Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Halfling Hero phalaeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.
    Posts
    5,710

    Default Enhancement reset cost is too high

    Especially with how the panel is bugged out and sometimes shows that you have more enhancement points than you meant to spend. You know people are going to be playing around with resetting enhancements after a huge pass like this- why charge so much? I changed enhancements for my Bard last night and had to redo it THREE TIMES due to the point allocation system bugging out. Cost me $200,000 plat all told, which is ridiculous.

    Hopefully you'll get the AP panels working properly in the near future, but until then, a hotfix to reduce rising plat costs for resetting would be grand.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~



  2. #2
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    Especially with how the panel is bugged out and sometimes shows that you have more enhancement points than you meant to spend. You know people are going to be playing around with resetting enhancements after a huge pass like this- why charge so much? I changed enhancements for my Bard last night and had to redo it THREE TIMES due to the point allocation system bugging out. Cost me $200,000 plat all told, which is ridiculous.

    Hopefully you'll get the AP panels working properly in the near future, but until then, a hotfix to reduce rising plat costs for resetting would be grand.
    It's just a sneaky way to get you to use AS instead of plat.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    It's just a sneaky way to get you to use AS instead of plat.
    Well, I can tell you that at least for me, it ain't workin'.

  4. #4
    Community Member Bogenbroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,766

    Default

    Except for the fact that there are bugs currently, I whole heartedly disagree. I feel the cost should be *MUCH* higher. The process of changing substantial chunks of your characters development should be extremely painful.

    Now, because it is a new process and because there are still bugs and characters are currently required to revamp while they get a feel fo teh new system, then for now, those costs should be at the current low levels. But once things settle down I really hope (but don't think it is likely) that prices rise to punitive levels.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Except for the fact that there are bugs currently, I whole heartedly disagree. I feel the cost should be *MUCH* higher. The process of changing substantial chunks of your characters development should be extremely painful.

    Now, because it is a new process and because there are still bugs and characters are currently required to revamp while they get a feel fo teh new system, then for now, those costs should be at the current low levels. But once things settle down I really hope (but don't think it is likely) that prices rise to punitive levels.
    Agree. The costs aren't that high and need to be higher. They should just remove the cost until they work out the bugs.

  6. #6
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Agree. The costs aren't that high and need to be higher. They should just remove the cost until they work out the bugs.
    I disagree because this is so painful for newer players who do not have much money or resources. It is all fine and dandy for some veteran who has buckets of plat to come on here and say the costs should be extremely high, but for the newer player who is virtually pennyless who will not be able to afford this without spending points - come on man. Newer players also do not know what works and does not in DDO so they will need to change their build more frequently. Why in the world is DDO penalizing new players like this. What a bunch of ###? They have this great character design system and they are restricting new players from discovering this and learning to enjoy the game. Who makes the decisions here?
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  7. #7
    The Hatchery psteen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I disagree because this is so painful for newer players who do not have much money or resources. It is all fine and dandy for some veteran who has buckets of plat to come on here and say the costs should be extremely high, but for the newer player who is virtually pennyless who will not be able to afford this without spending points - come on man. Newer players also do not know what works and does not in DDO so they will need to change their build more frequently. Why in the world is DDO penalizing new players like this. What a bunch of ###? They have this great character design system and they are restricting new players from discovering this and learning to enjoy the game. Who makes the decisions here?
    I wholeheartedly agree.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    west coast U.S.A
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I disagree because this is so painful for newer players who do not have much money or resources. It is all fine and dandy for some veteran who has buckets of plat to come on here and say the costs should be extremely high, but for the newer player who is virtually pennyless who will not be able to afford this without spending points - come on man. Newer players also do not know what works and does not in DDO so they will need to change their build more frequently. Why in the world is DDO penalizing new players like this. What a bunch of ###? They have this great character design system and they are restricting new players from discovering this and learning to enjoy the game. Who makes the decisions here?
    Have to concur. DDO even with the new more newb friendly UI for spending AP is going to have a LONG ROAD to catch up to us. once we have the system kinks ironed out our build experts and number crunchers will be posting the new FOTM standards in no time. But to want to punish players for ANY REASON they may want to change aspects of their characters is so ridiculous its not even funny.

    It is far more likely just a AS cash grab plan as another said. To many MMO these days use character respeccing as a way to constantly gouge players, I hate it most over in Champions Online where once upon a time they where good at giving out freespecs when any power you used got changed now days they just expect you to dump your own in game coin or real cash to fix your build even if a power has had a complete change in its basic mechanics.

    The only reason one should want to see lame high costs is if this was a competitive PVP MMO, its not, players enjoying how they play is the single most paramount concern here especially when it comes to new player retention. Anything that undermines that is BAD for the game.

  9. #9
    Community Member djl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Who makes the decisions here?
    The same people who decided to shoe-horn in an unfinished new system for Raid Completions at the end of a BUG FIX PATCH, which subsequently cost most players several weeks-worth of completions.

