Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It's almost like two different people are posting under your name.
    The argument to be made is not that the healing power should not be changed because quite frankly no other class in the game gets 75 healing power for 7 ap, but rather what can be made to make this change more palatable. The problem is with deepwood sniper 1 & 2. Favored enemy ac/saves, animal empathies, stealthy, tendon cut, faster sneaking, and empathic healing are all lacking so why is not the argument to improve those abilities?
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    The argument to be made is not that the healing power should not be changed because quite frankly no other class in the game gets 75 healing power for 7 ap, but rather what can be made to make this change more palatable. The problem is with deepwood sniper 1 & 2. Favored enemy ac/saves, animal empathies, stealthy, tendon cut, faster sneaking, and empathic healing are all lacking so why is not the argument to improve those abilities?
    A better question would be why only the DS tree adds to positive spell power, rather than points spent in any ranger core ability? If grabbing off a bunch of low level cores is seen as a problem, make the same level grants non stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    A better question would be why only the DS tree adds to positive spell power, rather than points spent in any ranger core ability? If grabbing off a bunch of low level cores is seen as a problem, make the same level grants non stacking.
    Because deepwood sniper is supposed to improve both range and melee fighting. Sorry that you are left in the old school every true gives the same benefit boring sauce world.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Because deepwood sniper is supposed to improve both range and melee fighting. Sorry that you are left in the old school every true gives the same benefit boring sauce world.
    And that has what to do with healing ability exactly? To me it just says DS is the classes designed core PRE with the others just considered splash trees to give a slight edge to one or the other fighting styles, rather than functional choices in their own right.

By the way, I'm actually stuck in the they just took what they had before and more or less randomly placed it into whatever tree seemed to need something world. But I hold that opinion with a lot of what Turbine does with this game. Come up with a big idea then not giving it the budget to properly implement it. They really should just stick to projects small enough for them to do right rather than half assing big changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    That's pretty much it, I built my guys to self-heal (at least a little) so I don't have to wait on healers.

With that said . . . I wouldn't mid seeing more full-retard DPSers now since the mob-density in the new stuff it very high and the redname HP (in EE at least, haven't run the other difficulties) is just plain nuts.
    Regarding forced cooperation . . . when on my arcane or divine casters now with 300k HP red-names I want some full-retard DPS in my group.
    My main toon is built like this in that "kill it as fast as possible so it can't hurt me" now sure he doesn't work that great in EE though I have done some in groups and been OK. My point is that he is still a lot of fun to play and I heal myself (when needed) with SF pots which are a nightmare for sure but it forces me to play a bit smarter and to back out from a fight if the healer is busy. I drink a pot and sit tight while the effects wear off which is better than being dead, a healer usually spots me and throws me a Cocoon/Renew/Heal/whatever else and I back in the fight with no death and lack of buffs.

Will he solo EE anytime soon I doubt it but he isn't built to either.

After reading further on about Cocoon I thought about using the Red Augment slot on Cleaver for Devotion that way it would hit for more since he is a pure build so no access to meta's. I originally wanted to slot Good in there for bypassing DR but hey ho something to think about (oh he has 30 heal amp and is Dwarf so no racial heal amp unfortunately though I have had an idea for a Fighter enhancement).

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    And that has what to do with healing ability exactly?
    If you read his posting history on this topic alone, he really seems to be suffering from a severe case of has no freaking clue what he is talking about.

I believe your idea has more merit to give the same amount of healing power spread around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    S I would take a competent player wit h **** gear over an idiot with all the uber gear.
    As an idiot with ubber-gear I take offense to that remark.

Deepwood sucks, we should be forced to invest in this garbages tree. Period.

The problem is with deepwood sniper 1 & 2. Favored enemy ac/saves, animal empathies, stealthy, tendon cut, faster sneaking, and empathic healing are all lacking so why is not the argument to improve those abilities?
    No thanks, my tempest is not interested in the DS tree. Period.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Deepwood sucks, we should be forced to invest in this garbages tree. Period.
    my AA friend and his crit for over 10k would beg to differ with you on that

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    No thanks, my tempest is not interested in the DS tree. Period.
    your loss

deepwood sniper USED to suck.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    my AA friend and his crit for over 10k would beg to differ with you on that
    Why so little? Your friend is still a gimp.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Why so little? Your friend is still a gimp.
    lol. ok then

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678