Default Wheloon's Lagmo Bismol

My initial opinion of Wheloon was pretty low. Maybe a D. After getting to know the quests better and using the area to get Oversword PDK, I've upgraded that opinion to a C+. I like the Wildy. I LOVE shadows - can you say CREEPY!!! I like the story, though it could be stronger. I like the quests, almost. That is, designed-in Red Dungeon Alert is massively Bogus. Redesign these with a smarter challenge mechanic and I'd up the score to a B-.

Where Wheloon falls down is the atrocious pink puke we have to wade through. The dev responsible must have had some bad tummy trouble, and thought it up through his Pepto Bismol fugue. Lag inducing, ugly, annoying to see through, annoying to fight in, Lagmo Bismol. If it wasn't for that crud, I could see giving Wheloon an A-.

Of course, the chain needs some mob diversity and a RAID, but overall It's a great new area. Just please reconsider the putrid pink puss we have to play in.

Community Member

It doesn't induce lag for me, and I wouldn't have any problem with it except it makes it really difficult to see when the dang assassins whip out their chains.

I am starting to think the chain attack needs to either stack fewer times or have a longer cool-down (or possibly both). When you get more than two of those jerks on you it can become very annoying very fast running around every few seconds because they spam that chain. My character doesn't seem to have that short of a cool-down, but that could just because there is only one of me.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    It doesn't induce lag for me, and I wouldn't have any problem with it except it makes it really difficult to see when the dang assassins whip out their chains.

I am starting to think the chain attack needs to either stack fewer times or have a longer cool-down (or possibly both). When you get more than two of those jerks on you it can become very annoying very fast running around every few seconds because they spam that chain. My character doesn't seem to have that short of a cool-down, but that could just because there is only one of me.
    I know... mobs that can actually hurt players, need to be nerfed ASAP! Slowing down our xp per minute!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    I know... mobs that can actually hurt players, need to be nerfed ASAP! Slowing down our xp per minute!
    Bah, it isn't that they hurt, all you have to do is run away when they whip out the chain, and if you have hirelings click on the little footy-prints. It just makes it take longer to take out the trash, just like scorpions that burrow, the phase spiders that stay 'phased' and the incorporals that fade out. They aren't any more dangerous, just more annoying.

Personally I think if multiple ones use the chain attack at the same time they should get entangled, but that is asking too much. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

I think the chain attack is over-powered, but my take on why/how is because the stacking effect builds up too quickly. I found them absolutely murderous at first, but after reading about them here on the forums, I gave it another try and was generally able to dance out of the AoE before getting clobbered. But, one time I messed up and got trapped in the AoE for, I think, about two seconds after the first damage --and after escaping I found that I'd already accumulated 7 stacks! Not sure the chain even went around seven times in that amount of time...

Also meant to add, I have no problem with lag due to the Shadowfell, and am actually pretty happy with the graphic effect, as well as the eerie music. It's harder to see than in daylight, but easier than at night. OTOH, the toon I've been running the content with is all about stealth and knives in the back, so I have plenty of time to make sense of what I'm seeing, and there aren't any spell effects involved; zergers or spellcasters might get different results, for all I know. And I haven't played "What Goes Up" yet.
    Last edited by Arlannis; 09-11-2013 at 04:14 AM.