Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Cacoon is nice and all...very good if you DO NOT HAVE THE HEAL spell. Heal and reconstruct are simply far superior spells in every way (if you are of the class to have it). Recast timer on Cacoon is too long and the healing it doesn make it no comparison.

Now, cacoon is better than a heal scroll...but not the heal spell for a class who uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    You need to spend 30 points in deepwood to get the devotion you can get now.

This is trying to fix something that isn't broken. All casters can self heal (except the stupid ones), giving an ability for melees to do the same at this point in the game isn't a problem.
    This.

You also notice they put this ability into the game, and many people build for it in place of UMD because of the low cost for spell power and easy twist of cocoon, even taking the empowered heal feat, THEN they nerf rangers, charging them more for spell power in a tree most dont go up that high unless they are specifically building for DS.

What sacrifice are arcanes making to get healing that is way better than this? Not much.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    What sacrifice are arcanes making to get healing that is way better than this? Not much.
    Shiradi sorcs are still powerful in content, but the last few updates they have been getting nerfed more and more.

As the troll said though, it comes down to be smart or an idiot. I would take a competent player wit h **** gear over an idiot with all the uber gear.

When I see people coming here complaining that Turbine needs to nerf this and that, I see them as pi$$ poor players.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Cocoon is too powerful. I would argue it is more powerful then the heal spell. So you would be fine with melee having access to the heal spell?
    LOL... you're a little behind the times there buddy, the smart melee's have been casting heal spells for years.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that I do not have an issue with this, and firmly believe that viable self healing never should have been considered the sole property of blue bars.

Cocoon is too powerful. I would argue it is more powerful then the heal spell. So you would be fine with melee having access to the heal spell? I am not fine with that. Coccon is a cheesy shortcut rather then the devs putting the work in and making a better game. Cocoon is also a huge nerf to barbarians because they can not use it while raged.
    If melee had unlimited access to a heal spell, they still wouldnt be as powerful as casters, and yet, the same people who want melee to make a large sacrifice to obtain self healing dont even bat an eyelash to the fact that casters have been doing it as well as divines for 5 years now, with little to no sacrifice whatsoever.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Cocoon is too powerful. I would argue it is more powerful then the heal spell. So you would be fine with melee having access to the heal spell? I am not fine with that. Coccon is a cheesy shortcut rather then the devs putting the work in and making a better game. Cocoon is also a huge nerf to barbarians because they can not use it while raged.
    *looks at this thread* *looks at her huge stacks of heal scrolls across multiple characters* *looks at this thread* *looks at her heal scrolls* *giggles a little*

also... barbs can't heal scroll either. so... uhhh. how is it a nerf? or did they used to be able to use cocoon? heck if i know... i've never used it... even when i had access.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Shiradi sorcs are still powerful in content, but the last few updates they have been getting nerfed more and more.

As the troll said though, it comes down to be smart or an idiot. I would take a competent player wit h **** gear over an idiot with all the uber gear.

When I see people coming here complaining that Turbine needs to nerf this and that, I see them as pi$$ poor players.
    The idea of leaving something in the game for an entire year and then nerfing it is crazy. The window to realize something needs rebalancing and then nerf is a few weeks after the release of said ability. Waiting a year or longer, then nerfing it after people build alot of toons around having it available would be.....well lets say Turbine needs to warn me ahead of time so I can go buy shares in Redenbacher.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    *looks at this thread* *looks at her huge stacks of heal scrolls across multiple characters* *looks at this thread* *looks at her heal scrolls* *giggles a little*

also... barbs can't heal scroll either. so... uhhh. how is it a nerf? or did they used to be able to use cocoon? heck if i know... i've never used it... even when i had access.
    Every time I read about someone comparing heal scrolls to cocoon I just laugh because I know they have never really used cocoon.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Every time I read about someone comparing heal scrolls to cocoon I just laugh because I know they have never really used cocoon.
    Nope, never used it. And if it as awesome as you claim, then it's about time something like it was given to melee classes, now they just need to legitimately give something like that to melee classes during heroic levels, and this game will start to get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    charging them more for spell power in a tree most dont go up that high unless they are specifically building for DS.
    You consider tier 1 to be high up in the tree? With even a single level of ranger, you can spend 6 AP in Deepwood to get 75 positive spellpower not to mention 1d6 sneak attack. Compare that to the old ranger devotion line where you could spend 6 AP for 60 spellpower or 10 AP for 80 spellpower, and with a much higher level requirement. I'll take the new system thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    You consider tier 1 to be high up in the tree? With even a single level of ranger, you can spend 6 AP in Deepwood to get 75 positive spellpower not to mention 1d6 sneak attack. Compare that to the old ranger devotion line where you could spend 6 AP for 60 spellpower or 10 AP for 80 spellpower, and with a much higher level requirement. I'll take the new system thanks.

Yeah, Chai and Troll, could you elaborate? I'm not seeing these 30AP you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    Yeah, not once U19.2 goes live you can't. They nerfed ranger devotion into the ground. Ranger splashes may as well not even bother, and tempests and arcane archers will be lucky to get 50 devotion.

Specific details of the ranger devotion nerf:

- Instead of 45/30 (total 75) from the two tier 1s, they now give 12/8 (total 20)
    - Each deepwood stalker core ability will also give 10

1 ranger level gets you 30 devotion for 6 AP
    3 ranger levels get you 40 devotion for 7 AP
    6 ranger levels get you 50 devotion for 11 AP
    12 ranger levels get you 60 devotion for 21 AP
    18 ranger levels get you 70 devotion for 31 AP

So my 18/1/1 tempest trapmonkey would need to spend a ridiculout 31 AP in the deepwood stalker tree to get less devotion than any ranger could get for 10 AP in the old system with no prereqs at all.

6 AP like it is now on live? Sure, fine. 31 AP like it is on lama? Massive nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Specific details of the ranger devotion nerf:

- Instead of 45/30 (total 75) from the two tier 1s, they now give 12/8 (total 20)
    - Each deepwood stalker core ability will also give 10

1 ranger level gets you 30 devotion for 6 AP
    6 ranger levels get you 50 devotion for 11 AP
    12 ranger levels get you 60 devotion for 21 AP
    18 ranger levels get you 70 devotion for 31 AP

So my 18/1/1 tempest trapmonkey would need to spend a ridiculout 31 AP in the deepwood stalker tree to get less devotion than any ranger could get for 10 AP in the old system with no prereqs at all.
    Haha that does not seem like much of a nerf. 7 Ap for 40 devotion is 4/7 of what it was. 11 AP for 5/7 and 21 for 6/7. Oh my god splash builds only get 40 devotion and for just 21 pts somebody gets 60 and you can gain other things along the way. How useful is animal empathy anyway? Now I can spend the points and get more dps and more defense and get nearly the same healing power to boot. This could be construed a buff by some lol.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Yeah, not once U19.2 goes live you can't. They nerfed ranger devotion into the ground. Ranger splashes may as well not even bother, and tempests and arcane archers will be lucky to get 50 devotion.
    I did NOT see this anywhere in the lama release notes. Are they serious??? Wow, i'm not stoked.

Oh my god splash builds only get 40 devotion
    30. Most splash builds only took 2 ranger levels. Down from 75. That's a considerable nerf.

and for just 21 pts somebody gets 60 and you can gain other things along the way. Now I can spend the points and get more dps and more defense and get nearly the same healing power to boot. This could be construed a buff by some lol.
    By deepwood stalkers, maybe. If my tempest wanted the stuff in the deepwood stalker tree he'd be spending his AP in there already. He isn't because he doesn't.

30. Most splash builds only took 2 ranger levels. Down from 75. That's a considerable nerf.
    No splash builds who knew what they were doing took 3 levels. I can not speak for unintelligible rift raft.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Oh, you guys are still talking. Cool.

Oh my god splash builds only get 40 devotion
    No splash builds who knew what they were doing took 3 levels. I can not speak for unintelligible rift raft.
    It's almost like two different people are posting under your name.

Community Member

Well I do it both ways before or after damage. If you figure that if you know that you are going to take damage then you hit coccon right before and while you are taking damage it ticks healing on you and then you have a cooldown. At other times I do coccon after I take damage. It depends a lot on what I am fighting in terms of numbers and mob types.
    Except that if you haven't taken damage the ticks do you no good and if you start taking damage it means the temp hp's are used up and the ticks stop.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast