Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    BF has to start pally, though. Or are you hoping they'll implement TRing into BF (and won't force you to be pally) by then?
    I would at that point make a 16/2pal/2fvs version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Interesting, I have one question though.

I noticed that there are no enhancement points put into air savant. The reason for doing so is that sonic is the biggest % proc from the shiradi ED.

I was under the impression that elemental power ups from a savant enhancement tree would increase the damage from shiradi procs, is this not the case?

If not I can see that the scorcher would probably be better, if they do, then surely powering up sonic would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfspyryt View Post
    Interesting, I have one question though.

I noticed that there are no enhancement points put into air savant. The reason for doing so is that sonic is the biggest % proc from the shiradi ED.

I was under the impression that elemental power ups from a savant enhancement tree would increase the damage from shiradi procs, is this not the case?

If not I can see that the scorcher would probably be better, if they do, then surely powering up sonic would be better.
    Putting points beyond the first innate into air savant is a huge waste. I don't see a point in speccing air savant for a 7% chance 10d10 shiradi proc. I'd rather build towards a spell that has more damage and a 1.5 sec CD.
    Last edited by Rogann; 10-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Nice job on this OP. I have been playing something almost exactly like this for a while now and it is awesome.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Default Playing a similar build

except that I have a level of wizard

Lose:
    Lvl 9 spells (one slot)
    1 reflex/fort save
    T5 core "elemental persistence"

Gain:
    1 will save
    some spell points
    3 extra lvl 1 spell slots
    1 metamagic feat (I took heighten)
    magic missile SLA
    possibility of investment in subtle spellcasting, energy of the scholar, and spell critical T1 Archmage
    possibility of a skeleton pet (sometimes useful for soloing)

In all, I'm not sure I made the right choice but I enjoy the flavor.

+1 on your build--I think it's both simple and really effective. Also, nice work on the layout.

Thanks Gimpforlife!
    Character Compendium

Default Also

Did you think about taking a 1 level splash of something else, and if so, what would it be?

Additionally, why no fire SLAs? Do they just waste time when you can be building up Immolation stacks with scorching ray?

Do you use the Nimbus of Light spell from FvS or is that also just a waste of time in the cycle?

Thanks.
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post
    Did you think about taking a 1 level splash of something else, and if so, what would it be?
    No

Additionally, why no fire SLAs? Do they just waste time when you can be building up Immolation stacks with scorching ray?
    All sorc SLA's are useless.

Do you use the Nimbus of Light spell from FvS or is that also just a waste of time in the cycle?
    Nimbus is useless.

After trying a variation of this build at level 16(2FvS/2Mnk/12 Sorc), I noticed that the temporary spellpoints don't seem to be working correctly. I was getting them, but then they appeared to be immediately subtracted from my total spellpoints as well. The net effect was that it didn't appear to be saving me any SP at all, and in some cases I coudl swear I was being double charged for spells.

Can someone break down the math and mechanics of exactly how this is supposed to work? Because it didn't seem to be working at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffgar View Post
    After trying a variation of this build at level 16(2FvS/2Mnk/12 Sorc), I noticed that the temporary spellpoints don't seem to be working correctly. I was getting them, but then they appeared to be immediately subtracted from my total spellpoints as well. The net effect was that it didn't appear to be saving me any SP at all, and in some cases I coudl swear I was being double charged for spells.

Can someone break down the math and mechanics of exactly how this is supposed to work? Because it didn't seem to be working at all.
    You may be confused about a graphics bug.

Whenever you score a crit and gain temp SP. Its adds to your blue Sp bar and in brackets. Example: (+13).

The brackets never exceed your Temp SP cap. Mine is 13. However, the SP added to your blue SP bar keeps on going if you spam spells. It resets back to normal once you stop spamming spells.

^ I only had (2) Temp SP but since the blue bar keeps climbing whenever you score a crit. It shows the wrong amount. (In this case, a very wrong amount lol)

except that I have a level of wizard

Lose:
    Lvl 9 spells (one slot)
    1 reflex/fort save
    T5 core "elemental persistence"

Gain:
    1 will save
    some spell points
    3 extra lvl 1 spell slots
    1 metamagic feat (I took heighten)
    magic missile SLA
    possibility of investment in subtle spellcasting, energy of the scholar, and spell critical T1 Archmage
    possibility of a skeleton pet (sometimes useful for soloing)

In all, I'm not sure I made the right choice but I enjoy the flavor.

+1 on your build--I think it's both simple and really effective. Also, nice work on the layout.

Thanks Gimpforlife!
    An interesting idea but your MM SLA (and level 1 wizard spells) will only have 1 caster level so that means you only get 1 magic missle. If you want to get up to 9 wizards caster levels I think it would take 4 FvS levels, epic chrono set and Twilight. That is a lot of investment in gear slots....

Updated post with new enhancements.

Gained: 10 PRR, 15 HP, free level 1 spell slot.

Loss: 42 SP (2 Charisma)

Also tried soloing EE What Goes Up(using this build). Got to end and destroyed all pillars only using 1 shrine. End boss bugged, quest was uncompletable.
    Last edited by Rogann; 12-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Updated post with new enhancements.

Gained: 10 PRR, 15 HP, free level 1 spell slot.

Loss: 42 SP (2 Charisma)

Also tried soloing EE What Goes Up(using this build). Got to end and destroyed all pillars only using 1 shrine. End boss bugged, quest was uncompletable.
    You also lose some USP by putting points in warpriest/EK rather than AoV (or Fire Savant). How do you get a free level 1 spell slot via enhancements?

How do you solo EE What goes up with this build? You don't have evasion and your saves must be low.... You don't have a problem vs casters?

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    You also lose some USP by putting points in warpriest/EK rather than AoV (or Fire Savant).
    Yea, did the math when I posted the update on Eldritch Knight enhancements. A loss of 3.25 USP didn't seem worth mentioning. As far as Warpriest goes, you can gain 6-8 USP and some more SP but I prefer defence over minor offensive gain.

How do you get a free level 1 spell slot via enhancements?
    Improved Shield from Eldritch Knight allows Nightshield to be changed out for another spell.

How do you solo EE What goes up with this build? You don't have evasion and your saves must be low.... You don't have a problem vs casters?
    The only issue I had were the Orc priest's using Soundburst. I got stunned a few times but I only pulled 1-2 mobs each time. I used Fireshield scrolls for Web. Other than that everything was rather easy up to the bugged boss.

Any thoughts on using a Bladeforged. It seems that the Charisma and SLA Recon would give a nice synergy. I just eTR'd my WF bard and am thinking about LR+20'ing him into a WIZ past live and then heroic TRing into a bladeforged version of this... looking for pointers.

I have +2 tomes all around and +3s in STR, INT, and WIS and a +5 in CON.

I am trying to figure out what it is about The Mechadi Champion that regens SPs to make it's MMs so efficient. For some reason I think it was something in the FvS line so shouldn't that be worked in here too?
    Olds, Proud Member of The Silver Legion on Cannith
    http://www.guildmedieval.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Olds-cool View Post
    Any thoughts on using a Bladeforged. It seems that the Charisma and SLA Recon would give a nice synergy.
    I prefer to stay 18 sorc/2 fvs. As far as becoming a bladeforged, its viable.

I just eTR'd my WF bard and am thinking about LR+20'ing him into a WIZ past live and then heroic TRing into a bladeforged version of this... looking for pointers.
    Go Sorc pastlife instead. Gain like 210 SP. Can definitely go Bladeforged. You're just going to miss out on Meteor swarm.

I have +2 tomes all around and +3s in STR, INT, and WIS and a +5 in CON.
    That should be fine.

I am trying to figure out what it is about The Mechadi Champion that regens SPs to make it's MMs so efficient. For some reason I think it was something in the FvS line so shouldn't that be worked in here too?
    The whole point of this build having 2 Fvs was gaining SP off of Force/Fire spells. "Just Reward", tier two.

Community Member

Never ran EE before, so these questions may have simple answers:

Why have blur in a lvl 2 slot, and displacement in lvl 3 slot? Do fights last longer than 2 minutes & leave you unable to recast displacement?

I've been leveling as a Air/Cold Sorc trying to get to Shiradi/enough favor to get free favored soul. I have a lot of success with electric loop dazing enemies. Are the saves too high in EE for using E.loop as crowd control to be at all viable?

Is Touch of Idiocy a good anti-caster spell in EE? Or are the stats just too high for it to matter?

Would love to see other people lay out their builds like this and I do want to try this one at some point

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Stopped being lazy. Refined/updated the thread. Added new Spell list SS, tips and tricks, spell rotations and a new intro. New item build and Epic Destiny Twists should be up in the near future. I wont be listing Thunderholme weapons in the gear list. To much grind. The build got a solid buff from the introduction of the "Divine Crusader". New best in slot tier 2 and 3 twists.

EDIT: Everything is updated, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsg View Post
    Never ran EE before, so these questions may have simple answers:

Why have blur in a lvl 2 slot, and displacement in lvl 3 slot? Do fights last longer than 2 minutes & leave you unable to recast displacement?
    Sorry for the late reply, haven't been playing DDO much. Blur is there in case you forget to re-cast Displacement or have no need for Displacement in short fights.

Are the saves too high in EE for using E.loop as crowd control to be at all viable?
    Saves are too high in EE.

Is Touch of Idiocy a good anti-caster spell in EE? Or are the stats just too high for it to matter?
    Not a viable spell to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Would love to see other people lay out their builds like this and I do want to try this one at some point
    Glad you liked the guide.
    Last edited by Rogann; 04-11-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Stopped being lazy and updated the guide for U25. Only the gear needed updating. So I made the most optimal item build. Enjoy
    Last edited by Rogann; 06-04-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast