Community Member

Question Monk enchantments has been revamped?

Hello,

I am a returning player (about 5 months away from the game). I have a 9 lvl monk ninja spy with dual handing short swords. I logged in today for 1st time after 5 months and I noticed that my monk is not centered cause of the short swords. I asked about it around in general chat and some others players told me that the enchantments for monks have been revamped and a lesser reincarnation wood should be in my inventory (and it is). They also told me that I have a free lesser reincarnation that I can claim at house jorasco.

I have to study a new build before reincarnate, so my question is, where can I find more info about the revamp? Can someone post a link?

Community Member

Archangel_666 thank you for your answer!!!

Community Member

No problem.

Before you worry about your Free LR or the +20 LR I'd suggest playing around with the Enhancements. As a Dark Monk you may not need to LR, it's mainly Light Monks that were affected by it (Heal Skill was changed to give Positive and Negative Spell Power, and to the best of my knowledge the Dark Monk stuff isn't influenced by Negative Spell Power).

You're not locked to a single Enhancement Tree, so you may want to spend some points in other Trees, just spend them but don't hit accept. That way you can try out different ideas without costs of resets spiraling. If you used Healing Amp you're probably going to have to spend points in Shintao, because that's where they moved it (It's in the Core Enhancements at the bottom).
    Last edited by Archangel_666; 09-11-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Community Member

OK! thank you again!

Yes, there's been some major changes to the enhancements for all classes. The 'role' of some of the monk stuff has changed, as well:

Ninja Spy
    - Really focused on slashing/piercing weapons, now, with improved stats on them if you use them (this could mean a return of kamas).
    - Has increased damage with shurikens.
    - Has DoT effects on-hit for attacks with slashing/piercing weapons.
    - Has a wonderful ability called Shadow Veil, which gives a stacking blur effect and invisibility, with a very short cooldown. Must-have for all monks, in my opinion.

Shintao
    - Turned into a basic support monk to an off-tank/front-line healer, and is the only monk tree with healing amplification enhancements.
    - Has enhancements that make Mountain Stance a strong defensive stance; greatly increasing PRR and HP.
    - Still has their trademarked 'defense vs tainted creatures' enhancements, jade tomb, and their wonderful ranged stun.
    - Is more of an unarmed monk build; other monks can be unarmed, but only Shintao can raise the unarmed die step from 1d6 to 1d8.

Henshin Mystic
    - Quarterstaff monk with focus on meditation use, ki generation, and fire/force abilities.
    - Has unique ki attacks, such as cauldron of flame and incinerating wave, and a supportive aoe buff that can vastly increase the damage, attack, and spellpower of allies within it the longer it is channeled.
    - Focused on quarterstaves, with increased critical threat range at higher tiers, and treats all quarterstaves as a spellcasting implement for spellpower to increase ki attacks.
    - Has the old monk capstone, and has several abilities that increase passive ki regeneration, concentration, and spellpower.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

A fun thing as well, is that light/dark monk isn't so important now unless you really want touch of death or the healing ki/rise of the phoenix stuff - i have a pure monk ninja who uses shortswords for example, but is actually light side - very handy
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.