Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Cordovan

Default Thanks Cordovan

I'm really glad with your reply to this thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5096217

It's a win for common sense. I would like to see more of those clear responses in the future

Yep finally a win for common sense maybe that will keep them quiet for a bit.

2014 DDO Players Council alexthegood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post

It's a win for common sense. I would like to see more of those clear responses in the future
    Agree with you 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    I doubt it. These forums seem plagued by people just looking for something to whine about.

Someone somewhere will be doing something that somehow stops someone else from enjoying the game due to someones belief that something is somehow an exploit, someone else will then be offended
    that someone thinks that something that has not been declared a bug by the devs is wrong and he is being unjustly called a cheater, then someone else will be amazed that everyone does not share the same view as them on what is actually cheating which will offend them............................. and on and on and on its "Heaven and Hell" It is actually kinda enjoying to be honest.......

i was actually surprised there was a response. now to get them to react to the exploits faster and fix them before it becomes common knowledge and carries on for months making people think Turbine doesn't care and responses of "it must not be an exploit if its not fixed" will promptly stop before it starts.

Yep indeed, faster response curtails the conjecture that no announcement = WAI, and puts all the justification nonsense to rest. Non response for long periods of time followed by stealth fixes encourages the "exploit early and often" mentality, where people use and abuse it until its fixed.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Totally agreed. For far too long (as in several months) this subject matter has simply been deleted, which if that isn't a sign of an exploit in use - I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    I doubt it. These forums seem plagued by people just looking for something to whine about.

Someone somewhere will be doing something that somehow stops someone else from enjoying the game due to someones belief that something is somehow an exploit, someone else will then be offended
    that someone thinks that something that has not been declared a bug by the devs is wrong and he is being unjustly called a cheater, then someone else will be amazed that everyone does not share the same view as them on what is actually cheating which will offend them............................. and on and on and on its "Heaven and Hell" It is actually kinda enjoying to be honest.......
    Agreed. If people spend as much time playing the game as they do whining about others and their playing style. All their toons be completionist. Some people need to get more thick skinned about things and stop beating it into the ground; or here is a hint don't play with that person again. Granted there seems to be less and less LFM's. Seems to be more people running with like minded people (running quest xp per minute, role playing, ect) and short manning it (not putting up a LFM). So they don't have to deal with the pug drama. Which is sad as that is how I have met/ran with some really cool people.

Community Member

actually although the post does give off the sense it is not WAI, the closing of the thread still had more of a tone to being due to all the bad mouthing leaving some I imagine to wonder if indeed that was what was being talked about.

I think the very clearest way would be for someone to actually start a thread clearly describing how its done and see how long it last. if its taken down quickly then we can rightly gather that indeed it is an issue we best keep tight lipped on not that it really matters anymore.

Speaking of which I just TRed and am starting the ultra miserable barbarian life that even with the changes I have no love looking to do, anyone want to PM me how its done

Yeah totally agree, thank you for clarifying it. I think that is the main thing most of us wanted on the issue..just clarity. Some of us love to argue and we have a good time on these boards doing it, but a little bit of clarity on positions from the folks that matter go oh so far in those type of debates

Indeed, thank you Cordovan!

Community Member

Indeed, refreshing clarification. It would be great if we saw more clear statements like this by the staff regarding how things are intended to work. E.g. is 2wf in animal for WAI?
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    actually although the post does give off the sense it is not WAI, the closing of the thread still had more of a tone to being due to all the bad mouthing leaving some I imagine to wonder if indeed that was what was being talked about.

I think the very clearest way would be for someone to actually start a thread clearly describing how its done and see how long it last. if its taken down quickly then we can rightly gather that indeed it is an issue we best keep tight lipped on not that it really matters anymore.

Speaking of which I just TRed and am starting the ultra miserable barbarian life that even with the changes I have no love looking to do, anyone want to PM me how its done
    o.O You did read the statement from Cordovan stating that it wasn't working as intended, correct? Not sure why anyone would be unclear about the exploit being WAI. Not that anyone was ACTUALLY unclear before.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post

Yeah, definitely a step in the right direction, not only clarifying it, also letting everyone know that it's a exploit and even when is taking way too long having the intention to fix it, hope it doesn't take long because I couldn't agree anymore with the OP of the thread that got the answer from Cordovan, the game is losing a lot with this exploit.
    Proud member of Lotusfly's squelch list!

Quote Originally Posted by alvarego View Post
    Yeah, definitely a step in the right direction, not only clarifying it, also letting everyone know that it's a exploit
    To be precise he stated it is "not working as intended". He did not use the word exploit in his post at all.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i was actually surprised there was a response. now to get them to react to the exploits faster and fix them before it becomes common knowledge and carries on for months making people think Turbine doesn't care and responses of "it must not be an exploit if its not fixed" will promptly stop before it starts.
    WAI until told otherwise on every bug.
    This one isn't WAI, not that I ever used it. The next one I find? WAI until told otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Hah. Welcome to DDO forums. We don't stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yep indeed, faster response curtails the conjecture that no announcement = WAI, and puts all the justification nonsense to rest. Non response for long periods of time followed by stealth fixes encourages the "exploit early and often" mentality, where people use and abuse it until its fixed.
    Idc if they tell us promptly from now on, WAI until told otherwise. It'll just mean "otherwise" isn't long.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    o.O You did read the statement from Cordovan stating that it wasn't working as intended, correct? Not sure why anyone would be unclear about the exploit being WAI. Not that anyone was ACTUALLY unclear before.
    I was unsure, my bad!

Y'know, I thought it was like all the handwrap bugs - WAI and so obvious that Turbine didn't feel the need to comment.
    Or they eventually change the description to MAKE it WAI.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

1. Raid completions
    2. Sagas
    3. Warpriest
    4. Confirmation on reroll loot button
    5. Acolyte of the skin
    6. Lag, memory leak and client stability
    7. End game content
    8. Log in problems
    9. Fixing not working ED and AP abilities
    100 more important fixes
    110. Fixing twists in heroics

There are really many much more important things to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    This one isn't WAI, not that I ever used it. The next one I find? WAI until told otherwise.

Hah. Welcome to DDO forums. We don't stop.

Idc if they tell us promptly from now on, WAI until told otherwise. It'll just mean "otherwise" isn't long.

I was unsure, my bad!

Y'know, I thought it was like all the handwrap bugs - WAI and so obvious that Turbine didn't feel the need to comment.
    Or they eventually change the description to MAKE it WAI.
    I foresee a banned until told otherwise in your near future
    Proud member of Lotusfly's squelch list!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Bugs are by definition not WAI:
    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug
    A software bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways.
    And in my opinion you don't need to be told explicitly whether or not something is WAI. Just make an estimate of how likely it is whether something is WAI. If the estimated probability is sufficiently close to 0% you can be (almost) certain that it is not WAI. Every sane person is able to make such estimates.

If the probability is less than 50%, avoid using it.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Yeah totally agree, thank you for clarifying it. I think that is the main thing most of us wanted on the issue..just clarity. Some of us love to argue and we have a good time on these boards doing it, but a little bit of clarity on positions from the folks that matter go oh so far in those type of debates

Indeed, thank you Cordovan!
    Oh yeah it needed clarification, because we weren't sure Twists of Fate from EPIC Destinies weren't meant to be used by HEROIC level characters.

Who are you trying to convince?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast