Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 201 to 212 of 212
  1. #201
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    "Dude", "Clowns", add some nonsense on game mechanics, a fair share of stupidity and doom. Recipe for rebirth thread of the week!

    Please keep this aliiiiive!

    OP, at first I was really unhappy to be stuck as a sorc but after looking it up closely it really ain't that bad. I also used and liked to level up as a generalist then usually pick up air savant for wings if I wasn't just gonna TR right away.

    The difference is so small (and i'd say it's just that, different and not weaker at all) that I can't believe you put so much rage into defending your already lost cause. Even worst, you still do. There are things about the sorc trees you clearly don't understand and I think you should give it another look/try.

    Also, why would you want to put so much points in every single elements is something I just don't get. Did you really max em all out before? I mean, how can that be effective from your "pro sorc" point of view? I get the fact that you might prefer versatibility over DPS but it's just a bad way to roll a sorc since there is no content in the game that require this. I'd even say, there's no content where that could be beneficial. So, whining over you making bad decisions is kind of... "you chose".



    It's fine that you want to sound knowledgeable, but it works better when you back it up with real facts and not just emotion filled opinions. Everything you say seems like a contradiction to me. It's like a super bad troll attempt in which you got owned but yet can't get out of it. You seem like those people that the more they accentuate and repeat something, the more it has a chance to be a lie. So, how old are you?
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  2. #202
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Yes, unless you're a toaster. (Even then, max UMD on a sorc for raise scrolls).

    I wouldn't splash arti/bard/rogue for UMD, you'll have plenty.
    I figured as much. Wasn't planning on going WF (I dislike playing those for arbitrary reasons.) so was looking for a way to keep healed. UMDing wands/scrolls seemed the best way. And was planning on going pure just to get an elemental form because those look fun (I don't really care that much on pure power but, within my fun flavor I would like to at least be useful.) Thanks for the concise reply.

  3. #203
    Community Member Kalimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daangerousda View Post
    Yes, I am. ;P ddo has always been pure dnd, the only difference is internet limitations , appeal by disregarding races and class limitations, and ease of play for cry babies on the forums who don't want to get hit by their own casters fireball.
    Straight up, if you believe this you are a fool. DDO is by no means pure DND at no point in its history. It was certainly much closer years ago but has steadily drifted away from that and into a standard MMO with DND ideas.

    Any argument or idea that you have which is founded on the idea that DDO = DND is fault at its core and can be disregarded as hogwash by anyone with half a brain cell firing. Further, anyone who proposes a position based on said faulty logic should always be disregarded as the opinion of the misinformed and ignored in entirety.

    Thought I would share the informed opinion with you just in case you missed the memo.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

  4. #204
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    "Dude", "Clowns", add some nonsense on game mechanics, a fair share of stupidity and doom. Recipe for rebirth thread of the week!

    Please keep this aliiiiive!

    OP, at first I was really unhappy to be stuck as a sorc but after looking it up closely it really ain't that bad. I also used and liked to level up as a generalist then usually pick up air savant for wings if I wasn't just gonna TR right away.

    The difference is so small (and i'd say it's just that, different and not weaker at all) that I can't believe you put so much rage into defending your already lost cause. Even worst, you still do. There are things about the sorc trees you clearly don't understand and I think you should give it another look/try.

    Also, why would you want to put so much points in every single elements is something I just don't get. Did you really max em all out before? I mean, how can that be effective from your "pro sorc" point of view? I get the fact that you might prefer versatibility over DPS but it's just a bad way to roll a sorc since there is no content in the game that require this. I'd even say, there's no content where that could be beneficial. So, whining over you making bad decisions is kind of... "you chose".



    It's fine that you want to sound knowledgeable, but it works better when you back it up with real facts and not just emotion filled opinions. Everything you say seems like a contradiction to me. It's like a super bad troll attempt in which you got owned but yet can't get out of it. You seem like those people that the more they accentuate and repeat something, the more it has a chance to be a lie. So, how old are you?
    This comment and all like it, expressing how "its just different", and ' the difference is so small" are a direct admission that you cannot be what you want, and have to follow a set pattern, like everyone else; which is what this thread is about. So keep em coming, your a conformist, easily satisfied doing the only thing they allow you . What a person COULD do pre 19, is now impossible, that is the point. I'm not telling you you have to play like me, not saying you have to like the way I play, or even that I'm a better "player", or that my sorc will make yours look like it rode the short bus (but it will) I am saying you now have fewer choices, especially in the Sorc category, and rocking, very fun custom builds are now impossible to do in some cases. Games are for fun. And I'm sure lots of class's enjoy some of the new percs that were thrown in as candy. But that doesn't explain why the servers are dying. Its because the "fun loving , creative people are leaving. (not saying we have good people skills, most don't ever use forums) More options, like it used to have = more time to geek on the game, better for turbine, better for me and others who did what your doing way back when Savant was first introduced. Your not the first to use the cooky cutter man. So thanx for your support. You admitted it in your post, and you never even went all out custom to find a superb build that made people wonder what you are and take notice of you. Maybe you need to play with Savant for a while longer,, I have had my fill long ago. custom is always the most fun, and if your smart, you can create one that is far more effective than a savant. Well you used to be able to.
    On a bright note, already they unlocked conflicting Savant trees,, and have promised sorc will get the first "general " enhancement tree asap. So the universe is unfolding as it should. You see, they need players, this thread has gotten support even with the people in denial racking up posts saying nothing except "deal with it" which is an admission of the obvious truth. Cloud it with my nasty disposition all you want , they know they have not gotten a dime out of me since the patch, and they need that money to keep the game alive. So, they will try to put some customization back. They have the real numbers, they are acting as we speak, so maybe this post exposed a lot more than you think it has.
    Maybe the questions you had about my build are questions you should learn by experimentation as I have for many many years. Maybe you will be surprised when you learn why. Maybe that experimentation was what made this game great. Lots of people don't like cookie cutter builds,, I'm not the only one. I suspect, once they put some non prestige , general class skills back, you too will find much more enjoyment in the game and spend money on it as I always have, promoting a brighter future. And for the record, I have every right to be mad, I have spent thousands on ddo, and now my character is broken. A pure arcane 7th life (all arcane), perfect caster that cannot function as he has for many years. Why would I play with what I rejected 3 or 4 years ago? At least I had the backbone to come here and be heard, like it or not. Most just quit, and thats bad news for the future of the game, specially with the other DnD (that shant be named ) rpg mmo that just went live. We need to get these people back to ddo. I miss them and stomping around with my insane build that very few understand, but all know is truly special and reliable even in the most elite groupings. Daangerousda is the culmination of over 6 years of playing only arcane caster. He is the only reason I play. I don't need or want your approval, nor do I care what you think of it, its still a valid build created with this very engine, and now they killed it,,that is what this is about. And I'm not the only one.

  5. #205
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
    I figured as much. Wasn't planning on going WF (I dislike playing those for arbitrary reasons.) so was looking for a way to keep healed. UMDing wands/scrolls seemed the best way. And was planning on going pure just to get an elemental form because those look fun (I don't really care that much on pure power but, within my fun flavor I would like to at least be useful.) Thanks for the concise reply.
    I purchased the half elf because my sorc,, back in his second life tried to be umd,, that left almost nothing in skills like balance, jump, and spot or listen. So I'd always be surprised by stealth mobs and wolves immediately trip you. Without good balance seemed to take for ever to get up. And I find jump to be an amazing skill for a sorcs survival, because when you get cornered, even by giants you can jump over them to get away. My two cents is; umd sorc is much more squishy and vulnerable.. course the only alternative (or the one I chose) is to spend money on half elf, then be FVS dilettante, they also have a nice decent enhancement tree in 19.

  6. #206
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daangerousda View Post
    I purchased the half elf because my sorc,, back in his second life tried to be umd,, that left almost nothing in skills like balance, jump, and spot or listen. So I'd always be surprised by stealth mobs and wolves immediately trip you. Without good balance seemed to take for ever to get up. And I find jump to be an amazing skill for a sorcs survival, because when you get cornered, even by giants you can jump over them to get away. My two cents is; umd sorc is much more squishy and vulnerable.. course the only alternative (or the one I chose) is to spend money on half elf, then be FVS dilettante, they also have a nice decent enhancement tree in 19.
    You know that jump caps at 40 right? Far be it for me to question your obvious knowledge like the fact that dilly's don't give no fail with scrolls.

  7. #207
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    You do know, dangerous, that the enhancement pass has changed some builds, which means that if you had build X before the pass, you may not be able to exactly copy it. It still doesnt mean that you cant have variety, it just means that you have to rethink it.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  8. #208
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daangerousda View Post
    I purchased the half elf because my sorc,, back in his second life tried to be umd,, that left almost nothing in skills like balance, jump, and spot or listen. So I'd always be surprised by stealth mobs and wolves immediately trip you. Without good balance seemed to take for ever to get up. And I find jump to be an amazing skill for a sorcs survival, because when you get cornered, even by giants you can jump over them to get away. My two cents is; umd sorc is much more squishy and vulnerable.. course the only alternative (or the one I chose) is to spend money on half elf, then be FVS dilettante, they also have a nice decent enhancement tree in 19.
    I've never had a problem using UMD on any build that I've decided will use UMD and running those guys effortlessly to cap. I must be doing something wrong.

    The only alternative is to go Helf? All those warforged must be doing something wrong.

    There's so much wrong in this thread it's amazing. It's like every time you say something stupid a little bell rings. And reading your posts, I can hear an orchestra playing.

  9. #209
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daangerousda View Post
    I purchased the half elf because my sorc,, back in his second life tried to be umd,, that left almost nothing in skills like balance, jump, and spot or listen. So I'd always be surprised by stealth mobs and wolves immediately trip you. Without good balance seemed to take for ever to get up. And I find jump to be an amazing skill for a sorcs survival, because when you get cornered, even by giants you can jump over them to get away. My two cents is; umd sorc is much more squishy and vulnerable.. course the only alternative (or the one I chose) is to spend money on half elf, then be FVS dilettante, they also have a nice decent enhancement tree in 19.
    You actually make me sad. You really, really are not very good at DDO.

    Spot? Listen? Who cares? I don't know where the mobs are, I have no issues.
    Jump? You're a sorc. Just use the spell and off you go. Seriously...
    Balance? If you can't afford balance, UMD and spell craft, you aren't building right. Less ego, more int.

    UMD sorc is stronger than non UMD sorc, unless you're a warforged - if you're a toaster, max UMD anyway.
    Raise/res scrolls, greater restore, etc.

  10. #210
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Spot? Listen? Who cares? I don't know where the mobs are, I have no issues.
    Exactly fireballs don't make spot checks they just kill.

  11. #211
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Exactly fireballs don't make spot checks they just kill.
    I was thinking from a melee perspective.
    Yes, that's right. Even a gimpy melee healing with cure serious pots and no balance (or jump!) can live through the dastardly wolves!

    Just not a big bad sorc.

  12. #212
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I've never had a problem using UMD on any build that I've decided will use UMD and running those guys effortlessly to cap. I must be doing something wrong.

    The only alternative is to go Helf? All those warforged must be doing something wrong.

    There's so much wrong in this thread it's amazing. It's like every time you say something stupid a little bell rings. And reading your posts, I can hear an orchestra playing.
    Maybe he's just making sure lots of angels get their wings?
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload