The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Best PDK "Battlemage" Bard vs. Sorc

OK so when we can TR into Iconics I would like to Reincarnate my Battle Wiz into either a Sorc or Bard...I'd like to fit in evasion and if possible trap skills but its main focus its a mix of melee and magical damage with any toughness possible

Now obviously both builds need 1 Fighter (PDK) lvl each and either 2 Monk or Rogue for evasion

So far for Bard I'm looking at Bard16/PDK2/Rogue2 since Bard can't multi to Monk its fairly straight forward and luckily bards have decent default skill points so can fit trap skills quite easily.

Now the Sorc is also a little more difficult I could go Sorc16/PDK2/Rogue2 but I don't know if that can get a high enough reflex save so maybe simply a Sorc18/PDK1/Rogue1 just for the trap skills alternatively I could forget trap skills/evasion entirely and go Sorc16/PDK2/Pally2 for the bonus saves.

If it weren't for the fact that Bard spells are more limited I'd go Bard hands down especially with the bard songs along.

Another thing I'm not sure about is what weapon to go for I have a choice between Short swords, Long Swords or Bastard Swords (I already have a Bladesworn Greatsword user) so I'm thinking 1-handed weapon and either a shield (good synergy with PDK ability shield deflection) or wizard orb in the off-hand so I won't waste feats on TWF or THF line.

The idea of this build is to mainline Charisma with constitution as a secondary. (Con 16/Cha 18 with Str, Dex and Int based on feat and skill requirements)

Of course this will be a 34pt build as its a TR

Feats for all builds are similar to Tukaw a mix of Metas and Melee feats and if I can fit it Force of Personality. Obviously amount of feats can vary a little bit based on how many PDK and/or Monk levels I take

Sidenote: This character will likely be duoing with a Cleric/Monk or Druid/Monk
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-11-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

no one?
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    OK so when we can TR into Iconics I would like to Reincarnate my Battle Wiz into either a Sorc or Bard...I'd like to fit in evasion and if possible trap skills but its main focus its a mix of melee and magical damage with any toughness possible

Now obviously both builds need 1 Fighter (PDK) lvl each and either 2 Monk or Rogue for evasion

So far for Bard I'm looking at Bard16/PDK2/Rogue2 since Bard can't multi to Monk its fairly straight forward and luckily bards have decent default skill points so can fit trap skills quite easily.

Now the Sorc is also a little more difficult I could go Sorc16/PDK2/Rogue2 but I don't know if that can get a high enough reflex save so maybe simply a Sorc18/PDK1/Rogue1 just for the trap skills alternatively I could forget trap skills/evasion entirely and go Sorc16/PDK2/Pally2 for the bonus saves.

If it weren't for the fact that Bard spells are more limited I'd go Bard hands down especially with the bard songs along.

Another thing I'm not sure about is what weapon to go for I have a choice between Short swords, Long Swords or Bastard Swords (I already have a Bladesworn Greatsword user) so I'm thinking 1-handed weapon and either a shield (good synergy with PDK ability shield deflection) or wizard orb in the off-hand so I won't waste feats on TWF or THF line.

The idea of this build is to mainline Charisma with constitution as a secondary. (Con 16/Cha 18 with Str, Dex and Int based on feat and skill requirements)

Of course this will be a 34pt build as its a TR

Feats for all builds are similar to Tukaw a mix of Metas and Melee feats and if I can fit it Force of Personality. Obviously amount of feats can vary a little bit based on how many PDK and/or Monk levels I take

Sidenote: This character will likely be duoing with a Cleric/Monk or Druid/Monk
    If you know you are going to duo with a monk, who will most likely do some tanking, I would go the pure sorc route for max damage or if you want to do the trap route you could go rogue/wizard instead. Even better I would do a 1 fight/2 rogue/17 arty. Stand back with max INT and plunk away with your spells and repeater. You will be able to handle traps to a certain point you clonk partner can help you heal yourself in a pinch. Other options include going 17 FvS evoker, (however your trap skills will lag) but you could play the healer and nuker role. While Bard is nice, there are better options out there for a spell caster.

I already have a Arty ans a Sorc...also I'm TRing from a Battlewiz and I want to do another battle mage...except different.