I pre-purchased this expansion...
What I like about it:
- I actually like all of the quests none of them feel like they are copies of each other (that is important to me)
- I like the new explorer areas especially the Storm Horns explorer area. I also like that there is "respawn" of trash and interesting random encounters that don't all require Kill X to get a chest
- I like the story both the Heroic and Epic story that comes out about the whole conflict
- I like what they have done visually - Storm Horns especially is just very pleasing to look at
What I was disappointed with:
- No raid - making "What Goes Up" the culmination of the story. Personally I think they could have made this one into a Raid.
- Named Items - One of the points of Named Items is to make them better than random. The problem with this Expansion is that Random loot is as good if not better.
- Wheloon Prison Shadow effect - Two things; 1) Lasts too long 2) happens too often
I like the quests because they are different, fun and challenging (for now anyway). However, I'm still convinced that if Turbine would have been upfront at the time of the sale that we were not going to have a raid in this expansion I still would have purchased it.
As to why I think many people are not running these quests - Or there is not a high concentration of LFMs for this quest; I think that answer lies in the uncertainty of what TR and Epic TR will bring to the table when they finalize that part. Many people are trying to fit multiple lives in before this change happens to help shield themselves from the possibility of losing something they worked to gain.
It is really sad that U19 release is so overshadowed by the U20 possibility that it has put some people in a place where they don't feel they are having "Fun" anymore with the game.