Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does nobody care about the midgame anymore? How about the slightly past midgame but not quite pre endgame endgame?

Why aren't there threads about this part of the game? Im concerned that this sector of the game is dying.

Community Member

I could'nt care less if they never made another raid. Maybe less threads and more public lfm raids is the way to go.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Does nobody care about the midgame anymore? How about the slightly past midgame but not quite pre endgame endgame?

Why aren't there threads about this part of the game? Im concerned that this sector of the game is dying.
    ^THIS. We NEEEEEED new low- and mid-level content. Running the same stuff year after year gets REALLY old.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDM View Post
    I could'nt care less if they never made another raid. Maybe less threads and more public lfm raids is the way to go.
    There's nothing worth getting from most other than citw weapons and comms from fot. The only other reason to run them is nostalgia and that only gets so many runs, even private runs aren't happening because there is no point to it, and so I've been watching players I know bleed away from the game at a rapid pace over the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    ^THIS. We NEEEEEED new low- and mid-level content. Running the same stuff year after year gets REALLY old.
    Leveling content doesn't keep people in the game though. Though if they added low/mid level content with epic options and raids that would work for everyone I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Leveling content doesn't keep people in the game though. Though if they added low/mid level content with epic options and raids that would work for everyone I would think.
    I do feel my money was better spent on those packs which let you double-dip back when that was the standard they were going for.

Perhaps something as simple as adding 2 levels instead of 1 per difficulty for epic tiered quests, so that instead of a 21-23 range, it'd be 21-25, for instance?
    Last edited by Scraap; 09-10-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    I do feel my money was better spent on those packs which let you double-dip back when that was the standard they were going for.

Perhaps something as simple as adding 2 levels instead of 1 per difficulty for epic tiered quests, so that instead of a 21-23 range, it'd be 21-25, for instance?
    I was referring to a previous poster that wanted more heroic quests, so was thinking of house p/house d/lod model of epics, no idea what you're proposing to be honest.

I was referring to a previous poster that wanted more heroic quests, so was thinking of house p/house d/lod model of epics, no idea what you're proposing to be honest.
    Stretching the epic range on quests with minimal alteration so that they maintain relevance longer. Same general concept, though a bit more focused on the top-end so they don't have to worry about tooling quests for with and without ED abilities (present bugs aside).

I'd definitely love to see more heroic/levelcap splits of course (with less raw rote repetition), but the other strikes me as a quick bandaid, at least.

Neither does running the same leveling quests over and over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum each time a player creates a new alt, or TRs.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

We need more "We need more '...' threads" threads.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by kmankowski View Post
    Nice censorship there. But no plans to see that one. Pitch Black was a nice movie back in the day, never saw or had the desire to Chronicles.
    Chronicles was a great movie, especially the part when they were racing the rising sun across that planet
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Neither does running the same leveling quests over and over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum each time a player creates a new alt, or TRs.
    That's the same in everygame, ddo has however tried to introduce tr as endgame as well as a real endgame, and it means they're failing at both. When it comes to tr's though I don't know a single person that does anything other than a speed tr which is why the farming change hurts and makes more of them think of leaving now since they can't farm and there are no raids.

When it comes to tr's though I don't know a single person that does anything other than a speed tr which is why the farming change hurts and makes more of them think of leaving now since they can't farm and there are no raids.
    Bah, that's just not true. I've done 8 TRs this year and all of them ended with over 3000 favor hitting nearly every quest in the game.

Not everyone grinds levels like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kmankowski View Post
    Anyone seen 'The World's End'? Very solid movie.
    Excellent p@rn - oooooooooh that movie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12