Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Question how come no one seems to be running wheloon or stormhorns chains?

hello,was just wondering why it seems like no one is running the new content either on heroic or epic? iv been trying since it went live to find or build groups for them but it never happens,seems most players either didnt buy it(incl. many of my guildies) or are just not interested in running it at this time. (at least on thelanis) anyone else noticing this or just bad luck for me? was the MoTu release like this as well? i was taking a break from the game around that time.
    Last edited by gripshift22; 09-12-2013 at 05:33 AM.

I know a lot of friends running it.

They normally just don't PUG it, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by gripshift22 View Post
    seems most players either didnt buy it(incl. many of my guildies) or are just not interested in running it at this time.
    I have been through the entire chain at least three times. On all three of those occasions the party was formed through guild and user channels. Not through the LFM system.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Unhappy

well that sucks for me then. like i stated most of my guildies dont have the pack,so i guess im just doomed to wait until everyone and their grandma has ran it into the ground in their own closed communities and all the fun and wonder of "new" is diminshed,and replaced by uber party leader guys spouting orders and spoilers to get the zerg done asap,before people start playing it in the larger community...

i guess im just doomed to wait until everyone and their grandma has ran it into the ground in their own closed communities and all the fun and wonder of "new" is diminshed
    Run it yourself? If you cannot handle Epic, just run it on Heroic. At the very least you'll have experienced the quests if not necessarily the challenge found in them later on.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Run it yourself? If you cannot handle Epic, just run it on Heroic. At the very least you'll have experienced the quests if not necessarily the challenge found in them later on.
    Idk. One of them (sewer one) was a challenge on heroic elite. Running around at 2am, not evening bothering to care, end fight..
    10 seconds later, game was lagging to an amazing degree... I'm just surprised it didn't crash.

Goddamn archers. Couldn't even MOVE with that lag going on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    i dont like soloing,i play mmos for the community,not to play alone. ill just wait,it might take a while but maybe one day ill find that perfect party,lol.

i dont like soloing,i play mmos for the community,not to play alone. ill just wait,it might take a while but maybe one day ill find that perfect party,lol.
    I play for the community as well. Which is why I sought out a decent guild with players who own all the content and access to user channels. If your guild is not fulfilling your needs, you may want to consider finding a different one.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 09-12-2013 at 05:58 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

iv been looking but havnt been able to find any sales numbers for the expansion,i cant help but get the feeling alot of people just didnt get it,(at least on my server),while just talking in other groups,it seems only 1 or 2 out of 6 actually bought it.

Because the loot was horrible and the quests while some were decent were not exceptional enough to hold interest with no loot worth farming.

Community Member

Our small guild have been running some of the quests. Presently working through them. We're on uk time so may be a problem for you.
    Anyway look for Alivef or Runikz and i'll gladly sneak, not run through the quests.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-characters
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I've only run 3 quests so far, would love to run more, and would like to farm Break in the Ice on EH (or EE) for the gloves if I could get some company -but unfortunately I'm on Khyber so no help to you

Greetz,
    Red Orm

iv been looking but havnt been able to find any sales numbers for the expansion,i cant help but get the feeling alot of people just didnt get it,(at least on my server),while just talking in other groups,it seems only 1 or 2 out of 6 actually bought it.
    This is probably true, and for my part I'd advise everyone to only buy it with free points once everything else is bought and I mean everything else, I'd probably buy restless isles over this expansion.

Community Member

hello,was just wondering why it seems like no one is running the new content either on heroic or epic?
    Tougher quests, some annoying mechanics with ambushes and instant alert level, and poor exp. As any chest can pretty much give the loot you might need, there's no point in running any single quest for loot, so exp becomes the big factor. Favor to some degree, but after you run it once, it's back to exp.

Run a new quest in 15 minutes and get 1-3 chests and what, 30k exp. Run VoN 3 in 10 minutes, get 5-10 chests and 80k exp. Sure, chest levels are higher in the new quests, but as it seems tome +4:s aren't dropping in 27 level chests anymore, there's not even that point.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Idk. One of them (sewer one) was a challenge on heroic elite. Running around at 2am, not evening bothering to care, end fight..
    10 seconds later, game was lagging to an amazing degree... I'm just surprised it didn't crash.

Goddamn archers. Couldn't even MOVE with that lag going on.
    The whole game has been somewhat laggy for me since the expansion, but Wheloon in particular is horrible, especially with that Shadowfell purple effect and Shadows seemingly teleporting around like crazy.

At least the Storm Horns are only average-laggy, unlike Wheloon's super-laggy.

anyone else noticing this or just bad luck for me? was the MoTu release like this as well? i was taking a break from the game around that time.
    On Orien Wheloon quests are farmed frequently (seeing 1 LFM at least) within the last days. Stormhorn LFMs are up as well.

But that all is subjective and related to my timezone time of day playing. There is no general answer for your imrpression. Possibilities are bad timezone up to people preferring known players. Even Titan raid is run every saturday on Orien (big shoutout toitem, for leading those events), but within the week you won't see any LFM up for that content .
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    ... but as it seems tome +4:s aren't dropping in 27 level chests anymore, there's not even that point.
    This.

If they are good or not is highly subjective. It depends on what people want from the game, and somewhat on whether they are among those subject to lag.

Personally i like them, but i dont care about loot or xp all that much, and am fortunate in almost never having any lag.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    The whole game has been somewhat laggy for me since the expansion, but Wheloon in particular is horrible, especially with that Shadowfell purple effect and Shadows seemingly teleporting around like crazy.

At least the Storm Horns are only average-laggy, unlike Wheloon's super-laggy.
    Yup i'd do anything to get rid of that shadowfell effect it's making me lag, btw we Eh streaked(no wiki just blind first time run for all of us) the new content for fun all went well until we got to what goes up....20 pots later each ....several deaths....4 man team....

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    On Orien Wheloon quests are farmed frequently (seeing 1 LFM at least) within the last days. Stormhorn LFMs are up as well.

But that all is subjective and related to my timezone time of day playing. There is no general answer for your imrpression. Possibilities are bad timezone up to people preferring known players. Even Titan raid is run every saturday on Orien (big shoutout toitem, for leading those events), but within the week you won't see any LFM up for that content .
    Titan is broken since Update 19 (Titan doesn't stay prone at all, just springs back up immediately after knockdown animation finishes.) Can still get it to hit if you are lucky and fire at the same moment the pillar breaks (since the firing animation and the knockdown animation seem to take the same amount of time). But I (Item) have given up on it until it is fixed. So no, Titan raid isn't being run regularly on Orien by me any more.

On topic: I own the pack but haven't run any of the quests yet since I just don't play much outside of leading Abbot on Sat 5pm Eastern and Tue 8pm, and HoX/VoD on Mon 8pm.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast