Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    This offends me as I pre purchased the expansion, and I feel you are calling me dumb.
    Just realize something, I posted even earlier in the thread and did indeed pre-purchase as well, whatever you think I'm calling you, I'm calling myself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I find it unwarranted when the fanboi’s come here drinking the Kool-Aid saying that Turbine can do no wrong. Hopefully the trend continues and people do not post LFM’s and do not buy the future “expansions”. Maybe Turbine will then wake up and realize that we see thru their ways of nickel and diming us to death.
    Quests that give **** xp in hopes that we will buy xp pots? No deal
    Paying to teleport to a quests costing as? No deal
    Terrible loot, can get better random loot than the named items? No deal
    Taking a 10% penalty when someone dies? No deal, change this ASAP.

If they quit the schemes and started giving people what they wanted maybe you would see more LFM’s and people that are willing to pug.

Want my money; give me the opportunity to buy an extra feat. Give me the option to get another spell slot on my sorc and fs. Make quests that give decent xp without relying on tomes of xp and pots.

I could not give a damn if this game goes under at this point. Sooner or later Turbine (and maybe the fanboi’s) will realize that they alienated everyone to the point that they do not want to spend, but it will probably be too late.
    How do you get Turbine fanboi out of what I posted? I have had my disagreements with Turbine over many things, have gotten frustrated over a few bugs, but I don't let it get to me. I was worried about the enhancement pass until I tried it on Lam, I was nervous about the expansion until I tried it. I was disappointed (apparently, very much in the minority on this one, but it is what it is) with the FoT raid. I am not a fan of the arena style raids...I like the Chronoscope/Shroud/CitW style raids, but I don't raid much at all so it wasn't a huge issue for me. If more raids followed those styles, I might take up raiding more often.

That being said, I don't feel the need to buy xp pots...I have gotten enough from daily dice and buying the expansion that I don't feel I need them. And when those run out, I still find I have plenty of xp to go around.
    It's free to teleport in the Stormhorns, it only costs AS to teleport directly to the entrance. I see nothing wrong with this. It's apparently working, as I have seen LFMs fill for stormhorns with the description "Must have AS to tele directly to quest". I have no problems with the loot. It opens up new doors, and I don't feel the need to "plan" ahead at what loot I want. I also don't feel I need to max out every attribute of my toon in order to be viable. Yes, I will go after certain pieces of loot, but I won't farm stuff for weeks on end in order to get it. Taking a 10% penalty? 10% isn't enough to affect me. Even in a quest that is granting a ton of base xp, at most you're going to lose...what, 5k xp? I can (and have) get that from my weekly gold roll.

However, what you are saying is you want to pay money to have an extra feat, or extra spell slots....isn't that p2w? Paying to have an advantage that others cannot have at all unless they also pay? Paying to circumvent things you don't like is one thing and not p2w...paying to become more powerful when that is the ONLY way to become more powerful....that is p2w. As for the tomes and xp pots in that last part there, I have never felt the need to buy tomes or pots, as I have said. I have two toons with heroic tomes, one was with the expansion, and one was bought with points I already had simply because the rest of my group had tomes on the toons I would be running with. The rest of my toons have the Epic tomes, as that came with the expansion.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Turbine is only "nickel and dime us to death" if you let them. I guess I just don't understand why people get their knickers bunched up over this. If you don't want to use these items, then don't! How hard of a concept is that. You are not required to, nor is it really ever needed. Btw- I have had no issues capping characters since the level cap raise. It's not a big deal and I haven't used any pots.
    I am not complaining for myself. I am part of the crowd that will either solo or guild. I also do not need xp pots and am cappable of running to the quest without teleporters. As a whole, I think it is funny that people cannot find groups and that more and more people are staying in guild or channel. Dont blame me for people thta are unable to find groups or people that refuse to buy the expansion. This is Turbines doing and the kids drinking the Kool-Aid have no argument for it but "leave if you do not like it".
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

I'm on Orien and I see lfm's for the new chains everyday. Haven't run them yet myself because I'm impatiently waiting for my guildies to get
    around to it. I have run around the Stormhorns and Wheloon and have enjoyed them both, though the Stormhorns are definetly my favorite.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

I and my guild have been running these quests just because they are something different to enjoy.
    The loot isn't great, the xp isn't great.
    The option to do some new stuff you haven't done 4,000 times already is a breath of fresh air.

The Stormhorns explorer area is amazingly gorgeous IMO. The quests are about as fun as any other, nothing groundbreaking or stellar in these.

The biggest advantage to them, IMO, is in having new stuff to do on a TR in the 17-20 range. I'm as big a fan as anyone for the Vale of Twilight and Reaver's Refuge, but you can only run the same stuff so many times before you get bored with them.

As far as pugging goes, the LFM's are mostly dead from what I've witnessed on Thelanis. There has been a steady decline since the intial rush of MOTU. Pinning down the exact reason for it is an excersize in futility, IMO. I just run in channels, with guildies, or solo mostly.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    So far you seem to be the smartest person in this thread, you didn't fall for the pre-order and don't plan on buying it. Kudos.
    You seem to have horrible design taste and prefer simplistic games like Farmville or Candy Crush. Your hatred for the expansion is probably one of the most glowing recommendations for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    You seem to have horrible design taste and prefer simplistic games like Farmville or Candy Crush. Your hatred for the expansion is probably one of the most glowing recommendations for it.
    yup poor loot, poor xp, and a quest that makes some physically ill and makes them vomit. glowing recommendations there. I'm being serious there, wgu makes me motion sick with the effects and I've talked to a few others that had the same experience now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    However, what you are saying is you want to pay money to have an extra feat, or extra spell slots....isn't that p2w? Paying to have an advantage that others cannot have at all unless they also pay? Paying to circumvent things you don't like is one thing and not p2w...paying to become more powerful when that is the ONLY way to become more powerful....that is p2w. As for the tomes and xp pots in that last part there, I have never felt the need to buy tomes or pots, as I have said. I have two toons with heroic tomes, one was with the expansion, and one was bought with points I already had simply because the rest of my group had tomes on the toons I would be running with. The rest of my toons have the Epic tomes, as that came with the expansion.
    If less people are paying for “expansions” Turbine will have to make something to sell that people will have to buy to make up for the money they are not getting from the expansion. They can continue to add these cheesy gimmicks like reroll buttons that have no confirmation box and pi$$ people off, or they can do other things.

I would much rather them do something along the lines of what I asked for than them make the human race P2P even for VIP. I would rather have P2W than them turn barbarians into P2P (even for VIP).

People can call me crazy, but this is the road we are headed down. Maybe I am not drinking enough Kool-Aid, but I still think they will add enhancements that will only be available in the store. I am not saying that I am an avid supporter of P2W, but it is better than the cheesy arse gimmicks that they have going now.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    That's unwarranted. Charonous is actually a nice player by the standards of forum folk.
    Not buying it, and being smart, is in relation to Turbine and the bait and switch they've pulled with expansions - twice.

His post was quite constructive - if you don't own it, don't bother. There's nothing much there. Some fun quests, but that's it. They don't have much replay value, the loot is trash and the xp is bad.
    If they at least had solid replay value, it'd be a different story. As it stands, it's a joke of an expansion and a complete waste of money.

If it had two raids, it'd be worth it, simply for something to DO with the new expansion.
    It isn't unwarranted. Charonous has horrible design tastes, and instead of finding a game to fit his Korean MMO Grindfest wishes, he comes here and trolls. There are already a million MMO Grindfests. We don't need DDO to be another one. The "constructive" thing a mature adult would do is find a game that better matches their wishes, not continuously troll a game that doesn't. I don't go to the Zynga forums and complain that Farmville doesn't have enough exploration. Why? Because I'm not a ridiculous individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I know right? It's funny, looking at the who list last night in primetime there were about 300 people on between 25-28, no LFMs, and most of them had the location of them sitting on the airship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    As for having two raids, I'm glad it doesn't have any raids.
    There's nothing to do, maybe 50 people do EEs for fun, loot sucks ( except maybe 3 pieces ), people have their comms and raid loot, supposed raiding channel is dead ( like EH and heroic /fml ) and less people are on.

GH, u16 is passe, Citw / Fot too if you got loot you want. What are you gonna do ? Run new stuff and hit as many chests for random junk ?
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Thumbs up

Hey thnx for all the responses,dont see myself leaving my guild anytime soon,but it would be great to expand my community options otherwise though if anyones feeeling nice,and wants to hook me up with a good active channel on thelanis,PM me pls. i didnt know user channels were a big thing in ddo,thats all i ever used in other games. no ones ever mentioned it to me here though,secret societies? lol
    Last edited by gripshift22; 09-12-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    GH, u16 is passe, Citw / Fot too if you got loot you want. What are you gonna do ? Run new stuff and hit as many chests for random junk ?
    You missed the BYOH CiTW with mostly fighters and barbarians last night. That was a hell of a lot of fun.

Community Member

You missed the BYOH CiTW with mostly fighters and barbarians last night. That was a hell of a lot of fun.

Community Member

I know right? It's funny, looking at the who list last night in primetime there were about 300 people on between 25-28, no LFMs, and most of them had the location of them sitting on the airship.
    Couldn't commit to a Wheloon chain last night, but did throw up some other stuff. Filled no problem. Now you have to discount some of my experience because my toons are pretty much daily figures on the PUG scene for 2 years running, so a lot of PUGs have toons in them I've run with quite often and so there's very little of the "I don't know who that toon is, should I risk running with them?"

It's actually been so active for quest running, I have to make time during the non-peak hours to unload my inventory, clear shared bank space, and move gear/scrolls/stuff to my mules and alts who weren't part of the session.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    There's nothing to do, maybe 50 people do EEs for fun, loot sucks ( except maybe 3 pieces ), people have their comms and raid loot, supposed raiding channel is dead ( like EH and heroic /fml ) and less people are on.

This...

Everyone is either back to TRing or they quit til next update.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gripshift22 View Post
    Hey thnx for all the responses,dont see myself leaving my guild anytime soon,but it would be great to expand my community options otherwise though if anyones feeeling nice,and wants to hook me up with a good active channel on thelanis,PM me pls. i didnt know user channels were a big thing in ddo,thats all i ever used in other games. no ones ever mentioned it to me here though,secret societies? lol
    I've never used channels to organize anything. My guess is there's a much smaller segment who do regularly (though a higher percentage of forumites) than people think, so when those people drop off, it's noticeable to channel regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    I've never used channels to organize anything. My guess is there's a much smaller segment who do regularly (though a higher percentage of forumites) than people think, so when those people drop off, it's noticeable to channel regulars.
    Guild, then channel, then LFM. Never waiting for anybody.

Seems to work best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    If less people are paying for “expansions” Turbine will have to make something to sell that people will have to buy to make up for the money they are not getting from the expansion. They can continue to add these cheesy gimmicks like reroll buttons that have no confirmation box and pi$$ people off, or they can do other things.

I would much rather them do something along the lines of what I asked for than them make the human race P2P even for VIP. I would rather have P2W than them turn barbarians into P2P (even for VIP).

People can call me crazy, but this is the road we are headed down. Maybe I am not drinking enough Kool-Aid, but I still think they will add enhancements that will only be available in the store. I am not saying that I am an avid supporter of P2W, but it is better than the cheesy arse gimmicks that they have going now.
    You have a very negative outlook on life, don't you?

The enhancements will always be free. They will not charge for things like classes that where previously free. All races are available to VIP and will continue to be. Iconics are a specialty item, and tbh, I believe a few of the future incarnations will be free to VIP as well.

I love how many people claim "recent trends" and say that it shows that turbine is hardly giving VIPs any free content anymore, and that it shows that hte future is Turbine charging us VIPs for every quest....you do realize we only had to pay for two expansions, and everything else has been free.....right?
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    This...

Everyone is either back to TRing or they quit til next update.
    wow,is that what its coming too? what does it take with a grp of guildies to get through even the heftiest of expansions? a week? maybe a few days more if your gonna farm for gear? if thats the case that players are just breaking between these measly "expansions" for months,then coming back for a week to just break again til the next update,then DDO is surely doomed,it cant sustain like that. actually you would think with this ancient engine and how long they've been at it,their system of pumping out content would be far more efficient and optimized,and getting ideas into game would be getting faster and easier leading to more content,faster. but it seems the opposite,contents becoming more infrequent,less lengthy,and more broken and as they attempt to integrate more content. :/

Guild, then channel, then LFM. Never waiting for anybody.
    This, exactly.

Typically when I log on, I have a set amount of time to play. Sometimes it's 15 minutes, sometimes it's 2 hours.
    Not having to wait is practically mandatory in my book. I only get a small window of free time, and I prefer it be spent playing and enjoying, not ticking away waiting to play.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast