Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nevilian View Post
    The Plus two from completionist makes it a 10 so a +0, thought about that, thank you for the reply.
    I’m thinking it’s cause you’re wearing a +2 Insightful Strength item. Divine Might is also an Insight bonus and won’t stack with Insightful +2/+3 Stat items.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Community Member

OP, have you considered multiclassing your Sorc? I know, it sounds crazy, but look into it. 2 levels of Wizard gives you plenty of stuff, including Wand & Scroll Mastery. You lose some high-level spells, SP, spell pen, and stuff like that, of course, but you gain lots, too. You could do what I did, and take 3 Wizard levels, giving you Zombie form in Pale Master. You lose a lot more to your DCs, level 9 spells, and things like that, but you can get a lot more survivability (you have 17 Sorc levels and the wonderful Sorc benefits like faster casting and lower cooldowns to power your Death Aura and Negative Energy Burst). And that's just looking at a little Wizard splash; pretty much any casting class will have at least some benefit that's significant enough to warrant at least considering a little splash. That's something that absolutely didn't exist before (with the exception of bugged enhancement stacking), as there were essentially no enhancements that you could take before level 6 that were even close to worth it, and 6 levels in a second caster class was (and in a lot of cases still is) too much to lose.

Or just play a Wizard... I mean, it sounds like you're playing your Sorc exactly like Wizards are built to be. It makes me confused why you supposedly hate every class except Sorc...

So, yeah, there are a lot of choices for casters. As others have noted, the choices are less about choosing within a class in some cases. Pure builds can end up being relatively samey, though this problem also existed before. There are indeed too few trees for some classes, and Sorc is the worst in that regard.

I don't know why you're so opposed to being a Savant and yet so insistent on being a Sorc. If you're so anti-Savant, the obvious solution would be to play a Wiz. For most people, either being a Savant or playing a Wizard is fine. If that's not for you, well... I'd say that's your problem. Acolyte of the Skin will be here eventually to help (hopefully soon, along with some other trees to fill in the gaps), but it's still an issue you're relatively alone on.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Also agree with this. I like a defendery / protectory option as well. Very cleric-ish. Abjurations, Banishment/Dismissal ... make it so!

/Signed.
    While my cleric is far from epic still, she's designed as a defender and supporter, not a main tank. Having a tree that fits this would be cool. Though admittedly it probably won't matter as she'll go shirady just like the rest of my bluebars :P
    (Not entirely joking there, it's actually kinda painfull to acknowledge that my poor pale master needs to become a ranger to be any good in EE...)

Greetz,
    Red Orm

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Wholesale answerings and comments here....

I'm still biased against the Enhancement Crash and consider that it could have just been a revamp of the UI to make it go in a tree format while keeping all the old enhancement abilities as they were ( or as near as they were as possible ). But like the many system changes that happened during last year it's something that has been forced down our throat even if we didn't want it just so that DDO could look more Mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    However, the gating & points spent in tree mechanics ensure that many folks take the same enhancements. [...]
    Change the "points in tree" to "total spent" and diversity will explode.
    This is important.
    The gating of points spent in tree forces us to waste points on things we do not want. From my experience rebuilding my characters and talking with others between 30% and 50% of the points are wasted on unwanted things.
    There's other abilities that in the old system ( Radiant Aura for example ) was available at low to mid level that are not available at those levels anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    My biggest issue with the trees is that there is no class tree. [...] There should be a class tree like there is a racial tree.
    That's also something that could have been nice. 1 Race Tree + 1 Class Tree + 3 PRE Trees really would have made the Crash more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post
    [Let us not also forget that you essentially broke Dragonmarks, ToD sets and numerous other abilities]
    Dragonmarks are not completely broken, sneak changes have been done to them that makes the few that were interesting less useful.
    Less Dragonmark use overall ( from 9/7/5 to 8/6/4 at best ), Displacement Nerf and switch with Shadow Walk are the cases I know about.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Clerics = ONE Tree - Radiant Servant - The other two are absolute trash!
    Two Trees, Disciple Tree is not that bad. In fact it is interesting. Especially if you are a monkey and can play with your hands and feet to activate all the clickies and your cleric spells.

Barbarians = FORCED into putting points into ALL 3 Trees {For Rage} - Trees are NOT Viable on their own!
    True, that's where the lack of proper class tree is obvious. a Proper class tree with all the Rage enhancements would have left room to real and nice PREs.

Rogues = Rogue Mech has LOST trap skills gained from the Original Prestige - We still get the Improved yes BUT we're down on what we could get before.
    Acrobats and Assassins are FORCED into Putting Points into Mech to get anywhere near Viable Trap Skills {Tier 2 for Skill Boost is a JOKE!}.
    That's another class where a proper class tree could have been great.
    Oh and :
    - a Mechanic is not a dagger/kukri and crossbow carrier.
    - an Acrobat is not a stick fighter.
    You somewhat killed a lot of weapon options ( like longsword/shortsword, or dual rapier, and short and longbow ) by forcing us to choose on those two things when we had more options before.

And as the OP said for himself : I've seen quite a lot of people leave over the Enhancement Crash because they didn't want to waste the hours required to fix their characters. That's people that were VIPs or/and that regularly bought TPs... That would have kept doing that except that spending 10 hours to redo the enhancements on 20 characters is not their vision of fun. ( and I'm not even talking about the characters that required several LR to be fixed )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Daangerousda View Post
    You have 1,400 + posts. Putting words in peoples mouths, getting offended, posting on topics you know nothing about, and acting like voicing a problem with my "previously" favorite game is pure ranting...... Please, can we let the Sorcerers express themselves here without the forum post patting? You have expressed yourself, and had a good idea (more general trees needed) or two. There is some knowledgeable feedback here in the thread, not just posting stat padding. How's about we call a truce? I'll teach you the facts in game sometime, find me on Orion. Dangerousda is the name, 5 lives as a sorc each time. I use 4+3 lesser reincarnate to become wizzy level 12, 2 times (spendy), only one life as Wizard (hated it, slow cast, low sp), 5 as sorc for the current build . (3 past life wizzy, 3 past life sorc, current sorc 7th life) I know my stuff better than you do. I know I do not find Savants enjoyable, and that is all the new system supports. Can you follow that? Wait!!! dont answer, please.
    First up, it's actually spelled Orien. I can only assume with all your pent up anger and frustration that it makes you do strange things. Like press the Reply With Quote button. But I digress.

Wow, 7 past lives. That's really impressive. I had no idea that it was possible to get 7 lives and still post as you do. Can I follow that? You know, I think might just be able to ... let me try ... this ... https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...nn-s-40th-life. Oh, and I should probably add, that I didn't need to resort to going down the path of levelling the easiest class in the game and then eating 4x +3 Lesser Hearts. So you see, you haven't actually earned those Wizard Past Lives. You simply purchased them from the DDO Store. I hear that some of the weaker players without the ability to actually play a class in the game will sometimes do this. Turbine thanks you for choosing the path of least resistance. The rest of us just point and laugh and now you've been helpful by ensuring those on your server know exactly who you are, they won't accidentally be laughing at the wrong person. Thank you for being so helpful. I won't even point out that you could have achieved the same thing by actually splashing some wizard and using fewer +3 Hearts. But obviously in your head you think that you know best.

As to what you can teach me about arcane casters, divines, melee's or anything else? One of us already knows there is nothing you can teach me. I look forward to you catching up.

As for a truce? I don't think so. You had your chance not to reply to my previous, perfectly reasonable, non-inflammatory post. And you squandered it in another purile rant.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Dream on,, Tr's take much longer to level,, past your second life it takes the xp of 3 lv 20+ to lv a single 3rd life TR,, you might want to check your math man. All your xp combined is but half of what I have on a single character. You don't have a clue what its like until you make one.
    Oh I am so happy that you are equating XP on your character with knowledge of the game and wisdom about life in general.

So very, very happy.

... find me on Orion. Dangerousda is the name...
    Thank you very much on that information, I'll pass it along some raid channels so we can put it to good use.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    Thank you very much on that information, I'll pass it along some raid channels so we can put it to good use.
    Aw, hell. I thought these raid channels were a myth..

I'ma so screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We do recognize that Sorcerers could use some help, and they are the first class planned to get an entirely new enhancement tree. If there are specific Sorcerer abilities from U18 enhancements that you feel are missing and vitally need to be restored to Sorcerers, do feel free to submit bugs saying so (using the link in my signature).
    How about fixing the bugs that were reported on Lamannia and still made it on live?

Namely:

1) Wand and Scroll Mastery missing.
    2) Elemental Awakeness stops you in place if you cast it while moving.
    3) Elemental Awakeness is casted but with no effect if you cast it mid-air and move right after casting it (still mid-air)
    4) The 3) affects every DI ability
    5) DI abilities don't trigger the new 4th core buffs/debuffs.
    6) The new 4th core debuffs/buffs are single target only on an AoE class. Severely disappointing. Feather said he would re-evaluate this if this was under-performing. IMHO, it is. It's not fun when you have an ability that can be used on basically one mob per quest (bosses) because it is useless for the other 99% of the quest. AoE class needs AoE skills.

These were all bug reported. I'm not reporting them again so don't tell me that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    You could've had a completionist and won! What a waste of time...

Yea, I could have had a completionist, but TR'ing is something I tend to do slowly. The exception being my rogue and I only TR'd him the second time because I had encouraged a friend to TR *his* rogue without realizing that he did not realize he would be starting over from level 1. Since I did not want him to have to re-level up his rogue on his own, I TR'd mine the second time before he even got back to level 21. Besides, I prefer having discrete characters and being able to choose to play different classes depending on what's needed for the party I'm in (or the mood I'm in that day).
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Dream on,, Tr's take much longer to level,, past your second life it takes the xp of 3 lv 20+ to lv a single 3rd life TR,, you might want to check your math man. All your xp combined is but half of what I have on a single character. Not to mention how you fit in the past life feats you choose to use, because you only get 5, each past life feat you choose takes a slot away from your current class. So you actually have no idea how it would impact your build. I have +6 with magic wands , staves and scrolls dc's, +4 on all evocation DC's spell cast, +6 spell penetration, +1 to ALL spell schools cast,, etc,, just from past life feats. You don't have a clue what its like until you make one.
    You must have confused my listing the characters I've got with the person saying, tongue-in-cheek, that I could have had a completionist by now. I probably could have had a completionist by now. There are several characters I have played to level 12/13 and deleted and, thus, are not on that list. Just having 7 past lives does not make you better at the game. In my opinion, most of the secondary past life feats (the ones you have to actually have to choose and do not get free) are not really worth very much. Some are, obviously, including some of the caster feats when you're playing a caster. I have the monk secondary past life feat on my monk, but none on my other characters because they do not give me abilities I find valuable for the given characters' builds.

One reason I preferred making new characters rather than TR'ing one over and over is the potential to bork the build. The monk I have is the 7th monk build I tried after playing 6 others to 8th to 10th level, then finding them sub-optimal in some way, deleting them and starting over - and that isn't even the build I ended up with when I found one I liked well enough to level to 20. That one got LR'd at 20 to change a couple of choices I decided were not what I wanted.

I do not want to TR one character over and over, end up with builds I do not like, and then be forced to either LR them to fix them or live with them until I can TR again. I play the game for fun - not so I can come on the forums and pretend to be better than everyone else. Just because you know sorcerors better than I do does not mean you know more about everything else than I do.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Community Member

This is because whoever put those NPCs into the game was under the impression {maybe he/she played D&D back in the day} that Barbarian was a Racial thing more than a Class.

Barbarian doesn't really make sense as a Class anyway - It would have been better off had the Devs made it a Race in the first place {as it was at times in PnP.}.
    Why stop there? If we're to pick up silly ideas from way back before things were fixed, how about this:

Wouldn't it be awesome if classes were like in the original D&D Basic Set? You could start at level 0, and when you finish the first Korthos adventure, you find class trainers, and you could have your pick of the class you want to reach level 1: Dwarf, Cleric, Fighter, Elf, Halfling, Magic User or Thief. Now that would be something. (Yes, class. Elf is a class, not a race. Awesome!)

That aside, in seriousness.

Can't wait for the new sorc tree, but all in all I'm really happy with the new enchantment pass. Weed out the annoyances (accept sometimes only applying a part of the used points, switching a tree resetting unsaved changes, the ridiculously high reset costs) and it's pretty damn good. Roads ahead of the old system, even if just in term of usability.

Dream on,, Tr's take much longer to level,, past your second life it takes the xp of 3 lv 20+ to lv a single 3rd life TR,, you might want to check your math man. All your xp combined is but half of what I have on a single character. Not to mention how you fit in the past life feats you choose to use, because you only get 5, each past life feat you choose takes a slot away from your current class. So you actually have no idea how it would impact your build. I have +6 with magic wands , staves and scrolls dc's, +4 on all evocation DC's spell cast, +6 spell penetration, +1 to ALL spell schools cast,, etc,, just from past life feats. You don't have a clue what its like until you make one.
    *You* might want to do some math before you bring it up. Since when was 3x1900000 = 4378500?

Coyopa has enough XP for 11 past lives on one character.

11 past lives is 44 million XP.
    Code:
    1900000	1st
    3139250	2nd
    4378500	3rd
    4378500	4th
    4378500	5th
    4378500	6th
    4378500	7th
    4378500	8th
    4378500	9th
    4378500	10th
    4378500	11th
    Our friend has at least 46 million XP across his characters, more if he hasn't always TR'd at 20.
    Code:
    1900000	1st bard
    1350000	3 epic bard
    1900000	1st monk
    3139250	2nd monk
    2100000	4 epic monk
    1900000	1st cleric
    1824250	2nd lvl16 cleric
    1900000	1st barbarian
    1900000	1st ranger
    3139250	2nd ranger
    3000000	5 epic ranger
    1900000	1st druid
    3000000	5 epic druid
    1900000	1st rogue
    3139250	2nd rogue
    2448500	3rd lvl 16 rogue
    1900000	1st ranger/monk/rogue
    1200000	2nd lvl 16 ranger/monk/rogue
    1900000	1st wizard
    750000	2 epic lvls wizard
    1200000	1st life 16 fighter
    910000	1st life 14 rogue/monk/fighter
    1900000	1st artificer
    Even if you discount all epic XP, he has 36 million which is enough for 9 past lives on one character.

You probably had a reasonable point to make, but you've really messed up with your delivery. I'm especially impressed with how everyone who shares your concern is "smart" while you pour scorn and insults on everyone else. Those poor idiots.

Hey Mr. Special One of Six Past Lives, the rest of us learned to read and research. We read the forums and DDOWiki, play with character planners and post our builds for critique here on the forums. We don't need 3 past lives to figure how enhancements work on a class.

No idea how past lives work? http://ddowiki.com/page/Past_life_feats#Past_Life_Feats
    No idea how much XP it requires to TR? http://ddowiki.com/page/Experience_p...rnation%28s%29
    Don't have a clue what it's like to plan past life feats? http://ddochargen.com

Waiting for a reply with anticipation, I've got my popcorn out.
    Last edited by stoerm; 09-11-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    You probably had a reasonable point to make, but you've really messed up with your delivery. I'm especially impressed with how everyone who shares your concern is "smart" while you pour scorn and insults on everyone else. Those poor idiots.

Hey Mr. Special One of Six Past Lives, the rest of us learned to read and research. We read the forums and DDOWiki, play with character planners and post our builds for critique here on the forums. We don't need 3 past lives to figure how enhancements work on a class.

No idea how past lives work? http://ddowiki.com/page/Past_life_feats#Past_Life_Feats
    No idea how much XP it requires to TR? http://ddowiki.com/page/Experience_p...rnation%28s%29
    Don't have a clue what it's like to plan past life feats? http://ddochargen.com

Waiting for a reply with anticipation, I've got my popcorn out.
    Yes, this exactly. I plan all my characters' builds, including their TR's and LR's even when they are staying the same class, using Ron Hiler's excellent DDO Character Planner. I can spend hours just planning the character's build, then I spend many more hours researching end-game gear and planning the high level gear layout. Granted, I don't usually post my builds, but I figure I know my playstyle and the role I want the character to fill best and I build my characters to suit that. They don't have to be maximum dps or whatever - being effective at high level without being perfect is acceptable to me provided they are fun. My 20th level barbarian hasn't seen the light of day in over a year because I do not consider him fun - and because I have not yet figured out what I am going to do to fix him. He's got an epic Antique Greataxe now and I don't want to lose all the effort required to get it. So, I'm kicking around a 12 monk/8 fighter TR, but I haven't had time to plan the enhancements for this build and so have taken no action (plus, since I have three TR's in the works right now, I'm not keen to add a fourth).

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    While we understand that there is going to be some pain with large scale changes, in terms of build diversity the enhancement pass has been successful, overall.

Before Update 19, most builds broke down class levels along pure 20, or 18/2, or 12/6/2. There were a few more variations on those themes, but they tended to be exceptions rather than the rule. It doesn't take much searching of the forums to see that there is increased variation in builds today. Some of that may settle down to a some more recognizable builds and breakdowns, but we're fairly confident the variety and uniqueness in builds is likely to be greater in the future than the past.

We do recognize that Sorcerers could use some help, and they are the first class planned to get an entirely new enhancement tree. If there are specific Sorcerer abilities from U18 enhancements that you feel are missing and vitally need to be restored to Sorcerers, do feel free to submit bugs saying so (using the link in my signature).
    Please don't forget arti acid - I mean it's about the only useful rune arm next to force (due to the horrible situation of saved DC on everything else) and there's no crit line nor spell power boost.

I agree that for most part we've seen an enhancement of classes except for where it 'breaks' the idea of core class features. Especially when you split things like smites and lay on hands into two different pre's. But at least they're low tier so the cost to get them are relatively low.

But then you have favored enemy with ranger. Talk about fundamental core feature of ranger. I mean it's a special feat fer Christers sake. That is in-explicitly a high tier deepwood sniper enhancement which more or less makes me abandon something that is about the only way to get some additional dps against some critters.

And forcing tanks to use sword and board while making it almost impossible to get more dps (say dabble in dual for 99 percent of the game where tanking is relatively useless and be able to tank for the 1 percent where it is) broke my tank completely.

Sorry - but AC is worthless. It's abundantly clear in EE. PRR is everything but DPS is also the key. Before the enhancement pass you could run with max stalwart and use dual for a majority of the quests and get something good out of it. But now you can't - unless you want to gimp dps through sword and boarding. And on top of that Turbine release perhaps the worst shield of all time in the xpack. It's like they're telling sword and boarders that EGH is it. They're not going to find anything better to boost their DPS and AC.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Wholesale answerings and comments here....

I'm still biased against the Enhancement Crash and consider that it could have just been a revamp of the UI to make it go in a tree format while keeping all the old enhancement abilities as they were ( or as near as they were as possible ). But like the many system changes that happened during last year it's something that has been forced down our throat even if we didn't want it just so that DDO could look more Mainstream.

This is important.
    The gating of points spent in tree forces us to waste points on things we do not want. From my experience rebuilding my characters and talking with others between 30% and 50% of the points are wasted on unwanted things.
    There's other abilities that in the old system ( Radiant Aura for example ) was available at low to mid level that are not available at those levels anymore.

That's also something that could have been nice. 1 Race Tree + 1 Class Tree + 3 PRE Trees really would have made the Crash more palatable.

Dragonmarks are not completely broken, sneak changes have been done to them that makes the few that were interesting less useful.
    Less Dragonmark use overall ( from 9/7/5 to 8/6/4 at best ), Displacement Nerf and switch with Shadow Walk are the cases I know about.

Two Trees, Disciple Tree is not that bad. In fact it is interesting. Especially if you are a monkey and can play with your hands and feet to activate all the clickies and your cleric spells.

True, that's where the lack of proper class tree is obvious. a Proper class tree with all the Rage enhancements would have left room to real and nice PREs.

That's another class where a proper class tree could have been great.
    Oh and :
    - a Mechanic is not a dagger/kukri and crossbow carrier.
    - an Acrobat is not a stick fighter.
    You somewhat killed a lot of weapon options ( like longsword/shortsword, or dual rapier, and short and longbow ) by forcing us to choose on those two things when we had more options before.

And as the OP said for himself : I've seen quite a lot of people leave over the Enhancement Crash because they didn't want to waste the hours required to fix their characters. That's people that were VIPs or/and that regularly bought TPs... That would have kept doing that except that spending 10 hours to redo the enhancements on 20 characters is not their vision of fun. ( and I'm not even talking about the characters that required several LR to be fixed )

Alright,, you people are nailing it on the head here,, all this stuff is what I noticed. We are all being forced to be exactly alike. This system looks pretty, is easy to navigate and plan builds yes; but that is because all the customization options have been removed from the game.

Its quite obvious that Sorcerer is very hard hit, since they cannot just be a sorc anymore, they can only be savant, but the same can be said for all the other class's. Someone decided they know whats best for my character build and removed all my options. The only trees we have been offered are "kits", that is to say in D&D terms, its a sub class of the main class.
    Sorcerer is a stand alone class but has no tree at all, neither do any of the other class's, and they are all "stand alone" class's. We are being forced to take a kit, which is a sub class of the main. Why is it that people think all sorcerer's were elementalists,, this is not so, some were necrotic, some enchanters, and in D&D the one thing that held true, is that you could build your own custom sub class using ALL the different enhancements available to that class, because you had access to any enhancement in that general class. That is how Savants were created, using hand picked enhancements. We can no longer do any of that. I hope the gaping whole of missing options is becoming more obvious to people now, to me , it ruins the game. It doesn't matter what tree you pull from , no matter what class you are, in this new system , you are exactly like the other guy, because there simply are not enough "general" class options and skills. Boring man. This game was the king of customization and unique builds, now its just an Aion, Rift, Perfect World, Wow, wanna be, sad really. I hope the "general class skills can be put back in the game using new skill trees, but I don't see them fitting in a neat little tree like the sorely lacking ones we have now, one tree should fill the entire screen, and even at lv 28, there should still be 70% of the available skills unused. A vast pool of diversity, like it used to be.

Alright,, you people are nailing it on the head here,, all this stuff is what I noticed. We are all being forced to be exactly alike. This system looks pretty, is easy to navigate and plan builds yes; but that is because all the customization options have been removed from the game.

Its quite obvious that Sorcerer is very hard hit, since they cannot just be a sorc anymore, they can only be savant, but the same can be said for all the other class's. Someone decided they know whats best for my character build and removed all my options. The only trees we have been offered are "kits", that is to say in D&D terms, its a sub class of the main class.
    Sorcerer is a stand alone class but has no tree at all, neither do any of the other class's, and they are all "stand alone" class's. We are being forced to take a kit, which is a sub class of the main. Why is it that people think all sorcerer's were elementalists,, this is not so, some were necrotic, some enchanters, and in D&D the one thing that held true, is that you could build your own custom sub class using ALL the different enhancements available to that class, because you had access to any enhancement in that general class. That is how Savants were created, using hand picked enhancements. We can no longer do any of that. I hope the gaping whole of missing options is becoming more obvious to people now, to me , it ruins the game. It doesn't matter what tree you pull from , no matter what class you are, in this new system , you are exactly like the other guy, because there simply are not enough "general" class options and skills. Boring man. This game was the king of customization and unique builds, now its just an Aion, Rift, Perfect World, Wow, wanna be, sad really. I hope the "general class skills can be put back in the game using new skill trees, but I don't see them fitting in a neat little tree like the sorely lacking ones we have now, one tree should fill the entire screen, and even at lv 28, there should still be 70% of the available skills unused. A vast pool of diversity, like it used to be.
    I think the amount of diversity you perceive to have existed prior to U19 is mostly imaginary. How many mechanic rogues did you meet before U19? Pretty much every rogue was an assassin and they had virtually the same exact enhancements all the time. In 4 years of playing, I have met **two** mechanic rogues (if you can count playing a mechanic rogue yourself as "meeting" that one - if not, I have met one mechanic rogue and I played a mechanic rogue). I have never met a pure rogue who was an acrobat. How many archmages have you seen running around? I can count them on two hands and have fingers left over - in fact, I can probably count them on one hand and might have fingers left over.

So, at worst, the amount of diversity in builds in the game now is exactly the same as was before. Personally, I think there is more diversity overall, but there are some classes where there is less diversity than was before. Sorcerors, paladins, fighters, and clerics seem to be the hardest hit in this regard (in no particular order). Like I said in an earlier post, break out some of your self-professed creativity and see what you can come up with.

Actually, I've seen far more variety in both the builds I've created personally and those of my play group. Perhaps its a caster thing, but I TR'd all my casters even before the EP becuase they are sub par in most areas of adventuring (my experience at least).

I personally have enjoyed the EP a great deal but it took about a week of real research and tinkering (couple million in plat on reset costs.....eyeballing you Turbine) to figure out what does and doesnt work together and how I could incorporate that into my idea of what I want the builds to do.

Again though, I dont do arcanes any longer and I dont do divines any longer. I make a lot of varities of multiclass melee and ranged toons now so perhaps thats the disconnect....you want variety on a pure build. But honestly, I threw out all my arcanes and divines a long while back and cant blame the EP for it.

I agree sorcs took a hit in diversity. That is where I stop agreeing with your rants.

If use imagination and look over all things there is so much more diversity in this game. People are talking battle casters and splits that if mentioned before this update would of been laughed off as stupid and gimped.

The pass has given life to so many more possibilities in this game that it has broken down tons of stereotypes and opened so many more options. Just because you don't see and can't open eyes to what it has brought, because all you know is sorc then no one will be able to help you.

Again agree that sorc needs more than just savant and dev did say was coming first over every other class. So be patient and it will come or rant and rage some more. At least that is making this a interesting thread. Just waiting for your next rage.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

I agree for the most part that while the look and feel of the enhancement trees might make it seem like we lost a lot of customization and the like, it also opened up so much "out of the box" alternatives as well. Sure, people will post builds and make the most use of every point, then a lot of people will follow that path and have the nerve to complain about lack of diversity when they can't come up with anything on their own. Take a chance, live a little.. levelling in this game is so easy compared to before, and with TRing being as rampant as it is (and an option no less), all the tools and knowledge base(s) available, its so much easier than before. But I digress.

Regarding sorc, in DDO the sorcerer has always been elemental damage. Period. Was it possible to shift things up to a certain degree to say, enchanting or necro? Sure! It was done, but not without a degree of effort (not a marginal one at that). Having something like Acolyte of the Flesh will be nice, or whatever it is they plan to throw our way, but I would go as far as saying that WF sorcs gained the most as they don't necessarily need to stay pure, as the capstones for the Savant lines only half work for the whole purpose of a Warforged sorcerer: Quickened Reconstructs. The elemental form cancels that out, so technically only receiving half the benefits of spending 40 points makes things much easier to say splash pally for the saves and lose very little in the end. Heck, you can go all the way and really split things up, and still get the elemental effects on-cast of the chosen element with only 12 levels.

Now its time for coffee, as this wasn't exactly passed through the coffee filter.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast