Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Where and how to encounter dragons?

I just started playing Dungeons and Dragons Online, and am in currently in the tutorial levels. My goal in the game is to encounter dragons. I would like to search and hunt, fight, interact and communicate, and do other stuff involving them. Since I am new, I was hoping that I can find out where and how I can encounter dragons. What all do I need to do? My favorite is the red dragon, and I would like to find that species for sure.

I know that this will not be a simple process, and that I may be asking for a whoopin'. But the dragons are what I want to spend the most time with in this game.

First off, welcome to DDO. I always love seeing new blood on the forums!

Secondly, yes you'll encounter a few dragons in game. I'm going to hand you a nice fishing rod so to speak, the DDO Wiki. It'll become an invaluable resource for you during your time here. Between that awesome resource, and the small group of helpful players on the forums you ought to be in good hands.

Welcome to Eberron, I hope you have a fantastic stay!

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quests with Dragons in them:

Plane of Night: Red Dragon raid boss
    Mired in Kobolds: Black Dragon optional fight
    Gianthold Tor: Black Dragon, White Dragon, and Blue Dragon optional fights
    Epic Ruins of Gianthold Wilderness: rare Dragon spawns
    Don't Drink the Water: Green Dragon
    King's Forest Wilderness: Green Dragon spawn
    Prey on the Hunter: optional 2 White Dragon fight
    Fall of Truth: Dracolich raid boss

There's probably others, but that's all I can think of for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post

There are two black dragons in Mired. Only one fight is optional; the other is the end boss and a required kill for completion of the quest.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Default Other dragons to interact with

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Hunter1 View Post
    I just started playing Dungeons and Dragons Online, and am in currently in the tutorial levels. My goal in the game is to encounter dragons. I would like to search and hunt, fight, interact and communicate, and do other stuff involving them. Since I am new, I was hoping that I can find out where and how I can encounter dragons. What all do I need to do? My favorite is the red dragon, and I would like to find that species for sure.

I know that this will not be a simple process, and that I may be asking for a whoopin'. But the dragons are what I want to spend the most time with in this game.
    Welcome to the game!

Another one to add is the Sharn Syndicate series, of which one of the quest givers is a dragon. Look in the Marketplace near the bank - there are 2 dragons there. Also the Chronoscope Raid has some nice "easter-egg" appearances of dragons. The ones I mention here are mostly in "human" form...

There's also a dragon in Ataraxia's Haven... but I'll not give that one away and let you discover that one for yourself!

EDIT: and, oh, Misery's Peak on Korthos Island (starter quests) also includes a White Dragon, however is not directly interacted with (luckily, at that level!)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

There one in the Korthos end quest but you don't get much in the way of interaction with it.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Kobolds are considered a Draconic race, right? Right?!
    Go find the nearest Sewer and make yourself at home.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Default best place to talk to a dragon

In Litany of the Dead you have a nice dicussion with a dragon.

Oh yeah, there's also a Red Dragon rare spawn in the Underdark.
    Also the Mabar Festival, when it rolls around, has a Spectral Dragon boss fight.
    Last edited by Saravis; 09-10-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    There one in the Korthos end quest but you don't get much in the way of interaction with it.
    Really? I think last time I was around that level I threw something at it, and a very low yellow number floated above its head. But I don't think it noticed... probably just another mosquito bite in the scheme of things. However, you do get to interact more with that one later on...

Also, you'll see it if you look up at the right time when you're still on Korthos, before you leave the island...
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Meetch1972 View Post
    Really? I think last time I was around that level I threw something at it, and a very low yellow number floated above its head. But I don't think it noticed... probably just another mosquito bite in the scheme of things. However, you do get to interact more with that one later on...

Also, you'll see it if you look up at the right time when you're still on Korthos, before you leave the island...
    I'm SO gonna Fury Shot her now....

There is a series of blog postings with dragon information here:

http://www.gamergeoff.com/dragondex-...black-dragons/

2014 DDO Players Council

Two different Green dragons in King's Forest, actually, in 2 different spots. Everyone seems to know about the one by the pond at the center-west of the map, but it seems quite a few don't know about the one in the mountain crater in the south-west.

Also:

White dragon in Storm Horns wilderness. Plus the journals hinted there might be a Red dragon around there, too, though I haven't seen him yet.

I believe there is a huge red dragon at the end of an evening star challenge. http://ddowiki.com/page/Ring_of_Fire

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

Also:

White dragon in Storm Horns wilderness. Plus the journals hinted there might be a Red dragon around there, too, though I haven't seen him yet.
    He's there.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Two different Green dragons in King's Forest, actually, in 2 different spots. Everyone seems to know about the one by the pond at the center-west of the map, but it seems quite a few don't know about the one in the mountain crater in the south-west.

Also:

yes there is a red dragon. its spawn point well one of i know of is over by journal 41 on epic stormhorn so near breaking the ranks. also there is a white dragon as well in stormhorn. it is near the north cave on the far west side of the map. you meet a dracolich again in Breaking the ranks. sadly he wont come down and say hi

Community Member

You also get a quest from a dragon in Reaver's Refuge, that's at Level 17. Also, there's a bunch of dragons in Stormreach Marketplace, just south of the entrance of the Bank. They're shapeshifted to humanoid form, though But occasionally one will land in dragon form, and knock you on your butt if you're there.

You can also get a pseudodragon pet - I'm not sure if its still available, though. Its like a tiny dragon that follows you around, I think you can teach it tricks, but it costs actual money and is completely cosmetic (ie, it has no actual in-game effect).

I might caution you, though - most of the time there isn't much "interaction" going on with dragons, they're usually just huge bags of HP you have to kill, while avoiding them killing you. Its not a very complex or involved relationship.

Those that don't just try to eat you on sight, are usually just quest giver NPCs, that will spout a few lines of lore text, give you some dialog options, and then proceed to ignore you're there.

I believe one of the Cannith challenges has a (spectral?) dragon in them. Only ever seen it once.

Your best bet is Mired in Kobolds in heroic, or Gianthold Tor. Bot are supremely fun quests.

The dragon from Misery's Peak (Aussircaex) is the same dragon in Prey On the Hunter. Just one of many NPCs you encounter throughout the world in multiple places.

Just a question - are you free to play or premium/VIP? Many dragon encounters are located in quests you will have to pay to access, or find people nice enough to give you a guest pass. I still love that first glimpse of the above-mentioned dragon in Misery's Peak.
    Kirilin - Mechanos - Mikayli - Penyn -Saurrel - Serahna - Skellyton - Taiori - Tarhyn
    The Templars of Eberron -Orien Server

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast