Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    I like it!
    Lot of great stuff in there. And I'm a lazy SoB so I'm cool with convenience stuff like perma blur and divine power.
    Main issue wityh perma-blur is some people have builds where they WANT to be hit so the permablur is detrimental...most requestys are just for a toggle

I don't understand people saying haste isn't good. Yes you can get it with an epic feat or a gear slot... but both of those are way more valuable than a single spell slot. It's a bring your own haste world, and one lvl 3 spell slot is a really cheap way of using it.
    I honestly haven't seen anyone complain about the haste only blur

Capstone seems weak to me though 18 seconds of healing every 5 minutes? and +2 wisdom? Meh, I'll definitely be splashing.
    Indeed +Wis is for caster trees I'd say +2 Con is best

Still think Divine Power should be a selector for STR/CON/DEX since all those are used for damage now. Either that or just go back to a damage boost.
    Well honestly its an enhancement bonus so it doesn't really matter...on the other hand a +2 Sacred bonus to any one stat would be more apt/useful
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Give Divine Vessel a try. It's essentially a passive AoE damage proc that scales with Spell Power. Its dice are also based off of total character level, not just cleric level.
    As you attack enemies, you build up charges. When the charges reach 25, they reset, and the battlefield is smashed by a divine cruise missile.
    It's a toggle so that you can disable it in situations where you don't want to be dealing AoE damage.

Here's some changes made today: A mix of bug fixes, and improvements based on Lamannia feedback.
    THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON LAMANNIA. THEY MAY NOT BE SEEN UNTIL THE PATCH GOES LIVE.

• Ameliorating Strike now functions properly.
    • Ameliorating Strike has been improved. It now occurs on any hit with Smite Foe, instead of on Critical Hit. However, its healing has been lowered to 1d2 per character level (It is still affected by Spell Power).
    • Implacable Foe now passively grants +2 Constitution instead of +2 Wisdom.
    • Implacable Foe now grants a new passive benefit. If you have both Implacable Foe and Divine Vessel, Divine Vessel triggers upon reaching 20 stacks of Divine Conduit, instead of 25.
    • Burden of Sin now has an improved chance to proc when attacked. It has been increased from 5/10/15% to 15/30/50%.
    • Burden of Sin and Light Guard can now trigger even if you are hit for 0 damage.
    • The fourth and fifth Core Enhancements (War Domain: Haste and War Domain: Blur) have swapped places. Blur is now the fourth enhancement, while Haste is the fifth.

How about an enhancement that allows us proficiency in ANY martial weapon instead of these "favored weapon" things? Or if that's not possible, then how about making up a new deity for Humans (or maybe Dwarves) whose favorite weapon is a Greataxe? My Carnifex grows thirsty

It's definitely better than Protection, but I still don't see any real benefit to a "true" melee cleric that wouldn't be better served by splashing a level or two of fighter or monk? Unless I missed something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Give Divine Vessel a try. It's essentially a passive AoE damage proc that scales with Spell Power. Its dice are also based off of total character level, not just cleric level.
    As you attack enemies, you build up charges. When the charges reach 25, they reset, and the battlefield is smashed by a divine cruise missile.
    It's a toggle so that you can disable it in situations where you don't want to be dealing AoE damage.
    I found the damage a little lacking - at level 28, with as much light/fire spellpower as I could gather, it was hitting for around 500 damage total (250 light, 250 fire). Also, when TWF, the counter wasn't increasing on off-hand attacks AFAICT. I'll try again tonight, but I understood it to be the counter increases on damage, and I saw more than 25 damage numbers go by before the (admittedly) awesome animation appeared.

Here's some changes made today: A mix of bug fixes, and improvements based on Lamannia feedback.
    THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON LAMANNIA. THEY MAY NOT BE SEEN UNTIL THE PATCH GOES LIVE.

• Ameliorating Strike has been improved. It now occurs on any hit with Smite Foe, instead of on Critical Hit. However, its healing has been lowered to 1d2 per character level (It is still affected by Spell Power).
    • Implacable Foe now grants a new passive benefit. If you have both Implacable Foe and Divine Vessel, Divine Vessel triggers upon reaching 20 stacks of Divine Conduit, instead of 25.
    • Burden of Sin now has an improved chance to proc when attacked. It has been increased from 5/10/15% to 15/30/50%.
    • Burden of Sin and Light Guard can now trigger even if you are hit for 0 damage.
    • The fourth and fifth Core Enhancements (War Domain: Haste and War Domain: Blur) have swapped places. Blur is now the fourth enhancement, while Haste is the fifth.
    Seems legit. I might try a multiclass build tonight, see if a 17/3 drow shortsword clonk is in any way amusing.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 22 Warlock) // Valissia (Drow 21 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    How about an enhancement that allows us proficiency in ANY martial weapon instead of these "favored weapon" things? Or if that's not possible, then how about making up a new deity for Humans (or maybe Dwarves) whose favorite weapon is a Greataxe? My Carnifex grows thirsty

It's definitely better than Protection, but I still don't see any real benefit to a "true" melee cleric that wouldn't be better served by splashing a level or two of fighter or monk? Unless I missed something?
    I've been begging they allow warpriests a wider variety of weapons for quite some time now, so far it seems to be falling on deaf ears

at the very least you'd think they'd allow us our choice of deity, out of all deities, rather than limit them per race.
    it's like saying that if you want to follow the teachings of Buddha, you'd better be born in india to a pair of natives, or that faith is not for you.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

I spent all points possible into Warpriest (except for last tier core ability, as I have 2 monk levels on the char). So, including that last core ability, I would have spent 64 AP, leaving me with 16 to put into Radiant Servant, which I did. I took Turning 3/3, Scroll Mastery 3/3, Altruism 1/3 (filler), Divine Cleansing 1/3, Purge Dark Magics 1/3, Intense Healing 1/3, +1 CHA, Healing Domain, Pacifism, and Positive Energy Burst.

Took off Blue Dragon set (melees would be more likely to have Black)
    Took off Erudition Planar focus and Twilight
    That's -30 Universal Spellpower.

That left me with 235 Positive Spellpower, with Gauntlets of Immortality equipped.

I could drink an Ardor pot for +25 more devotion, and turn Pacifism on for 25 more, but I don't see losing 1(W) weapon damage for that.

With those factors (at 260 positive sp. power after an ardor pot) I got:
    Mass Cure Light: 162
    Mass Cure Mod: 201
    Heal: 457
    Mass Heal: 731
    Burst: 187

(That's with no healing amp, and only Empower Heal and Maximize active, character is level 26, 18CLR/2MNK/6EPIC)
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Nice changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Main issue wityh perma-blur is some people have builds where they WANT to be hit so the permablur is detrimental...most requestys are just for a toggle
    Meh, if they make it a toggle fine, but that kind of torcing strategy is pretty silly these days. It's unneed in EH, counterproductive against EE melee, and a complete waste of time off EE archers. Don't get me wrong, I still like torc for melee casters, but you're still better off not getting hit in EE. Torc is just a kickback for when you get hit anyway.

I don't see why the rest of us should have to bother with a toggle so the .1% of people that want to use a doppy strategy can do so 20% more effectively.

Reminds me of the Shadow Dancer threat toggle that you have to hit ever darn time you log in because Shade thought he might occasionally want to tank in SD for evasion.
    Well honestly its an enhancement bonus so it doesn't really matter...on the other hand a +2 Sacred bonus to any one stat would be more apt/useful
    Eh, yeah, I meant divine might.
    Last edited by SerPounce; 09-13-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

Community Member

a question, are clerics and favored souls going to enjoy a short period of time after they first log in where the cost to reset all enhancements will be greatly reduced? i know i will have to totally rebuild and tinker with enhancements on my cleric and i'm still feeling the hurt from this last go around due to points not being deducted from the total and not sticking but looking like they were. in the span of 30 minutes i had to reset at least 4 times. pretty sure i went thru over 400k plat.
    btw, good call on swapping haste and blur, didn't make much sense to me that the 4th core was a level 3 spell and the 5th core was a level 2 spell. now if each of those were an sla instead of added to the spell book that would be gravy. i'd be tempted to take the extended spell feat.
    Server: Sarlona. Characters: Rackoribs Barbequed, Brautwurst Flamegrilled, Porkloin Flameseared

Community Member

Wow. This is a huge nerf to offensive caster Clerics, since they now have no tree to spend points in for 1 USP.

It looks like we are going to have quite a wave of warpriests running around with no real enhancement boosts to their spell powers and wondering why they are so terrible at everything, melee and magic.

I think we agree with you- an ability that only triggers on critical hits from a special attack that itself has a fifteen second cooldown just isn't very good. It's not at all reliable.
    thank you for changing it from on crit to on-hit. would it be possible to now do something to reduce the unreliability/randomness of divine vessel? making it on vorpal rather than on a 25 counter, even for reduced damage, would be a better alternative imo. as it stands there would be encounters where it will trigger, others where it won't, and often it triggers at the wrong time.
    such a shame, as it really is a cool effect.
    Last edited by Lauf; 09-13-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    thank you for changing it from on crit to on-hit. would it be possible to now do something to reduce the unreliability/randomness of divine vessel? making it on vorpal rather than on a 25 counter, even for reduced damage, would be a better alternative imo. as it stands there would be encounters where it will trigger, others where it won't, and often it triggers at the wrong time.
    such a shame, as it really is a cool effect.
    How is on vorpal possible more "reliable" and less "random" than a 25 counter?
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

2014 DDO Players Council

Nice to see such changes being made from Lama feedback. Fair or not, there has sometimes been a perception that whatever's on Lama is going to be what we're stuck with.

Well, that makes my swap from Protection to Warpriest pretty simple: I lose Efficient Metamagic, and gain 10 PRR, with the vast majority of AP unchanged in AoV. <shrug>

So Sorc is next up to get access to a 3rd tree at once (since they can only access 2 at once of their current 4 trees). When are other classes with only 2 trees expected to get a 3rd tree?

Meh, if they make it a toggle fine, but that kind of torcing strategy is pretty silly these days. It's unneed in EH, counterproductive against EE melee, and a complete waste of time off EE archers. Don't get me wrong, I still like torc for melee casters, but you're still better off not getting hit in EE. Torc is just a kickback for when you get hit anyway.

I don't see why the rest of us should have to bother with a toggle so the .1% of people that want to use a doppy strategy can do so 20% more effectively.

Reminds me of the Shadow Dancer threat toggle that you have to hit ever darn time you log in because Shade thought he might occasionally want to tank in SD for evasion.
    Earlier I did mention that only if its ON by default
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

[*]Ameliorating Strike now functions properly.[*]Ameliorating Strike has been improved. It now occurs on any hit with Smite Foe, instead of on Critical Hit. However, its healing has been lowered to 1d2 per character level (It is still affected by Spell Power).
    This went from pointless to awesome nice one Feather

[*]Implacable Foe now passively grants +2 Constitution instead of +2 Wisdom.
    Woot

[*]Implacable Foe now grants a new passive benefit. If you have both Implacable Foe and Divine Vessel, Divine Vessel triggers upon reaching 20 stacks of Divine Conduit, instead of 25.
    Cool addition

[*]Burden of Sin now has an improved chance to proc when attacked. It has been increased from 5/10/15% to 15/30/50%.
    Nice but stat damage is still pointless because it can't cause helplessness.

[*]The fourth and fifth Core Enhancements (War Domain: Haste and War Domain: Blur) have swapped places. Blur is now the fourth enhancement, while Haste is the fifth.[/LIST]
    Boooo!! Understandable though

I really don't want to download lammania, so would someone be kind enough to see if righteous weapons (all tiers) and divine vessel works on a cleric/fvs or the silver flame for me?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

How is on vorpal possible more "reliable" and less "random" than a 25 counter?
    the counter loses a stack every 6 seconds
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Community Member

I really wanted to love the warpriest, and in fairness I think some of the abilities are pretty neat. I'm glad clerics in particular got a melee tree.

My FvS AA Rogue splash wanted to take this over AoV, but even though the enhancement bonus stuff is cool the entire tree is way too melee focused. A nuke every time I build up charges from attacking? Great in melee, useless to a ranged toon who wants to be away from that nonsense. Plus unlimited divine power is great unless you're not using Str for damage.

Plus the starting ability on which much is dependent is melee only, for some reason.

Not so cool.

Divine Might needs to be turns.

There needs to be an enhancement on the tree so FVS can purchase Turn Undead (a la Unyielding)

Weapon profs shouldn't be autogranted. Profs should be a purchase on the tree.

Divine Power is lame and should remain a spell. Replace with Righteous Might - a +4 size bonus to STR,CON, -2 size bonus to DEX and related bonuses to resist trips / etc. It needs to be an SLA or take SP.

Side note: they should rename "Aerenal Weapon Training" to "Default Khorvaire Elf Weapon Training". I find it amusing that you could create a character you envision to be some Aerenal undying-fanboi and not get bonuses to the chosen weapon ;-)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

A warning for Drow, if you take the righteous weapons line it adds "magic" to celestia and it ceases to bypass DR or benefit from light vulnerability
    Last edited by Rathic; 09-13-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast