Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Scorcher (WF 18 Sorc, 2 Fvs Shiradi)

INTRO:*This guide will no longer be updated (update 26)*
    EDIT: Given the current direction of the new content (fire immune/resistant mobs) and the "one trick pony" design of this build (Scorching Ray). I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT make this build.

This will be a guide to building the 'Scorcher'. The build is based around one spell: Scorching Ray. The release of the Enhancement Pass brought one amazing passive for Fire Savants: Immolation. The Immolation DoT is affected by spellpower and procs on every Scorching Ray. Scorching Ray has double spell range, base spell point cost of eight, three procs and a mere 1.75 cooldown. Immolation DoT adds an additional proc to Scorching Ray. For a total of four procs each Scorching Ray cast. At 20 stacks, the Immolation DoT does an average of 350+ damage and crits for 650+. Each Individual ray of Scorching Ray deals and average of 100+ damage and 200+ damage on a crit. Fire crit chance is 35%+. This brings me to the next part. The Enhancement Pass also brought Just Reward from Angel of Vengance (FVS). This allows the 'Scorcher' to spam Scorching Ray and Magic Missile infinitely. With all the Scorching Ray procs and mana sufficiency of the build. Shiradi was the obvious choice for an Epic Destiny. This build is meant for endgame, I have no advise for heroic leveling.

RACE:

ALIGNMENT:
    True Neutral

STATS:
    (32 point build)
    Str 8
    Dex 8
    Con 20
    Int 8
    Wis 6
    Cha 16

NOTE: Raise Int if 34-36 point build.

STAT LEVEL-UPS:
    • All Charisma (7)

SKILLS: (in order of importance)
    • Spellcraft
    • Concentration
    • UMD
    • Repair
    • Perform

FEATS:
    • Mental Toughness
    • Improved Mental Toughness
    • Toughness
    • Maximize
    • Empower
    • Quicken
    • Evocation Focus(if twisting Evocation Familiarity), Force of Personality, or Past Lives

EPIC FEATS:
    • Epic Toughness
    • Epic Mental Toughness
    • Ruin

DESTINY FEATS:
    • Epic Spell Power: Fire
    • Elusive Target

NOTE: The feats listed above aren't in order of level.

SPELLS:

NOTE: White boxs are your choice.

ENHANCEMENTS:

GEAR:
    NOTE: * You choose where the gear goes, see below

WEAPONS:
    • +10 Impulse scepter of Fire Lore (Random Gen:144 Force Spell power, 20% Fire Crit Chance)
    • Golden Orb of Death (Purple Slot, Orange Slot)

***YOUR CHOICE:***
    CORE: (Slot these in the blanks above)
    • Concord Op Green Steel SP item (example)
    • Health Points Green Steel item (example)
    • Charismatic +10 of Spellsight +20 (random gen, example)

ITEM AUGMENTS:
    NOTE: These are mandatory, all other empty augment slots are your choice!

EPIC DESTINY:

TWISTS OF FATE:
    TIER 4:
    TIER 3:
    TIER 2:
    TIER 1:
    NOTE: means 'best in slot'

SPELL ROTATION:
    Single Target: Awaken Weakness: Fire (every 30 secs)-->Scorching Ray--->Magic Missile--->Ruin (every 15 secs)
    (remove Ruin to be mana sufficient)

Multiple Targets:
    (Mana Dump) Meteor Swarm--->Delayed Blast Fireball--->Chain Missile
    (Mana Sufficient) Scorching Ray--->Chain Missile

TIPS AND TRICKS:

• "Right Click" your spells to turn your Metamagics permanently on or off (example)

• Another great benefit of Scorching Ray is the "Peaking Animation". While casting Scorching Ray standing still, your character will lean forward and extend his right arm. Scorching Ray begins at the fingers of the right arm. When behind a solid object, turn your character (not the screen) on an angle. If properly done, you will hit the opponent whilst not getting hit (example)

Last edited by Rogann; 08-04-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Community Member

Default Thanks

I'm suprised that noone did any comment until now...
    I've LR'ed my sorc into this build, and it's very nice to play.

Thanks for sharing it, and for the nice presentation that makes it easy to reproduce (at least partially, as I don't have enough ED twist on that toon).

Having real fun wiith this build. I'm not used to csatery types so I am running this as is and just got to Shiradi. The ice spells seem out of place but I'm goin as is to see if it shines when I get my destiny maxed out.

But ya full nuke.....like it.

Quote Originally Posted by glouky View Post
    I'm suprised that noone did any comment until now...
    I've LR'ed my sorc into this build, and it's very nice to play.

Thanks for sharing it, and for the nice presentation that makes it easy to reproduce (at least partially, as I don't have enough ED twist on that toon).
    I'm glad the guide helps. I'm trying to make this guide assessable to everyone. I admit the gear and twists are out of reach for the average player. I'll change the gear set up so everyone can obtain it, while keeping it viable. I'll also add the best twists per tier instead of listing off a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesar View Post
    The ice spells seem out of place but I'm goin as is to see if it shines when I get my destiny maxed out.
    Niacs biting cold is for bosses that are immune to fire. Lets you get more dps while spamming MM/force missile's. Ice Storm has two procs every two seconds. Great with Shiradi and also adds dps if a boss is immune to fire.

Default Refining

Finished up the gear. Took a long time. What do you guys think? To cluttered?

Also finished up the Twists. Is there any other good twists I missed? Was thinking Summer Smoke from Primal Avatar but don't have the SS right now.
    Last edited by Rogann; 09-14-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Ice Storm has two procs every two seconds. Great with Shiradi and also adds dps if a boss is immune to fire.
    Shiradi procs only happen on the initial tic of a DOT, whether it's AOE or targeted. I find Ice Storm pretty meh on my shiradi wiz, and I don't even have the penalty you do - the best part about it is the slow effect for kiting mobs through.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Shiradi procs only happen on the initial tic of a DOT, whether it's AOE or targeted. I find Ice Storm pretty meh on my shiradi wiz, and I don't even have the penalty you do - the best part about it is the slow effect for kiting mobs through.
    That's good to know. I'll fiddle around with level 4 spells and see what's best.

I just tested it. As expected, Scorching Ray does not grant four stacks of Immolation (Fire DoT). Also, it's three procs (3 rays) and not four. If this is not what you meant with "Scorching Ray has a base sp cost of eight and four procs with Fire Savant's Passive DoT", then ignore my comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I just tested it. As expected, Scorching Ray does not grant four stacks of Immolation (Fire DoT).
    Immolation (Fire DoT) states "On fire spell cast: Your target gain ONE stack of burning".

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Also, it's three procs (3 rays) and not four.
    It's four procs, three rays and Immolation proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Immolation (Fire DoT) states "On fire spell cast: Your target gain ONE stack of burning".
    That's why I said as expected Thought you meant 4 stacks of Immolation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Default thanks

thanks for sharing u build and that u dit take u time to explain it to me

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

How important is Meteor Swarm to this build? Wondering how well it works w/BF: sorc 16 / pal 2 / FvS 2. Mostly I just want an excuse to fast-forward to lvl 15 to try it out.

Also, I presume the Mental Toughnesses are the crit bonuses more than the extra SPs?

It looks like you're relying on no-save DPS more than anything w/saves. With that in mind, what do you think about adding a couple more acid spells, like Melfs and/or BDB? The CL penalty lowers their DPS, ofc, but more proc chances for Shiradi seems like a good thing, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdane View Post
    thanks for sharing u build and that u dit take u time to explain it to me
    I'm glad the guide helped.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    How important is Meteor Swarm to this build? Wondering how well it works w/BF: sorc 16 / pal 2 / FvS 2. Mostly I just want an excuse to fast-forward to lvl 15 to try it out.
    Meteor Swarm is pretty important. You'd also lose fire spell power/spell points but gain +18 to saves and some PRR. Up to you.

Also, I presume the Mental Toughnesses are the crit bonuses more than the extra SPs?
    I choose it for the extra SP. The crit chance is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdane View Post
    It looks like you're relying on no-save DPS more than anything w/saves. With that in mind, what do you think about adding a couple more acid spells, like Melfs and/or BDB? The CL penalty lowers their DPS, ofc, but more proc chances for Shiradi seems like a good thing, if nothing else.
    Could definitely fit in BDB. Fitting in Melfs would be hard.

Again, DOTs only proc shiradi on the initial tic. Melf's or BDB is only 1 shiradi proc, not very good.

Community Member

Default Curious noob

when you level up the fws ranks ? just just simple as 18 sorc and then 2 fws or did you take fws levels between sorc levels ?

sorry...i'm noob and i know that.

Quote Originally Posted by htp20000 View Post
    when you level up the fws ranks ? just just simple as 18 sorc and then 2 fws or did you take fws levels between sorc levels ?

sorry...i'm noob and i know that.
    Your not a NOOB....your a Newb. NOOB's don't realize they are NOOB's. Big difference.

Newb = good
    NOOB = bad

Quote Originally Posted by htp20000 View Post
    It's probably best to go pure sorc to 18, bank levels, then take Fvs.

With the introduction of new Warpriest Enhancements. The build gained 10 PRR and +15 HP. At the loss of 3 Fire Spell power/8 other Spell Power and 16 SP. Pretty good trade off. I'll update post with new SS.
    Last edited by Rogann; 12-27-2013 at 03:04 PM.

If/when they ever release bladeforged for sale I am SOOO rolling one of these up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    If/when they ever release bladeforged for sale I am SOOO rolling one of these up...
    BF has to start pally, though. Or are you hoping they'll implement TRing into BF (and won't force you to be pally) by then?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast