 18 seconds, these bonuses will refresh every 3 seconds on you and each ally that remains in range. These effects expire 5 seconds after they are no longer refreshed. Passive: +2 WIS, +2 AC, +5 Fire Spell Power, +5 Light Spell Power.

TIER 1

Divine Might (3 ranks - 1 AP each): 30/60/120 duration.

Toughness (3 ranks - 1 AP each): 5/10/15 HP.

Righteous Weapon (2 AP): Passive: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to it's Enhancement bonus. Favored Weapons:
    Amauntor: Heavy Mace
    The Lord of Blades: Greatsword
    The Silver Flame: Longbow
    The Sovereign Host: Longsword
    The Undying Court: Scimitar
    Vulkoor: Shortsword

Sacred Touch (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Sacred Touch: When you heal allies (with positive energy damage spells) they gain +1/2/3 AC and +1/2/3 PRR for 12 seconds.

Awareness (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Passive: +1/2/3 Listen, Search, Spot. At rank 3: +1 saving throw to traps.

TIER 2

Smite Weakness (2 AP): When you strike an enemy with Smite Foe, they gain four to seven stacks of Vulnerable. (For each stack, the target takes 1% more damage for 3 seconds, and loses one stack on expiration.)

Wall of Steel (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Passive: +3/6/10 PRR.

Righteous Weapon (2 AP): Passive: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to it's Enhancement bonus.

Inflame (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Action Boost: You and your nearby allies gain a +2/3/4 Action Boost to Armor Class, Attack Rolls, and Damage Rolls. (Duration: 30 seconds, Cooldown: 60 seconds)

Inflame: Saving Throws (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Your Inflame now also grants +2/3/4 Action Boost bonus to all saving throws.

TIER 3

Burden of Sin (3 ranks - 1 AP each): 5/10/15% Chance on Being Hit: The enemy that struck you gains on stack of Burdened. (-1 STR and DEX. This stacks up to 10 times, and loses one stack on expiration.)

Righteous Weapon (2 AP): Passive: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to it's Enhancement bonus.

Inflame: Energy Absorption (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Your Inflame now also grants a +5/10/15% Action Boost bonus to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire and Sonic Energy Absorption.

+1 STR, WIS or CHA

TIER 4

Ameliorating Strike (2 AP): When your Smite Foe strikes a Critical Hit, you and your nearby allies are healed by 1d4 per character level, and benefit from the effects of a Lesser Restoration spell. (The heal from Ameliorating Strike is affected by your Positive Spell Power.)

Light Guard (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Enemies that strike you are dealt 1-4/2-8/3-12 Light Daamage. Requires: Burden of Sin.

+1 STR, WIS or CHA

TIER 5

Divine Power (2 AP): Passive: Your god has imbued you with power and skill in combat, granting a +6 enhancement bonus to STR, and a base attack bonus equal to a fighter of the same level.

Divine Vessel (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Toggle: While active, your attacks generate a stack of Divine Conduit. When Divine Conduit reaches 25, it is removed and nearby enemies take 1-4 Fire and 1-4 Light damage per character level. (Damage from Divine Vessel is affected by Fire and Light Spell Power.) You may only gain a stack of Divine Conduit once every three/two/one seconds.

Wrathful Weapons (2 AP): Passive: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains an additional +1 to it's Enhancement Bonus. When you score a Vorpal Hit with your religion's favored weapon, your attacks gain 3d4 Light Damage on hit for the next 6 seconds. Requires: Religious Weapons Training (Rank 4).

Magic Backlash (3 ranks - 1 AP each): Passive: When an enemy damages you with a spell, there is a 10%/20%/30% chance that they will be knocked down. (Does not affect bosses.)

Divine Intervention (2 AP): Activation Cost: 30 SP. Cooldown: 2 minutes. Active: Divine Intervention: Ward your target against fatal damage. Hit point damage cannot lower a warded ally's hit point total below -9. When a warded ally is incapacitated, this effect heals the target after a few seconds for 10-39 HP and then fades.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Thank You

I'm not even going to bother with having an opinion on the enhancements themselves because there needs to be more favored weapon options for any of this to even matter.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

ugggghhh another reminder that the only cleric allowed to use iconic bludgeoning weapons is the not so iconic ML Elven Cleric. They really should break up the sovereign host...same abilities just varied weapons.

Other than that I'm really liking this tree...the perma-divine power is really tempting the other tier 5s are kinda meh though of course our wizard-less static group is salivating over the fact our cleric tank is getting haste. it's not the best tree but its one of the better ones...I'll give a step-by-step rundown later for now I have to go to work.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-12-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

2014 DDO Players Council

The trick is trying to figure out how to spend 40 AP in the least-non-useful way possible, to qualify for that extra +2 Wisdom from the capstone for my not-at-all-melee divine.

I was actually rather surprised that Warpriest got a +2 Wisdom capstone, not Str or Cha. Not that I'm complaining. Good-bye, Ascendancy & Healing Word, hello Implacable Foe.

Community Member

Divine Power (2 AP): Passive: Your god has imbued you with power and skill in combat, granting a +6 enhancement bonus to STR, and a base attack bonus equal to a fighter of the same level.
    This seems lacking at best.

The most it has going for it is that it frees up a slot you might use for a STR item. Enhancement Bonus? Really?

*Edit* Oh and thanks for posting it btw.
    Last edited by Archangel_666; 09-12-2013 at 04:42 PM.

I'm wondering if Righteous Weapons stacks with the existing enhancement bonus, or replaces it.

Just as an example, let's say I've got a Drow Short Sword of the Weaponmaster that I currently use because it gives me a +18 implement bonus to spellpower. If I had "Articles of Faith" from AoV, and then tier 5 of Righteous Weapons, is my +6 short sword now +11, giving a +33 implement bonus to spellpower? Because, if that's the case, awesome. If it doesn't stack, and it's just the higher of the two, then it's great for all my +1 and +2 SS's with neat effects, but not as awesome as a +11 3[1d6] black shortsword of killing.

Anyway, I'm going to give it a whirl on Llamaland tonight, and see how viable a TWF Drow Warpriest ends up being. Probably will be Pure Flavor, but I can power it off charisma, divine might, and pure will to make it work, I think...
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Default Thanks for sharing, Carpone :D

This really tempts me to make a pure combat cleric~

However, I'm a bit conflicted on the passive wisdom bonus from the capstone. On one hand, the extra spell points are useful. On the other hand, I'm more likely to use charisma, strength and constitution on a melee divine. Implacable Foe is awesome though

Then there is Divine Might as a first-tier ability. I can't help but feel that this ability is a bit too potent for a tier one enhancement.

Resilience of Battle's 5/- DR is nice, but becomes less useful at higher levels. I've seen a few items that give the exact same amount of DR, as well.

Permanent Divine Power? Oooooooooohhhhh~ Of course, I'm going to be equipping items that give 7+ enhancement bonus to strength later on in epic levels, so I may or may not keep this one.

Also, it would be nice to have some positive energy spellpower in here somewhere. This is going to be an FvS tree, too, and they'll need it much more than clerics, who have the Healing tree, do.

In fact, why not give some universal spellpower to the cleric/FvS while the user is wielding their deities' favored weapon? Or at least pos. en. spellpower?
    Last edited by HatsuharuZ; 09-12-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post

The most it has going for it is that it frees up a slot you might use for a STR item. Enhancement Bonus? Really?

The real bonus is the boost to BAB. That equals +5 to attack rolls and more attacks per round.

It's a substantial boost to DPS.

ETA: Maybe not substantial, but it's more about the BAB than the STR.
    Last edited by dlsidhe; 09-12-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    The real bonus is the boost to BAB. That equals +5 to attack rolls and more attacks per round.

It's a substantial boost to DPS.
    Yes and no. While it will boost the number of attacks etc. the main use of BaB to me is meeting pre-reqs for Feats, which this won't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post

Divine Power Has Always worked like this in DDO!

The reason EVERY Cleric has it is for the BAB as the +6 Str has always been pointless once you have a +6 Str Item.

P.S. I'd personally NOT use Divine Power as my Str Item as it is on a short timer and would have to be constantly recast {Even in Town}.

I'd love for the Devs to Change that Str to say Exceptional 2 but this is unlikely in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

The reason EVERY Cleric has it is for the BAB as the +6 Str has always been pointless once you have a +6 Str Item.

P.S. I'd personally NOT use Divine Power as my Str Item as it is on a short timer and would have to be constantly recast {Even in Town}.

I'd love for the Devs to Change that Str to say Exceptional 2 but this is unlikely in the extreme.
    The Warpriest Divine Power is permanent, which makes it awesome for BAB, and meh for a +6 strength. I'd take +2 divine bonus, so it stacked with exceptional and insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

According to Carpone's list, this bonus is permanent. It says "passive".

Community Member

I know my input isn't going to be liked by most people looking at this tree, but I have to put it out there anyway.

As a player who has a pure paladin, I'm unhappy that the Cleric Smite Foe not only affects all mobs but is only limited to a cooldown with unlimited uses. I don't mind that it affects all mobs, but the unlimited uses with a moderate cooldown really chaffs me. All the paladin clickies eat up something (Smites, Turn Undead, SP) and nothing was given to paladins to consistently damage all mobs. So this is a really sore point, since those were all things that I've argued to have included somewhere in the Paladin tree, especially since the Devs pigeonholed the KOTC and HOTD by doing an incomplete merge of those trees.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    I know my input isn't going to be liked by most people looking at this tree, but I have to put it out there anyway.

As a player who has a pure paladin, I'm unhappy that the Cleric Smite Foe not only affects all mobs but is only limited to a cooldown with unlimited uses. I don't mind that it affects all mobs, but the unlimited uses with a moderate cooldown really chaffs me. All the paladin clickies eat up something (Smites, Turn Undead, SP) and nothing was given to paladins to consistently damage all mobs. So this is a really sore point, since those were all things that I've argued to have included somewhere in the Paladin tree, especially since the Devs pigeonholed the KOTC and HOTD by doing an incomplete merge of those trees.
    The Warpriest Smite is way less powerful than the Paladin smite - no bonus damage, no bonus to attack, just a +2W attack on a timer with optional debuffs/chance at a mass cure/lesser restore. Sure, it works on all mobs, but a +2W attack is nothing - it's a flavor name for a common melee PrE ability.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Thx for posting
    No bonus to spellpower for each point spent is very lacking.
    Hate nice bonuses to terrible, sh*** worthless selection of weapons (unless you happen to be a warforged).
    Like haste and healing with attacks things.

2014 DDO Players Council

So, a caster's perspective on Warpriest:

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    The trick is trying to figure out how to spend 40 AP in the least-non-useful way possible, to qualify for that extra +2 Wisdom from the capstone for my not-at-all-melee divine.
    Well, after some tinkering on Lama, I now have the Warpriest capstone.

But OUCH was that painful. Lost a bunch of spellpower, lost tons of efficient metamagic, lost spell resistance reduction, lost most of Scroll Mastery, lost Command SLA, even lost some elemental resistance.

And yes, I had to waste tons of points on things that are completely and utterly useless to me. This really is worse than Protection for a non-melee.

I ended up with 36 points in AoV, 3 in Human, and 41 in Warpriest.

In Warpriest, I took:

- all the cores (of course, since I'm after the capstone)
    - Wis x2 (good)

- Toughness x3 (not bad)
    - Wall of Steel x3 (not bad)

- Sacred Touch x3 (marginal, plus annoying short-term buff bar distraction)
    - Awareness x3 (marginal)

- Inflame x9 (basically useless, solely to burn points)
    - Burden of Sin x3 (basically useless, solely to burn points)
    - Ameliorating Strike (cost 2) (completely useless, solely to burn points)
    - Divine Might x2 (completely useless, solely to burn points)
    - Light Guard x3 (actively harmful, but I need to burn points; if I want aggro, I'll grab it deliberately, I don't want to get it accidentally just from a mob hitting me)

If it were not for the crazy-high points-in-trees requirement above and beyond the already stringent pure-20-levels-in-your-class requirement for capstones, I could dump a ton of AP into more useful stuff in Angel of Vengeance.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 09-12-2013 at 06:19 PM.

+2 Wisdom on a cleric is nice and all, but what good is that on a battle FvS?

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    So, a caster's perspective on Warpriest:

Well, after some tinkering on Lama, I now have the Warpriest capstone.
    NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warpriest capstone is broken, the same way Protection capstone was! No +2 Wisdom!

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    +2 Wisdom on a cleric is nice and all, but what good is that on a battle FvS?
    Depends what you mean by "battle", but if you care about DCs, higher Wisdom is higher DCs. That's why I want it on my non-melee caster FvS.

Community Member

I don't know what to say about this, but this is coming from a person that didn't understand the need for a warpriest tree to begin with. For flavor, I guess this is fine. But melee divines are in a good place now, and that good place comes with a splash. A pure melee cleric with this warpriest tree is miles behind someone that splashed. I just don't now. Perhaps I'm not the target audience.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast