Thumbs up Dear Devs, is a "MyDDO" ever coming back?

Greeting Devs and playerbase,

I was always a fan of being able to snoop / showing off each others equipment, be it for bragging rights, stealing good ideas, of just having a good laugh.

I understand MyDDO was severely outdated, not sure if it was on purpose (maybe it was hitting DDO's performance?), but I would like to have something of the sort, as other games have. YourDDO is already quite good for this, but it's third party, and each update seems to slightly break it, forcing the poor programmer to update his code.

Some things I know are nice to see:
    - The Character Sheet (Ability tab, Skill Tab, Equipment Tab)
    - Quests Played Recently - and be done with the archaic /quest command
    - Raids Played Recently - and be done with the archaic /quest command
    - Correct number of TR's and their classes
    - Number of Kills / Deaths - yes, I know I can check ingame my /death count
    - Friends List (Public or Private)

As you well know, D&D is also played by many stat-monkeys (like myself). So this is something that is not urgent, but a good nice-to-have.

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    This is all I what I want to see from any type of MyDDO replacement. Particularly with the U20 true reincarnation changes, a record that backs up what lives I have before things go kaput!

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    [...] a record that backs up what lives I have before things go kaput!
    Bio?

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

As you well know, D&D is also played by many stat-monkeys (like myself).
    Of which the majority realized that MyDDO never really presented accurate data and thus keeping track of it themselves was far better. I personally keep records of every build I enjoyed in RTF documents written with Wordpad.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 09-11-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

I was always a fan of being able to snoop / showing off each others equipment, be it for bragging rights, stealing good ideas, of just having a good laugh.

I understand MyDDO was severely outdated, not sure if it was on purpose (maybe it was hitting DDO's performance?), but I would like to have something of the sort, as other games have. YourDDO is already quite good for this, but it's third party, and each update seems to slightly break it, forcing the poor programmer to update his code.

Some things I know are nice to see:
    - The Character Sheet (Ability tab, Skill Tab, Equipment Tab)
    - Quests Played Recently - and be done with the archaic /quest command
    - Raids Played Recently - and be done with the archaic /quest command
    - Number of Kills / Deaths - yes, I know I can check ingame my /death count
    - Friends List (Public or Private)

As you well know, D&D is also played by many stat-monkeys (like myself). So this is something that is not urgent, but a good nice-to-have.

Carry on.
    In my years in DDO I've only ever seen myDDO used for mocking others and keeping them out of raids and lfm's, so I am very not interested in them returning to that garbage.

You yourself said you wanted it back 'for laughs', ie so you can laugh at people.

Not a big fan of this attitude.

Turbine, we don't need a way for elitists to laugh at the new players, thanks!
    Last edited by eris2323; 09-11-2013 at 05:28 AM.

A correct uptodate display of stats, class, race would be really helpful. I noticed a lot of players around showing off by quoting their uber dcs and stats which simply are not accomplishable while showing really poor performance when questing with them. I changed over to not quote any stats, dcs etc. myself even when I am asked for it because if you quote any number you can be sure that another player mentions his other toon which of course has a ridiculously higher number at a significantly lower level than you. I am just bored of those conversations. Comparison of epeen without dropin the trousers (i.e. having access to the true stats) just does not work out.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 09-11-2013 at 07:23 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

YourDDO ...
    Here the link for the interested: http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    In my years in DDO I've only ever seen myDDO used for mocking others and keeping them out of raids and lfm's, so I am very not interested in them returning to that garbage.
    That is one way to look at it. I wish it back, in an informative and uptodate way, so you dont have to buy a pig in a poke when you are leading groups for difficult quests, even if the consequence is that some of my toons are rejected sometimes. The attitude to think you should get auto-accepted with every e.g. 300hp, no fortification pure fighter shuriken thrower or similar ep!c build for difficult quests high level is wrong too. PUG doesn't mean you have to take everyone.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 09-11-2013 at 07:42 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~