Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have the tp to buy it, but I wont, loot sucks, xp is everywhere now with new xp ransack, there is no raid in it, so I have no need to play this "expansion".

I run them 1-2 times per week as part of my cycle of epic quests. But I don't pug.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I have the tp to buy it, but I wont, loot sucks, xp is everywhere now with new xp ransack, there is no raid in it, so I have no need to play this "expansion".
    So far you seem to be the smartest person in this thread, you didn't fall for the pre-order and don't plan on buying it. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    So far you seem to be the smartest person in this thread, you didn't fall for the pre-order and don't plan on buying it. Kudos.
    I still remember what they did with cannith challenges, even though I didnt buy it, I saw what they did.

I think when sagas come back, you may find people have more interest in running them. As mentioned, the xp is average at best, the loot is mostly trash with a few gems and while the quests are mostly fun, that's not enough to keep people running them constantly all by itself. Play value can diminish over time on all but the most fun quests.

I'll also note my personal reason for not grouping up more often. My main uses the Legendary Dreadnaught destiny. That means I'm usually blitzing. With other people around that's not only harder to do as I'm not getting as many kills, but I can often get shut down if I don't get a few kills early. Even when I get blitz going, it sucks the fun away from the rest of the party and I don't want to be the cause of that. Is it somewhat selfish? Probably. I think I'll have more fun and party up more if/when blitz gets the nerf bat. Yes, I like grouping, but I also like playing my build they way it's built to play. For me, dreadnaught plays better solo or low man so I tend not to bother grouping unless it's EE.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Hes not the smartest, hes the one that thinks most like you on the issue.

From my point of view he would be among the studiest, but thats just because a great difference in playstyles.

Foolish mortal.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I'm not running new quests, but I'm not even running old ones.
    I log in daily, see that there is no Warpriest yet, collect my daily dice and log off.

Two reason:

1. Very little loot worth pursuing. Two-three decent named items, the end-reward items are static, random loot is better than the named.

2. The XP sucks. Many of us have multiple toons, I personally have 6 the need to get capped. The new Content's XP is only acceptable with the first time bonus, after that it's terrible.

I anticipate either people will start running this more once they get all their toons to 28 or they'll just TR again out of boredom. Or leave, that could happen to.

Welcome to Shadowfail.

Community Member

As said, New expansion does not offer anything power- or speedlvl- wise. While the quests are fun and I did enjoyed them, that is simply not enough to keep them alive from long term (I also enjoy Restless Isles quests and said pack is all but dead). Game fun wise, those quests are party different and I DO like that. thumb up here (ofc some of em are generic hack and slash, yeah). Story wise, not bad. But since the XP/minute ratio is not so good and basically all named items in there are garbage, there is no real reason to run them outside of: I really like them. And while I do, they simply not THAT good, sorry. Also, since there is no raid, that devaluates the pack itself, so not that much ppl bought it. Least but not last, since sagas are off, there is not even the motivation of: Whooo, I can get big shinies in there,

So... the only reason to run them is: I really enjoy them. While that is the best reason of all... they are simply not THAT good, to be done more that one or two times per life/char.

But I (Item) have given up on it until it is fixed. So no, Titan raid isn't being run regularly on Orien by me any more.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I did not know about Titan being totally broken.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by gripshift22 View Post
    hello,was just wondering why it seems like no one is running the new content either on heroic or epic? iv been trying since it went live to find or build groups for them but it never happens,seems most players either didnt buy it(incl. many of my guildies) or are just not interested in running it at this time. (at least on thelanis) anyone else noticing this or just bad luck for me? was the MoTu release like this as well? i was taking a break from the game around that time.
    I like the quests, but find the named loot wanting of something. Plus there's no real benefit from running the quests more then once. No upgrade path, no unlocking of anything, nothing that provide a long term benefit of running any of these.

Community Member

I have run into a lot of players that did not bother buying the expansion (myself included). I am not paying 5000 tp for 11 quests (and only 3 of the 4 iconic classes that should be in the complete edition of the expansion). I will probably pick it up when it goes on sale, but there is so little in the expansion that I can wait for that to happen no matter how many months or years it takes.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I have run into a lot of players that did not bother buying the expansion (myself included). I am not paying 5000 tp for 11 quests (and only 3 of the 4 iconic classes that should be in the complete edition of the expansion). I will probably pick it up when it goes on sale, but there is so little in the expansion that I can wait for that to happen no matter how many months or years it takes.
    This sums it up as far as I'm concerned.

Seen too much Buyer's Remorse and too much bait and switch to be able to justify the 2,495 Turbine Points for the cheapest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    This sums it up as far as I'm concerned.

Seen too much Buyer's Remorse and too much bait and switch to be able to justify the 2,495 Turbine Points for the cheapest version.
    The quests are really good though, yeah it's a little pricey so wait until it goes on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The quests are really good though, yeah it's a little pricey so wait until it goes on sale.
    Aside from auto-red alert with a side order of game crashing lag.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Cheers for that TT.

The kicker is that I'm Premium and literally own everything else that can be owned (Except Drow and FvS, not paying for something I can unlock if I ever decide to play on a different Server) and I love Explorer Areas, my characters are generally built around the endurance principle. They may not be the most powerful in the game, but they just keep going, which suits Explorer Areas to a tee.

But 2,495 TP? Not a Whelk's chance in a Supernova.

Community Member

I tried going to the Wheloon, the purple thing was too much for my PC I guess and it also made my head hurt (maybe cause of the lag). For Epic Storm Horns I need lvl23 and I'm 22, so I will try Storm Horns soon.

Also, to stay on topic....

I love the expansion so far. Does it have issues, yes, but then, I play quests to enjoy the game. I love wilderness areas, I LOVE the story that is going on here, new areas look great, and I love my owlbear, as useless as he may be.

My group runs on Thelanis, but we're currently leveling our toons up to epic levels to do the quests at epic, and we level at a snails pace (and two of our people's computers just crashed, one of which is my wife's, so it will probably be another week before we even get that taken care of...) so I don't know when we will be running them again, I would say in about a month lol.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shade_z View Post
    I tried going to the Wheloon, the purple thing was too much for my PC I guess and it also made my head hurt (maybe cause of the lag). For Epic Storm Horns I need lvl23 and I'm 22, so I will try Storm Horns soon.
    It's worse when you hit the end stormhorn quest - it goes into shadowfell at the end and I fell of the darn glacial twice (too close to the sphere to get a caster but the ground and everything else melts together when it goes purple).

I must say that it's among the worst effects in this game bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Every time I think you may have changed, you open your mouth and show how much of a ****** you are again....just because he agrees with you does not mean he is the "smartest person in the thread". We don't all play on EE and only play quests that give the uberest of uber loot and 15k xp per-minute...some of us play to actually play the game. And that's different from you, so you always label them stupid, or slow, or people who only like to play easy mode....you very much fall in the category of eltist gamers...the ones who are jerks to everyone and think they are the best, but really, you're just a sad little man with nothing to show for your life.....

I may get banned for a "personal attack" but I don't care, every thread someone posts like this, you have to make some snide comment about people who view things differently than you, and it's ridiculous. We get it, you think you're better than all of us...congratulations, you solo EE with ease, max out your destinies, have every epic elite item (even the ones that don't have epic elite versions, you're just that good). Now please, do the world a favor and shut your damn trap about it. You never offer anything useful or constructive, your just one negative thing after another in every thread you post in.
    That's unwarranted. Charonous is actually a nice player by the standards of forum folk.
    Not buying it, and being smart, is in relation to Turbine and the bait and switch they've pulled with expansions - twice.

His post was quite constructive - if you don't own it, don't bother. There's nothing much there. Some fun quests, but that's it. They don't have much replay value, the loot is trash and the xp is bad.
    If they at least had solid replay value, it'd be a different story. As it stands, it's a joke of an expansion and a complete waste of money.

If it had two raids, it'd be worth it, simply for something to DO with the new expansion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast