Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thanks Cordovan

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I assumed it was an exploit but over the past few months before cordovans post I had started to doubt it because it was in game since motu and was on the wiki for a while. Time + ease of getting the info (ie wiki) had made me start to doubt that it was an exploit considering most exploits are rapidly fixed.
    I used common sense to know this was not WAI, regardless what wiki and others said.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I used common sense to know this was not WAI, regardless what wiki and others said.
    Common sense™. Now for 1600TP in the DDO Store!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

"Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen."
    - Albert Eisntein in "Mathematics, Queen and Servant of Sciences" by Eric Temple Bell

Or

"Common sense is quite rare"
    - Voltaire, "Common Sense," Dictionnaire philosophique portatif

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Just said it gave me doubts, doubts in the face of what seems to be contradictory evidence are a good thing.

Default :-(

meh, nevermind
    Last edited by alvarego; 09-12-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: ooops just read
    Under and behind and inside everything this man took for granted, something horrible had been growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I'm thinking 30d20 of damage at level 1 is over the line. Not subjective.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    It's supposed to be a big deal when your caster gets fireball at level 5, and you can do 5d6 damage. The mobs are scaled for that.
    Oh dear...And you were doing so well.

This is the biggest issue with DDO {and other MMOs} compared to PnP - Mob Scaling as opposed to ability scaling.

That 5d6 Fireball is UTTERLY USELESS in Lvl 5 Content!
    At least until you Maximise, Empower, Heighten, Grab Max Combustion/Fire Lore item for said Lvl AND take the Enhancement Line {Spend a silly amount of AP in Archmage if you're a Pale Master!}.

Primal Scream etc. actually DO what the likes of Fireball and Lightning Bolt DID in PnP!

I personally have only one character capable of using Twists in Heroic Levels - I TRd the others before earning the requisite Fate Points etc.
    That character is a Rogue who Maxed out Shadowdancer - Am I REALLY Exploiting if I keep the Trap Bonuses that I had when I was running Epics?

The Devs have come out and said that what we have atm is NOT WAI - Well that could just mean that they're not happy about SOME of the abilities people have been twisting.
    They could be looking at allowing CERTAIN abilities from EDs to be used in Heroics on TR Lives.
    BUT they need to figure out HOW to allow Certain Abilities while disallowing others.

Oh and as someone has already pointed out in this thread - This supposed "Exploit" has been on the DDOWiki for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    The Devs have come out and said that what we have atm is NOT WAI - Well that could just mean that they're not happy about SOME of the abilities people have been twisting.
    They could be looking at allowing CERTAIN abilities from EDs to be used in Heroics on TR Lives.
    BUT they need to figure out HOW to allow Certain Abilities while disallowing others.
    Do they really want this? It takes much more developer time to disable some of abilities than to disable all. As heroic levels can be completed just fine without epic destiny abilities, I don't think this is a serious option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    This is why we can't ever have nice things.

Just like with Beguile, some people aren't happy having quests go smoothly. They either are jealous of people who can use said abilities when they cannot or are simply masochists.

Either way, they whine about it and get it taken away from everybody else. This thing was one of the best things about TRing-- it made it FUN.

And I swear, if THIS now gets "fixed" before they fix sagas, broken raid completion lists, or the slew of bugs negatively affecting Pale Masters I am going to lose my mind.

Also, the way I see it, we EARNED this power by earning our fate points. Is that not how it is supposed to work?
    I take it your idea of fun is either god-mode or novelty?

I don't mean anything by the above, sorry, just having a laugh. I never saw it in action, don't know what quest outcomes would be b/c of it, and really have no right to comment at all. So you can strike this from the record!

It's just everyone was talking about it as if it turned red-named into doors to beat on. I can see that being very useful for TRing, and fun the first couple of times, but god mode gets old soon.

Oh, and I agree with your "And I swear..." sentence. Is it really harder to write fix code for those kinds of bugs rather than the beguile bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Do they really want this? It takes much more developer time to disable some of abilities than to disable all. As heroic levels can be completed just fine without epic destiny abilities, I don't think this is a serious option.
    Heroic levels are a joke that nobody takes seriously any more.

Today I'm going for a new record. Sold deathblock item by accident, got killed after saving 4 times against destruction. (Twice the damage didn't kill me, had to be hit before I could heal.)

In short, it takes a 400+ dmg spell to kill me and I'm not even level 14 yet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234