  10. #10
    Community Member Bogenbroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I disagree because this is so painful for newer players who do not have much money or resources. It is all fine and dandy for some veteran who has buckets of plat to come on here and say the costs should be extremely high, but for the newer player who is virtually pennyless who will not be able to afford this without spending points - come on man. Newer players also do not know what works and does not in DDO so they will need to change their build more frequently. Why in the world is DDO penalizing new players like this. What a bunch of ###? They have this great character design system and they are restricting new players from discovering this and learning to enjoy the game. Who makes the decisions here?
    You know, I can get on-board with that logic to a point. What I would be shooting for is a system that curbs redesigning a character on a whim... something like allowing a upfront number of free (or cheap) passes per account. Maybe 3 a the beginning and VIPs get one per 2 months or some such.

    What I would actually like to see, though, is that cost be in levels and not plat. Maybe something along the lines of each time an enhancement respec happens past level 10 it costs a level. 2 the second time, and so on. I personally believe that is a much more apt charge than coin or AS for this sort of thing.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

  11. #11
    Community Member Miow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    You know, I can get on-board with that logic to a point. What I would be shooting for is a system that curbs redesigning a character on a whim... something like allowing a upfront number of free (or cheap) passes per account. Maybe 3 a the beginning and VIPs get one per 2 months or some such.

    What I would actually like to see, though, is that cost be in levels and not plat. Maybe something along the lines of each time an enhancement respec happens past level 10 it costs a level. 2 the second time, and so on. I personally believe that is a much more apt charge than coin or AS for this sort of thing.
    .... can i have some

  12. #12
    Community Member Saravis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I feel the cost should be *MUCH* higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I disagree because this is so painful for newer players who do not have much money or resources.
    While I'd prefer to have a lower cost in general, maybe they could make it cheaper for newer players by having a cost multiplier based on what life the toon is on. No clue if that's possible.

  13. #13
    Community Member Bolo_Grubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    The cost are high but maybe they need to be?

    Maybe it is another way to remove plat from the game?

    I don't know. I have played for 4 years now and most my character have around a Million plat on them, some more, some less. Does not seem like I have had to worry about plat in a long time, but if I have to reset my enhancements a few times then maybe I will.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    The cost are high but maybe they need to be?

    Maybe it is another way to remove plat from the game?

    I don't know. I have played for 4 years now and most my character have around a Million plat on them, some more, some less. Does not seem like I have had to worry about plat in a long time, but if I have to reset my enhancements a few times then maybe I will.

    I would like players to see how much harder it is to make plat NOW.
    Used to be a single run of shroud would get you 20k plat easy from vender trash. Now? Lucky to get 9k. etc etc.
    Add to that that selling has become way harder too. FRDS? Who cares. Maybe if you collect GS mats, you can still do nicley, but most stuff is junk and people don't buy. (yea yea, you with the anecdote that you just made a mil plat by selling wondrous loot).

    So yea, it WAY to expensive. They should revert to the "old" so called "bugged" version, at least for another few months.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

  15. #15
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Impaqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,216

    Default

    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  16. #16
    Community Member Grosbeak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    You know DDO is slowly dying as a game when it took this long for this meme.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

  17. #17
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter
    Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    3,503

    Default Wait a moment

    What I do is wait a few days for the price of the respec to go down, and play my other toons whilst I wait. I was respec'ing allot prior to the Enhancement pass. I like the new trees and can forsee myself respec'ing less often for various reasons.

    From DDO Wiki:

    "Enhancements can be reset using platinum or astral shards while in a public area. The platinum cost is determined by the number of action points currently spent, as well as a multiplier determined by the number of enhancement resets you have done recently. When resetting your enhancements, you may choose to reset all enhancements at once or an individual tree. "

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Enhancements

  18. #18
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I disagree because this is so painful for newer players who do not have much money or resources. It is all fine and dandy for some veteran who has buckets of plat to come on here and say the costs should be extremely high, but for the newer player who is virtually pennyless who will not be able to afford this without spending points - come on man. Newer players also do not know what works and does not in DDO so they will need to change their build more frequently. Why in the world is DDO penalizing new players like this. What a bunch of ###? They have this great character design system and they are restricting new players from discovering this and learning to enjoy the game. Who makes the decisions here?
    It is easy to fix this, though. Simpl multiply plat costs with the numbers from the free past live feats. So 20k plat for a multy-TR toon would translate into max((number of TRs)*(20k plat);20k plat) - problem solved. There could even be a discount for newbs by halving their plat costs...

  19. #19
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    I would like players to see how much harder it is to make plat NOW.
    Used to be a single run of shroud would get you 20k plat easy from vender trash. Now? Lucky to get 9k. etc etc.
    Add to that that selling has become way harder too. FRDS? Who cares. Maybe if you collect GS mats, you can still do nicley, but most stuff is junk and people don't buy. (yea yea, you with the anecdote that you just made a mil plat by selling wondrous loot).

    So yea, it WAY to expensive. They should revert to the "old" so called "bugged" version, at least for another few months.
    Here's my anecdote, but not a million I made ~50k plat off the junk I got from 4 runs of heroic elite Detour

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload