Default +3 Upgrade Tome of Skill (Diplomacy)

U19 Launched on a Monday and I spent the day redoing a few characters enhancements. On Tuesday I started questing in the new content. By my third quest, I had looted a +3 Upgrade Skill Tome (Diplomacy +2 -> +3). Cool! The new tomes are dropping in quests after all. Awww, what the hey, I'll go to the store and get the +2 base tome, they're on sale after all.

On Thursday, I rolled a new Shadar-kai. Within the hour she too pulled a +3 Upgrade Tome of Skill (Diplomacy).

On Saturday, I pulled another Upgrade Skill Tome! ... and yup, It was Diplomacy.

The Girlfriend pulled one on Friday night.

Now, on my beloved "main", "Completionist-to-be", TR-Junkie character, I've decided that I wanted to get a Quiver of Alacrity before TRing again. Thankfully on Orien there's a channel that runs Titan and Abbot regularly that's newb friendly as I'd never run an abbot before. Since I'm currently holding up the TR group by insisting on raiding, I've been trying to expedite getting to 20 completions. Around Run 14, other guys that I've been running with started getting their 20ths, or multiples there of... Of the 3 guys that mentioned their 20th lists. 2 had Upgrade Tomes of Skill, not real tomes. Yes. These Upgrade Tomes were Diplomacy.

I finally got my 20th last night, after purchasing 12 raid bypasses....
    6 Items that I've picked up along the way... and an Upgrade Tome of Skill

...Diplomacy.

While this may be pure anecdotal, this is way far beyond statistical anomaly. We're approching WiFlagged territory here. Finding 4 of the same tome in 2 weeks is very suspicious. Not any of the other 22 skill tomes. Always Diplomacy.

1) I don't know if these skill tomes can even be crunched for purified ebbies like other useless tomes, but where are all the other tomes.
    2) I paid for 12 bypass timers to get a bugged list. Not happy.
    3) Why are these showing up on 20th raid loot lists? They're common to begin with and just replacing the raid loot that people are chasing.

I tried opening a ticket and in-game support just closed it immediately with "Not a known issue. Submit a bug report" boilerplate.
    Do I have any recourse? I haven't taken that 20th reward yet. Nor do I think I'm going to.

Is this just a learning experience on why I should never buy another raid bypass timer?

Anyone else seeing the same?
    Last edited by Systern; 09-11-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Upgrade tomes of Jump for me.

Skill upgrade tomes are such a royal pain. Who can remember which character ate a 1, 2 or 3 already?

It isn't worth it to move it around to a handful to check. And heck, it's an upgrade - so it isn't like you can use it on someone new.

Can we at least swap them for purified dragonshards or something? Or just plat?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Upgrade tomes of Jump for me.

Skill upgrade tomes are such a royal pain. Who can remember which character ate a 1, 2 or 3 already?

It isn't worth it to move it around to a handful to check. And heck, it's an upgrade - so it isn't like you can use it on someone new.

Can we at least swap them for purified dragonshards or something? Or just plat?
    For what it's worth, If you go to your character sheet, Skills tab, and hover over the "Total Mod" value for a skill, it'll show you your break down of boosts, including the Inherent tome increases.

Last edited by Systern; 09-11-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    U19 Launched on a Monday and I spent the day redoing a few characters enhancements. On Tuesday I started questing in the new content. By my third quest, I had looted a +3 Upgrade Skill Tome (Diplomacy +2 -> +3). Cool! The new tomes are dropping in quests after all. Awww, what the hey, I'll go to the store and get the +2 base tome, they're on sale after all.

On Thursday, I rolled a new Shadar-kai. Within the hour she too pulled a +3 Upgrade Tome of Skill (Diplomacy).

On Saturday, I pulled another Upgrade Skill Tome! ... and yup, It was Diplomacy.

The Girlfriend pulled one on Friday night.

Now, on my beloved "main", "Completionist-to-be", TR-Junkie character, I've decided that I wanted to get a Quiver of Alacrity before TRing again. Thankfully on Orien there's a channel that runs Titan and Abbot regularly that's newb friendly as I'd never run an abbot before. Since I'm currently holding up the TR group by insisting on raiding, I've been trying to expedite getting to 20 completions. Around Run 14, other guys that I've been running with started getting their 20ths, or multiples there of... Of the 3 guys that mentioned their 20th lists. 2 had Upgrade Tomes of Skill, not real tomes. Yes. These Upgrade Tomes were Diplomacy.

I finally got my 20th last night, after purchasing 12 raid bypasses....
    6 Items that I've picked up along the way... and an Upgrade Tome of Skill

...Diplomacy.

While this may be pure anecdotal, this is way far beyond statistical anomaly. We're approching WiFlagged territory here. Finding 4 of the same tome in 2 weeks is very suspicious. Not any of the other 22 skill tomes. Always Diplomacy.

1) I don't know if these skill tomes can even be crunched for purified ebbies like other useless tomes, but where are all the other tomes.
    2) I paid for 12 bypass timers to get a bugged list. Not happy.
    3) Why are these showing up on 20th raid loot lists? They're common to begin with and just replacing the raid loot that people are chasing.

I tried opening a ticket and in-game support just closed it immediately with "Not a known issue. Submit a bug report" boilerplate.
    Do I have any recourse? I haven't taken that 20th reward yet. Nor do I think I'm going to.

Is this just a learning experience on why I should never buy another raid bypass timer?

Anyone else seeing the same?
    I've pulled other tomes.

The universe is telling you to find a diplomatic solution - aggression is not the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    For what it's worth, If you go to your character sheet, Skills tab, and hover over the "Total Mod" value for a skill, it'll show you your break down of boosts, including the Inherent tome increases.
    Yeah but still doesn't solve the "what did I eat on that other character".

Sure, maybe I know the guy who pulled it can't use it. I toss it in the shared bank and then roulette through other characters to check them.

Unlike base tomes, skills add too many things to really keep track of in your general head-space.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    I've pulled other tomes.

The universe is telling you to find a diplomatic solution - aggression is not the solution.
    Any since U19? Have they differed?