Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 89
  1. #61
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    But he's not wrong about the XP sucking, focus on that.
    Yeah, sure thing - the xp does suck and the loot even in that quest is mediocre. It was just hard to sort through all the grousing, belly aching, and what have yous. All of that was making my eyes bleed.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  2. #62
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Yeah, sure thing - the xp does suck and the loot even in that quest is mediocre. It was just hard to sort through all the grousing, belly aching, and what have yous. All of that was making my eyes bleed.
    The XP and loot sucking is the most important problem with the pack.

  3. #63
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The XP and loot sucking is the most important problem with the pack.
    The visual effects causing motion sickness and vomiting is the most important part imo, at least with wgu.

  4. #64
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The visual effects causing motion sickness and vomiting is the most important part imo, at least with wgu.
    +1 this. I hate the new visual effects, it also slows down my PC.
    Also instead of punishing DwS rangers, please make it 1 pt per point spent in the tree as someone else mentioned

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    I cant log on to check out the new changes right now, and I hate how they never provide enough information in the patch notes to actually know what the changes are....

    1) What are the changes to the Druid trees? Whats different, whats new, and is it all just stuff everyone will ignore anyway?
    2) What happened to Ranger? They took out the +75 Positive in DWS? Or did they just reduce it?

  6. #66

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Howdy everyone!

    We've just brought Lamannia up recently with Update 19 Patch 2.

    Come on by and check it out!

    Squeak will post release notes and known issues soon.

    See you online!

    Who's in charge of naming stuff in the game?

    Because if the epic Gianthold saga gets named Return to the Return to Gianthold, I'll make you guys some beholder cookies.

  7. #67
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    That is because they did not provide sufficient incentives to run it not because people could not handle what goes up. The 5th time I ran ee what goes up on Saturday morning did it in 43 minutes, with 0 resources used, and less then 5 deaths so stop your crying and play epic hard because you can not deal with ee.
    Good for you. Go back an read my post. People aren't playing the expansion since the XP and loot sucks.
    Last edited by Mystera; 09-16-2013 at 07:41 PM.

  8. #68
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ShangHai
    Posts
    148

    Cool someone is whining about the new slaying arrow, really?

    Quote Originally Posted by taospark View Post
    To be fair, they always superseded even under the old AA system. However, my main issue is that Slaying Arrows is no longer a stance which severely drops AA damage in Epics; all the other imbues added damage doesn't make up for that loss.
    dude you just dont know how to use the slaying arrow do you? some guide for you : try use you abilities in this sequence: active Fury ED, deactivate auto-attack,active adrenaline, active any dmg boosts, active multi-shot, use slaying arrow, see the numbers yourself.
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

  9. #69
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Good for you. Go back an read my post. People aren't playing the expansion since the XP and loot sucks.
    My friends and I are playing it. It also helps open up third tier pdk favor for those that have problems getting the elites done. I think most of the quests are fun. Of course, I freely admit I'm weird and play a game to have fun and not for max xp/min.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  10. #70
    Community Member djl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    My friends and I are playing it. It also helps open up third tier pdk favor for those that have problems getting the elites done. I think most of the quests are fun. Of course, I freely admit I'm weird and play a game to have fun and not for max xp/min.
    But, you guys are the exception. There are a few groups here and there that still run it, but by and large the majority of people already did it and did it on EE, and they realized a few things:

    a) Gorgeous graphics, but terribly laggy (shadowfell effect does not help)

    b) The named loot, with the exception of EE goggles and EE gloves, is inferior to regular old vendor trash. This is dumb.

    c) You do not even need to grind any of the new loot to complete any of the quests on EE. They are not that difficult for a party with well-designed toons.

    d) The exp is complete garbage. It's amrath-level bad. And after the abundance of easy xp that was everything in MOTU, this is extremely disappointing.

    So, people run content for one of two things: good exp, or good loot. Sure, they run content that gives neither but is interesting a couple of times just because it is new, but everyone got those runs out of their system within the first week of the expansion being out. Once you've run something several times, it is no longer new or interesting anymore. So, you are back to "does it give good exp, or good items? No? Then I will skip it."


    Thus, people either TRed or quit til the next update. As a result, once other people get to 28 they realize "oh ****, there are no LFMS (except for, of course, people doing favor runs of level 6 content)." So, why even BOTHER doing epic content past around 25, then? That's the issue that is becoming more and more prevalent-- people do their TRs, get to 20, and run MOTU to get some ED exp. That puts them between 23-25, usually. Then they TR again. There is no reason to go all the way to 28 because there is very little to do there, and at least half the time you log in at 28 you will be met with an uninspiring blank, black LFM panel.

    They turned this game into heroic content being the main game, and epic levels being an epilogue. You can do the epilogue if you want to, and it never really "ends," but once you get to the highest level there's not much to do but start over again in a New Game+ fashion, i.e., TR.
    Last edited by djl; 09-17-2013 at 11:35 AM.

  11. #71
    Hero Propane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin
    Posts
    688

    Default Why not Protection and Warpriest Trees?

    Why get rid of the Protection Tree? Why not keep both and let people choose?

    (or did I miss somthing....)

    Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

  12. #72
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    But, you guys are the exception. There are a few groups here and there that still run it, but by and large the majority of people already did it and did it on EE, and they realized a few things:

    a) Gorgeous graphics, but terribly laggy (shadowfell effect does not help)

    b) The named loot, with the exception of EE goggles and EE gloves, is inferior to regular old vendor trash. This is dumb.

    c) You do not even need to grind any of the new loot to complete any of the quests on EE. They are not that difficult for a party with well-designed toons.

    d) The exp is complete garbage. It's amrath-level bad. And after the abundance of easy xp that was everything in MOTU, this is extremely disappointing.

    So, people run content for one of two things: good exp, or good loot. Sure, they run content that gives neither but is interesting a couple of times just because it is new, but everyone got those runs out of their system within the first week of the expansion being out. Once you've run something several times, it is no longer new or interesting anymore. So, you are back to "does it give good exp, or good items? No? Then I will skip it."


    Thus, people either TRed or quit til the next update. As a result, once other people get to 28 they realize "oh ****, there are no LFMS (except for, of course, people doing favor runs of level 6 content)." So, why even BOTHER doing epic content past around 25, then? That's the issue that is becoming more and more prevalent-- people do their TRs, get to 20, and run MOTU to get some ED exp. That puts them between 23-25, usually. Then they TR again. There is no reason to go all the way to 28 because there is very little to do there, and at least half the time you log in at 28 you will be met with an uninspiring blank, black LFM panel.

    They turned this game into heroic content being the main game, and epic levels being an epilogue. You can do the epilogue if you want to, and it never really "ends," but once you get to the highest level there's not much to do but start over again in a New Game+ fashion, i.e., TR.
    ^^ This. Remember when the first expansion came out...you got Epic Destinies, the MOTU raid with great loot (pinion, celestia, cleaver, twighlight, needle, sireth), plenty of quests with fanstastic xp, great quest rewards (seal of house avithoul, dun robar rings, drow weapons, grave wrappings, eveningstar commendation turn ins, lolth and planar focus trinkets, FGDS armor, stone heart docents), and we were given the eveningstar challenge pack and a ton of free content.

    This time around for the same money...there is nothing for the people that bought the pack that is even remotely as exciting as Epic Destinies, no raids, no challenge packs, no free content, no good xp quests, and the loot plain sucks. That we are talking about the Master Illusionist Gloves being some of the best loot from the pack is pathetic, especially since it is +11 int and a yellow slot, which imo is weaker than the +10 int / +9 resistance random gen item I paid 50kp for on the AH (since the yellow slot can't get me anything close to as valuable as +9 resistance). I could go into detail on how the named loot sucks, but that was hashed to death in the beta forums that the developers chose to ignore. Bottom line is that people that bought the pack, such as myself, got hosed. It doesn't remotely compare to the MOTU expansion, and is a essentially a $80 "expansion" that is comparable to the $5 Devils of Shavarath Adventure Pack (which has a raid).
    Last edited by Mystera; 09-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.

  13. #73
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Good for you. Go back an read my post. People aren't playing the expansion since the XP and loot sucks.
    Yeah I did read your post and half was about loot/xp and the other half was about how difficult up in the air is. I agree with the loot and xp portion of your post, but your part about how difficult the quest is not so much. There are too many cupcake quests in DDO.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  14. #74
    Founder Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    ^^ This. Remember when the first expansion came out...you got Epic Destinies, the MOTU raid with great loot (pinion, celestia, cleaver, twighlight, needle, sireth), plenty of quests with fanstastic xp, great quest rewards (seal of house avithoul, dun robar rings, drow weapons, grave wrappings, eveningstar commendation turn ins, lolth and planar focus trinkets, FGDS armor, stone heart docents), and we were given the eveningstar challenge pack and a ton of free content.

    This time around for the same money...there is nothing for the people that bought the pack that is even remotely as exciting as Epic Destinies, no raids, no challenge packs, no free content, no good xp quests, and the loot plain sucks. That we are talking about the Master Illusionist Gloves being some of the best loot from the pack is pathetic, especially since it is +11 int and a yellow slot, which imo is weaker than the +10 int / +9 resistance random gen item I paid 50kp for on the AH (since the yellow slot can't get me anything close to as valuable as +9 resistance). I could go into detail on how the named loot sucks, but that was hashed to death in the beta forums that the developers chose to ignore. Bottom line is that people that bought the pack, such as myself, got hosed. It doesn't remotely compare to the MOTU expansion, and is a essentially a $80 "expansion" that is comparable to the $5 Devils of Shavarath Adventure Pack (which has a raid).
    And we got the Panther with MOTU.... the Owlbear sucks (even with the so-called updates).

    Man, I'm kicking myself since I bought the expansion update for 2 accounts. I just bought it because I knew what a great deal pre-ordering MOTU was.

    Crappy named-loot, crappy quests, crappy xp... someone please remind me why I pre-ordered and spent over $200 on optionals for my 2 accounts.

    This was NOT an expansion... it was 2 updates lumped together... to screw over VIPs and do a massive cash grab before the game dies.
    Dorian

  15. #75
    Community Member Janisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Worshiping Undead Dragons
    Posts
    88

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    And we got the Panther with MOTU.... the Owlbear sucks (even with the so-called updates).

    Man, I'm kicking myself since I bought the expansion update for 2 accounts. I just bought it because I knew what a great deal pre-ordering MOTU was.

    Crappy named-loot, crappy quests, crappy xp... someone please remind me why I pre-ordered and spent over $200 on optionals for my 2 accounts.

    This was NOT an expansion... it was 2 updates lumped together... to screw over VIPs and do a massive cash grab before the game dies.

    Yes, that owlbear sucks. I have a friend who is deals with visual impairments and plays DDO with me and uses hirelings (3 druid past lives) and that stupid owlbear gets bugged constantly, and has to be dismissed and resummoned after 5 minutes because it stops following any commands. Complete sham how much people paid for that thing and it doesn't work at all. Turbine should feel ashamed of themselves. Fix its AI already. If you do not know what I am talking about, use it a quest with lots of doors - like Through a Mirror Darkly

  16. #76
    Community Member taospark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    68

    Default

    NEW Feedback is lacking regarding the fix to some requirements between different trees to stop identically named non-ability score enhancements from stacking (Critical Damage and Critical Accuracy from the Fighter Kensei, Rogue Assassin, and Ranger Tempest Trees)
    Thought someone should address this since feedback was solicited.

    I can see where multiple innate stacking Seeker bonuses could be seen as potentially imbalance but this punishes all multiclass customisation over pure class builds form whom stacking critical enhancements will be moot.

    However, there are ways to minimize the impact on builds that are focused on critical damage without eliminating it altogether.

    Proposal: Require a minimum level of 3 in the class to invest in the first tier of "Critical Accuracy" and minimum level of 5 in the class to invest in the first tier of "Critical Damage". This would correspond with the existing AP requirements of 10 and 20 respectively.

    This rewards builds which focus on and require critical damage to be playable while ensuring that Turbine's original intention of preventing a build with just a 2 level splash in Rogue can't "limp in" a massive boost to their damage with little cost.

  17. #77
    Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Guys, i just heard that lammas going down monday :'(( Noooo!!!!! Not Again!!!
    Back up account to "Buttkierownsmade"

    I am Titan.

  18. #78
    Community Member raclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    11

    Default Weapon damage display

    Please let someone from Turbine to read and comment on

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e+bonus+damage
    <img src="http://ddosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220f000000319ee7/010020200003000/signature.png"></img>

  19. #79
    Community Member Mamba_Lev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    75

    Default

    So the skeletons where causing all the lag/server overload in Epic instances of the graveyard meaning you have fixed epic instances or am i just being optimistic?
    If real life had a block function i would probably go out more.

  20. #80
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    274

    Default not even a tweak of the shadar kai?

    not even a tweak of the shadar kai? Im sure you see by now the concept didn't translate from paper to the game well at all. The Kai is underpowered due to that weak chain attack being the focal point of its enhancement line. Plz fix this race. I didn't pay 80$ + for the shadar kai to run epic hard quests. The 20 second chain attack needs attention immediately. Only a few ways to not die and use and all 20 seconds of that attack on an EE: Undead wizard/rogue with undead healing aura. Or a cleric/rogue mix with healing aura Always have 1st class intimitank available or a 1st class healer. I wanted a rogue, I got A rogue that needs to wear a helmet to bed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload