Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Most Annoying DDO Boss ever

I put Baktor in my #1 because of how much of a headache he is. Didn't know there was a workaround to his "bug". Didn't even know it was a bug and thought that it was his real design.

Who is the most annoying boss for you?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    I put Baktor in my #1 because of how much of a headache he is. Didn't know there was a workaround to his "bug". Didn't even know it was a bug and thought that it was his real design.

What is the workaround?

I can tell you that swearing at him repeatedly does not work, from our in-game tests.

(Yeah, we just keep laying on damage, sooner or later it dies, but, seriously broken please fix)

(and yeah I see the workaround now on that page, I hadn't actually read it)
    Last edited by eris2323; 09-12-2013 at 09:44 AM.

i hope the devs fix his teleport. its insane. no reason it should be that freaking much. normally i kite him around on a caster or ranged toon and sometimes he does stop. (not always)

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    What is the workaround?

I can tell you that swearing at him repeatedly does not work, from our in-game tests.

(Yeah, we just keep laying on damage, sooner or later it dies, but, seriously broken please fix)
    (pst, check his link)
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    (pst, check his link)
    Thought it was more of a 'secret' fix

Default Desaga

Desaga...From Enter the Kobald...and his efreet friend...easily one of the most annoying boss fights i go through.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

The most annoying?

First Life, at level, on elite - Has to be Hazadill and Co. from Hiding in Plain Site. Those three take annoying to new levels.

For general d1ck1shness - Roderic Nettle from The Snitch. I know he's not technically a "boss", but he is a complete a$$hat.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    What is the workaround?
    Not casting any spells on him period also seems to work.

For whatever reason, casting spells on him triggers his teleportation bug it seems. Or at least in the past that seemed to be the tigger.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Not casting any spells on him period also seems to work.

For whatever reason, casting spells on him triggers his teleportation bug it seems. Or at least in the past that seemed to be the tigger.
    Hmmmm interesting. I don't normally do this quest, but last life and the life before I did it a few times before TR, and did notice and hate the teleportation...

It's nice to know a few ways around it, and what causes it - not like I'm going to load up wiki in the middle of combat....

Community Member

Also my vote for annoying boss is that 'gun' thing, in that one house c quest.

I hated it so much I'll never even bother playing it again, so I don't recall the name, or the quest. Just that it was the stupidest thing I've ever encountered.

The guy from EE "Thrill of the Hunt"

Dumb encounter with a boss that just hits too hit to beat without cheesing and insta-red alert from the dogs.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

The pit fiend in the hole at the bottom of New Invasion I think it is. (I remember quest names wrong sometimes, and i'ts been a while since I did Amrath). But the one where you have to chase him around the circle of floors that turn into portals then explode and kill half your party. I know he can be soloed and coordinated, but it's annoying as all get out to me.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

The stormhorn tracker quest - a red named 'mini' boss called cudgel. Constant knock backs and a bazillion HP. I know, he's not the end boss, but as boss goes he makes my soul bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The guy from EE "Thrill of the Hunt"

Dumb encounter with a boss that just hits too hit to beat without cheesing and insta-red alert from the dogs.
    God awful lazy design. Just stops and swing his chain over and over. And those moaning dogs and those dumbarse quills.

Are we talking in-game or real life?
    Because I have an answer to the question... just not sure if it's the question being asked.

We've been asking them to fix teleporting bosses for a good couple of years now.

With the Expansion, they introduced even more annoying mechanics/bosses:

Through a Mirror Darkly and the new shadows. Although the shadows are not as annoying as teleporting-bosses, they are annoying as well.

You would think they would have fixed these bugs by now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Lolth, with her boring stationary self and one-trick pony beam spam that can curse you multiple times in a row.

I vot for Peacemaker. Even on ranged characters, it is a pain because he have a TON of HP. It would help if the puzzle at the bottom disabled him for more than 6 seconds, given the time it takes to solve it.

I put Baktor in my #1 because of how much of a headache he is.
    Blade Barrier hits him twice every time he teleports. If he locks into teleport mode, cast a BB, and let him kill himself.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

*Relocating*

Community Member

Thumbs up