Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by shibe View Post
    Was that from the original event? All of my festival icy burst items are just like they were before the update. My first time collecting purple coins was this past winter.
    Yep, was bursted during the first event on cannith.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Default I for one cannot wait for another Risia event

got a few more TR goodies waiting to be icy bursted

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    The following axe was, before U19, a ML10 maybe ML 12 item. It definitely had the "Festival" descriptor, now it does not.

Still going with I'm not wrong till a Dev tells me that is not WAI. Even then, till it's fixed I won't believe future Ice Games items won't be likewise effected.
    Since all of my Ice Games items have had this issue, removal of Festival and raised ML, I know it's not just one bugged item.
    that's really strange that the weapon you are displaying is being called icy burst if it was added from an icy burst kit, all my icy burst weps didn't change ml because of the icy burst hell they even still say festival (as shown below) although a lot of weps did change ml because of the new random gen system i know i have at least 1 item that gained 6 ml's. there is a dev post someone listing how the changes to the risia weapons are supposed to work but i just looked and cant seem to be able to find it just remember reading it when i saw it in the dev tracker a bit back. anywho the image below was just taken on the toon i am playing at this very moment and the weapon hasn't changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"
    http://soundboards.cubicleninja.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    got a few more TR goodies waiting to be icy bursted
    Ditto.

My min level 6(BTCoE) Icy Busrt/Flaming Burst Great Axe of Lacerating is still min level 6, and has served my current TR project quite well through several lifetimes.

My next TR project is going to be a wrap user through all (except maybe the casters) lives, and I have a min level 6 (BTCoE) Shocking Burst of Lacerating wraps just waiting get the Icy added.

Personally, if I had to choose between Mabar and The Games, I'll take the games tyvm
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Ditto.

My min level 6(BTCoE) Icy Busrt/Flaming Burst Great Axe of Lacerating is still min level 6, and has served my current TR project quite well through several lifetimes.

My next TR project is going to be a wrap user through all (except maybe the casters) lives, and I have a min level 6 (BTCoE) Shocking Burst of Lacerating wraps just waiting get the Icy added.

Personally, if I had to choose between Mabar and The Games, I'll take the games tyvm
    Oh yeah a totally agree... with the right combo of random gen mutations on some melee twink gear you can basicly make any critical hit equivalent to a instakill on most trash mobs and that's good enough for me.

Every life I am on the hunt for potential Festival weapons.

I have a Min lvl 6 Acid Burst of Lacerating Kopesh waiting for the festival. And although a lot of TWF swear by the Kopesh I don't use them at all its likely going on the AH. I'm a fan of Heavy picks optimal probably not but, I like to add a little flavor to my build.

i just want it back one day so i can try to overwrite the 1st icy kit. my ml16 bow (i was fine with it being 16) got turned to ml 20 just because some intern had to write a script to change ml... thanks

Bloomington, IL (wish it were Pittsburgh)

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Ditto.

I would almost never argue with Mem, but I just checked, I have over 100 festival frost and festival icy burst items and none of them have changed their ML. I made them all in the last 3 ice games, on Cannith server...

I really hope it comes back!!! (please kind devs, throw a bone this way...)

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default It must return to keep more clients wanting to play the game. To the Devs:

Let's face it, we like the winter months in real life to influence this game. Risia is nice and we know it!

The game has to have it, but it must think of something completely different and get something new and fresh to make us happy. With the new weapon changes this event must change with it.

Risia is soothing to our subconscious when that time of year happens. We need it, we like it. This game must adapt and meet our needs, but also I think a sit down is needed (DEV meeting) to figure out what has happened in the last year to meld this event softly and correctly it so it works with DDO. This event must live on for the well being of us, the clients, we simply like it.

I like to see snow in November. By the middle February I like to see green grass.

Last year the snow went on too long! We were all complaining that it lasted too long.

A happy medium should happen. I Hope you work well with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjknehr View Post
    ....with the changes in the Harbor and the elimination of 'Burst' i wasnt thinking they would ever be back, .... but i hope i'm wrong...

Anyone heard any word if the games will return?
    I hope so, they are a lot of fun.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Thumbs up Bring Mabar instead

I'd much rather see mabar return than Risia, with L28 updated items. Mabar gear has always been awesome, particularly the Invisibility Guard on the Cloak of Night!

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    I'd much rather see mabar return than Risia, with L28 updated items. Mabar gear has always been awesome, particularly the Invisibility Guard on the Cloak of Night!
    Mabar is next, of course, but Risia follows not long after. Haven't you noticed the Mabar training happening around Stormreach? Pallies, Clerics, and Favored Souls have been cleansing the town of undead in preparation of Mabar.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Bloomington, IL (wish it were Pittsburgh)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Mabar is next, of course, but Risia follows not long after. Haven't you noticed the Mabar training happening around Stormreach? Pallies, Clerics, and Favored Souls have been cleansing the town of undead in preparation of Mabar.
    Yeah, i was expecting Mabar next, but there were a couple times when they did Risia in the summer, like July-August... (in the northern hemisphere) so for southern hemisphere folks it was winter. gave us northeners a 'christmas in july'..

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

I hope it comes back I have well over 300 recipe 5's and ten's of thousands of motes!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12