Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Drakyes_01 View Post
    hello, really like the idea of this build and want to tr my 3x fvs melee that was based from the healer/buffer/melee build from melkor (might have misspell name), to this build but want to be BF meaning taking paladin at lvl 1. Will that really affect this build or might as well tr into human. any help would be appreciated. Want to tr in a few day while I max some epic destinies.
    Sorry for late response, but yes you could go BF with paladin at level 1. The biggest difference is having to juggle feats since you can't take a meta feat as a level one paladin. Since this build has a few martial feats it's easier to shuffle what you need around.

Couple points regarding your posted build.

- I would invest in UMD. Teleport scrolls for convience, Fire Shield/Displace scrolls for survivability are very nice to have on hand. Could shave points off Jump, Bluff to make that happen.

- I would take quicken and maximize sooner, IMO. Even as a dump wis build leveling thru heroics is very fast with even a maximized BB and when in combat and self healing I wouldn't ever turn quicken off.

- Lastly I'm not really sold on the value of Blinding Speed as a feat. With gear out there and/or haste clickies I would recommend almost any other feat.

Otherwise looks good, have fun!
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Sorry for late response, but yes you could go BF with paladin at level 1. The biggest difference is having to juggle feats since you can't take a meta feat as a level one paladin. Since this build has a few martial feats it's easier to shuffle what you need around.

Couple points regarding your posted build.

- I would invest in UMD. Teleport scrolls for convience, Fire Shield/Displace scrolls for survivability are very nice to have on hand. Could shave points off Jump, Bluff to make that happen.

- I would take quicken and maximize sooner, IMO. Even as a dump wis build leveling thru heroics is very fast with even a maximized BB and when in combat and self healing I wouldn't ever turn quicken off.

- Lastly I'm not really sold on the value of Blinding Speed as a feat. With gear out there and/or haste clickies I would recommend almost any other feat.

Otherwise looks good, have fun!
    Don'y worry about the late response, and thx, will take ur advice about umd and consider about meta feats. I think I change blinding speed to something to perfect twf for double strike. I guess the enchancement are okay at least. I am still leveling some destinies (had midterm exams so took some time off). Thank for the advice and hope to play this build very soon

Braegan thanks so much for sharing this build with us. I had a TON of fun with it on my path to completionist.

The night before an update is a terrible time to ask, but has anything been changed to seriously hamper this build? I'm still fuming over MotU and my beloved Lord of the Blade build. Finishing up my last ED tonight and hopefully TRing this weekend.

Thanks again for posting such a fun build.
    Dervissh ~ Derrvold ~ Dervealer ~ Dervace ~ Dervedic ~ Dervard

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Billybobml View Post
    Braegan thanks so much for sharing this build with us. I had a TON of fun with it on my path to completionist.

The night before an update is a terrible time to ask, but has anything been changed to seriously hamper this build? I'm still fuming over MotU and my beloved Lord of the Blade build. Finishing up my last ED tonight and hopefully TRing this weekend.

Thanks again for posting such a fun build.
    Glad you had fun! To my knowledge nothing has really changed that affects the builds previous performance. Currently False got the last of sorc lives done and is a DC caster type evoker FvS. It's fun, but currently trying to work out a hybrid type to mix some melee and dcs again. Once I get anything a bit more concrete I'll post what I am planning.

/cheers
    Git off mah lawn!

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I've been playing with this build, as I got that stupid sword of shadows to drop for me finally, on my sorcerer. So I was looking for a build to do smoething with it, and I thought trying a favored soul outside of my normal heal bot mode might be a fun, and it's been a LOT of fun, and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing, I've been having a blast even doing it without the completionist feat on Turtel.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Had 3 year old capped evoker that was going nowhere so I've tr'd and etr'd into this build.

Hit level 7 in 2 days and so far so good, with a carniflex she is doing massive damage, seen crits nudging 300 - took great cleave at 6 rather than toughness though. Is toughness that neccessary these days? I appreciate it opens up epic toughness but I'm using this as a tr build rather than going to far into epics so am wondering whether 20 hit points is worth the feat?
    Subsequently wondering what to replace it with, either 2hf or maybe empower?
    Her gear setup for heroics is pretty good. Sp is over 1000 already (ioun stone) and hp currently 194. Has a litII greatsword and an SOS waiting, plus minIi hp and con-Op. Going to probably use a lot of the wheloon lvl 15 stuff -the con 8 guantlets look nice, and have leviks bracers for some early heal amp, so am really feeling toughness is not needed.
    Last edited by relenttless; 08-03-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Glad you had fun! To my knowledge nothing has really changed that affects the builds previous performance. Currently False got the last of sorc lives done and is a DC caster type evoker FvS. It's fun, but currently trying to work out a hybrid type to mix some melee and dcs again. Once I get anything a bit more concrete I'll post what I am planning.

/cheers
    Wow - False you're still with us?

Was beginning to think you'd quit the game!

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    Had 3 year old capped evoker that was going nowhere so I've tr'd and etr'd into this build.

Hit level 7 in 2 days and so far so good, with a carniflex she is doing massive damage, seen crits nudging 300 - took great cleave at 6 rather than toughness though. Is toughness that neccessary these days? I appreciate it opens up epic toughness but I'm using this as a tr build rather than going to far into epics so am wondering whether 20 hit points is worth the feat?
    Subsequently wondering what to replace it with, either 2hf or maybe empower?
    Her gear setup for heroics is pretty good. Sp is over 1000 already (ioun stone) and hp currently 194. Has a litII greatsword and an SOS waiting, plus minIi hp and con-Op. Going to probably use a lot of the wheloon lvl 15 stuff -the con 8 guantlets look nice, and have leviks bracers for some early heal amp, so am really feeling toughness is not needed.
    Toughness can be skipped, especially since you are said you are mainly using this as a TR build. Empower is a nice choice for bigger DP and THF will be a better option after the upcoming changes to Melee Power are introduced. I am trying to stay current on the proposed changes. As it stands now with the requirements being lifted for OC I was thinking of dropping Cleave/Great Cleave for the TH line. Of course since things are still in development stage I haven't planned anything concrete.
    Git off mah lawn!

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Wow - False you're still with us?

Was beginning to think you'd quit the game!
    Nah, not really quit. Just taking a break. Been about 6 months since I've played like I was, and a little over a month without logging on once. I'll probably come back in another month or so.
    Git off mah lawn!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456