Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bloomington, IL (wish it were Pittsburgh)

Default Will the Risan Ice Games ever return?

....with the changes in the Harbor and the elimination of 'Burst' i wasnt thinking they would ever be back, .... but i hope i'm wrong...

Anyone heard any word if the games will return?

Dear Lolth I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Dear Lolth I hope not.
    ^^^YeS^^^

We need a new event with new UPDATED equip..... yeah thats the ticket.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Now that the Festival Frost impacts item MLs... I hope to never see the Games again.

I love the snow effect, however, and I think it's one of the loveliest things this game has ever done environmentally. The look and the feel is pretty damn near perfect. I've never grown tired of the wintery look of the Harbor, particularly at night when the lights come on. It's simply one of the things that has stuck with me over the years as something I just love about this game. That I'd miss, and I'd hope that even if the Games are dead and done, that they'd at least winterize the Harbor during the real-life winter months. As for the Games themselves, I haven't done the jumps in years now - and I think their time has passed.

But yeah, I'd miss the snow.

Community Member

Default False

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Now that the Festival Frost impacts item MLs...
    Wrong!
    Festival Frost does not effect item ML. Only those items from the first Risa event which did not use the term 'festival' in the item effect got their ML's increased.

Bloomington, IL (wish it were Pittsburgh)

Now that the Festival Frost impacts item MLs... I hope to never see the Games again.

I love the snow effect, however, and I think it's one of the loveliest things this game has ever done environmentally. The look and the feel is pretty damn near perfect. I've never grown tired of the wintery look of the Harbor, particularly at night when the lights come on. It's simply one of the things that has stuck with me over the years as something I just love about this game. That I'd miss, and I'd hope that even if the Games are dead and done, that they'd at least winterize the Harbor during the real-life winter months. As for the Games themselves, I haven't done the jumps in years now - and I think their time has passed.

But yeah, I'd miss the snow.

Wait, i thought that only the original ice game effects had changed the ML? since the later ones didnt change isnt that a good reason to open it again so folks can recureat lowbie weapons?

and i agree about the snow... really really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by NostraVar View Post
    Wrong!
    Festival Frost does not effect item ML. Only those items from the first Risa event which did not use the term 'festival' in the item effect got their ML's increased.
    Allegedly that's how it's supposed to work. Forgive me if I don't trust that to remain true.

Wrong!
    Might want to examine your armory... every single weapon that I had with Festival Frost on it had the "Festival" part removed, and the ML bumped accordingly.
    A new bug - I dunno. Working as intended - who can say. But, I had a lot of Festival items and now I have none. Since the change happened with the other changes to the loot tables, I've thought it was deliberate. If that's wrong - cool. But I'm going with the belief I'm not wrong.
    Last edited by Memnir; 09-10-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Might want to examine your armory... every single weapon that I had with Festival Frost on it had the "Festival" part removed, and the ML bumped accordingly.
    I can not speak to the earlier festivals but all the icy burst gear I made during the very last festival hasn't seen an ML change at all. I have no faith that that will not change in a future update. I will not waste my time on any future Risia festivals for that reason. I will enjoy what I have now until it changes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

A new bug - I dunno. Working as intended - who can say. But, I had a lot of Festival items and now I have none. Since the change happened with the other changes to the loot tables, I've thought it was deliberate. If that's wrong - cool. But I'm going with the belief I'm not wrong.
    Just checked an old +5 holy burst falchion of pg. was min lvl 14. now its 20. Mem knows wasssssup!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

The following axe was, before U19, a ML10 maybe ML 12 item. It definitely had the "Festival" descriptor, now it does not.

Still going with I'm not wrong till a Dev tells me that is not WAI. Even then, till it's fixed I won't believe future Ice Games items won't be likewise effected.
    Since all of my Ice Games items have had this issue, removal of Festival and raised ML, I know it's not just one bugged item.
    Last edited by Memnir; 09-10-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Community Member

Just checked several of my Risia'ed weapons.. none has had its ML increased.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mjknehr View Post
    ....with the changes in the Harbor and the elimination of 'Burst' i wasnt thinking they would ever be back, .... but i hope i'm wrong...

Anyone heard any word if the games will return?
    Sheesh.
    The Cove event just ended.
    Let us have a breather wouldja?

Community Member

Just checked my armory as per yer suggestion, the ones I looked at are the same as before, If I can figger out how to link images I will do so.
    An example tho:
    +1 shocking burst greataxe of pure good with a small guild slot and Festival Frost'. ML 6 as before.
    +2 bodyfeeder scimitar of pure good with festival icy burst. ML 10 as before, but now it is also a paragon weapon.
    +1 mettaline dwarven axe of pure good with festival frost. ML 8 as before.
    +1 acid greataxe with festival frost RR human, half-elf. 0 ML as before.

Community Member

Just checked my armory as per yer suggestion, the ones I looked at are the same as before, If I can figger out how to link images I will do so.
    An example tho:
    +1 shocking burst greataxe of pure good with a small guild slot and Festival Frost'. ML 6 as before.
    +2 bodyfeeder scimitar of pure good with festival icy burst. ML 10 as before, but now it is also a paragon weapon.
    +1 mettaline dwarven axe of pure good with festival frost. ML 8 as before.
    +1 acid greataxe with festival frost RR human, half-elf. 0 ML as before.
    I've still got a few items with Festival Frost on them
    A couple of gnarly bastage swords and some handwraps. Maybe an axe or 3, but who's counting?

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Just checked an old +5 holy burst falchion of pg. was min lvl 14. now its 20. Mem knows wasssssup!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Just checked several of my Risia'ed weapons.. none has had its ML increased.
    Just checked my armory as per yer suggestion, the ones I looked at are the same as before
    Then it seems like we have a fun new bug in town.

The more things change, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Was that from the original event? All of my festival icy burst items are just like they were before the update. My first time collecting purple coins was this past winter.

Quote Originally Posted by shibe View Post
    Was that from the original event? All of my festival icy burst items are just like they were before the update. My first time collecting purple coins was this past winter.
    I made the axe in the pic above this past winter, with newly acquired recipes and motes.

Community Member

I made the axe in the pic above this past winter, with newly acquired recipes and motes.
    an that pic is mighty odd. It appears to now be a +5 icy burst weapon with 'festival' shock. so to speak. Appears that not all weapons survived the update. Sorry to hear about yers and others who were affected. I didnt log in for apx a week after the update hit. Don't know if that made a difference.

What a shame. If you were collecting purple coins for this it was a lot of work and time.

It could be that each server may have had different results. Some servers getting nerfed items while others not. Maybe there is a particular item traits that is common among the affected items.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast