Thread: BTA blanks?

Community Member

Default BTA blanks?

very new to the game, been working on crafting, been reading about using BTA (Bind to Account) blanks to make it easy to pass around items for lowbie alts. I've saved several BTA items but none of them can be stripped of their abilities. Can someone explain what exactly a BTA blank is created from?

The wiki talks about this some, it mentions specific quests which can be good for farming for BTA blanks, one specifically mentioned is the Seal of Shan-To-Kor chain. I just finished this recently and picked the Beserker Bracers, which, cannot be blanked, am I missing something?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by somecallmetim View Post
    very new to the game, been working on crafting, been reading about using BTA (Bind to Account) blanks to make it easy to pass around items for lowbie alts. I've saved several BTA items but none of them can be stripped of their abilities. Can someone explain what exactly a BTA blank is created from?

The wiki talks about this some, it mentions specific quests which can be good for farming for BTA blanks, one specifically mentioned is the Seal of Shan-To-Kor chain. I just finished this recently and picked the Beserker Bracers, which, cannot be blanked, am I missing something?
    Named items cannot be blanked, only "Random" items.

The Sharn Sydicate series is good for BtA items; IIRC each quest gives BtA random loot as an end reward.

Geoff.

Community Member

As was said above the Sharn Syndicate is excellent for BTA blanks.

As for Shan-To Kor, that's not a bad one either, but the way it works is this:

There's a set list of Named BTA items you can get from the reward list (Berzerkers Bracers for example).

If you don't get the named item, you will instead get a BTA loot-gen one of the same type, which can be crafted upon.

So to give an example, lets say you ran the chain again but this time the Berserker Bracers were not in the list, what you will find instead is a set of Bracers with random stuff on them.

This is what you use as a blank.

Note: Don't do Shan-To Kor for Bracers, just run The Bookbinder Rescue (Sharn Syndicate), the reward list will comprise of BTA Boots, Bracers or Goggles.

Quick and dirty reference for you.

Chain End Rewards:
    The Sharn Syndicate
    (The Red Fens*Edit, this bit's wrong*), Ruins of Threnal
    Tangleroot Gorge
    Delera's Tomb
    The Lost Seekers
    The Seal of Shan-To-Kor
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Catacombs

Quest End Rewards:
    Stand Your Ground - Cloaks, Gloves, Rings, and Necklaces
    The Bookbinder Rescue - Boots, Bracers, and Goggles
    Dirty Laundry - Armor and Shields
    Repossession - Armor and Shields
    Come Out and Slay - Weapons
    The Lost Seekers - Anything
    Archbishop's Daughter - Anything
    The Reed Fens - Jewelry
    The Chronoscope - Clothing and Jewelry
    Last edited by Archangel_666; 09-10-2013 at 07:09 AM.

However, Sharn is giving very few aug slotted random loot gen items these days. I am not sure which quests/chains are giving more, but I know the drop rate there has been nerfed into obscurity.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Chain End Rewards:
    The Red Fens
    The Red Fens has no chain reward list, only individual quest rewards. BTA blanks can be farmed from any individual Red Fens quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The Red Fens has no chain reward list, only individual quest rewards. BTA blanks can be farmed from any individual Red Fens quest.
    This is correct.

I was lazy and just copied and pasted from the DDO Game Guide (Invaluable despite this minor error).

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Guide-V3-0-0

Community Member

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!