Community Member

Default Wow...I just made a huge mistake.

Ok, so I take a 3rd lifer to level 8 and use a stoe to get him to level 19. Sweet...all worked perfectly. Except I forgot to bank level 19 and for the first time, I took level 19 on a toon.

In the past I have always just banked my XP and went from 18-20 and skipped 19. Now I remember why I did that. Great googly moogly is the XP on level 19 atrocious. Just ran a 19th level quest in Eveningstar for a whopping 11k, and that was with a 50% pot running. Ugh...

Community Member

Its a minor mistake, not a huge one...the difference between running most quests at L18 vs L19 is only 10%. You can still do IQ and Vale and stuff with just a minor penalty. With the daily playthrough bonuses, you shouldn't even notice that much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    Just ran a 19th level quest in Eveningstar for a whopping 11k, and that was with a 50% pot running. Ugh...
    Looks like the only big mistake you made was in quet selection. Level 19? Reavers Refuge, Sane Assylum, a trip through the Vale and done.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Looks like the only big mistake you made was in quet selection. Level 19? Reavers Refuge, Sane Assylum, a trip through the Vale and done.
    Agreed. Run the good quests with a 10% penalty instead of the bad quests at no penalty. Yeah, it would have been better to hold 18, but in the end, it's a minor 10% xp loss over the course of one level. Not a major mistake at all.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Ok, so I take a 3rd lifer to level 8 and use a stoe to get him to level 19. Sweet...all worked perfectly. Except I forgot to bank level 19 and for the first time, I took level 19 on a toon.

In the past I have always just banked my XP and went from 18-20 and skipped 19. Now I remember why I did that. Great googly moogly is the XP on level 19 atrocious. Just ran a 19th level quest in Eveningstar for a whopping 11k, and that was with a 50% pot running. Ugh...

Nah, a great Mistake is when you save yourself your Otttto's Box forthe annoyig Wizard live you want, but you dont like playing Wizards.

You get everything set up, gulp your XP pot, eat the Stone, level up all going well. And then you notice you stop leveling at 17th level.

Because you accidentally drank a +30% XP-Pot, instead of the +50%er you had set aside.

And now i have to earn about 1 Million XP on a class i dont like.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Lets recap:

You play for 8 levels (thats a second in DDO time, even a 3rd life), then you use an item and are thrown to level 19, and are complaining you will have xp penalty? You play for a fraction of the time someone usually plays to get a character to level 19, and are complaining because you "need to do more quests" ?

Great. All we need now is people asking for a stone to level 28 to be used at level 1, I guess...
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Quote Originally Posted by msdesign View Post
    Great. All we need now is people asking for a stone to level 28 to be used at level 1, I guess...
    I'd prefer a Stone of Past life: <insert class> myself so I wouldn't have to re-level my main class.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    This. If that doesn't work, IQ on BB is decent xp, albeit not that fun.
    Hell, the last few lives I've gone from 1-20 without holding levels, purely because I can. It works fine.

However, key areas to avoid: Evenginstar (unless it's challenges. They're 25k/10 minutes, not too bad). Amarath (one quest is good as a caster, if you know what you're doing). House C manufactory. 50 shades of painful. (Although the loot is nice)
    But seriously, it's easy. A huge mistake is forgetting that 50% xp pot on a barb.

Community Member

Lets recap:

You play for 8 levels (thats a second in DDO time, even a 3rd life), then you use an item and are thrown to level 19, and are complaining you will have xp penalty? You play for a fraction of the time someone usually plays to get a character to level 19, and are complaining because you "need to do more quests" ?

Uhhhmmmm.....no. Not what I said at all. I was simply surprised that the level 19 quest xp is so atrocious. My post had zero to do with your assumptions. Can I go to the Vale and get XP, of course. Will the penalty hurt? Probably not, but I am puzzled over why there tends to be such a wide discrepancy between the quest xp for level. Also, because of the bravery bonus it isn't as easy as you would think to find a group to go there. I dislike soloing and prefer grouping.

I also underestimated how much xp is out there for just explorers and slayers. I hit the Orchard, Vale and High Road last night for some nice xp.

Maybe my OP was a tad on the melodramatic side but I *was* genuinely stunned at how bad the *at level* XP was for a 19th level toon.

(...)

Maybe my OP was a tad on the melodramatic side but I *was* genuinely stunned at how bad the *at level* XP was for a 19th level toon.
    Just a tad

Like the end of the world or something... lol

But I do share some of your thoughts. I have a level 19 3rd life sorc, and specially now that I have done a LR on that toon after the new enhancement system went live, and basically, they screwed my toon. I don't feel the same fun now playing with it, but because of the changes they made, not because of the low xp. I still need to do Reavers quests, slayers, and so on, and get a bit more from Vale and Orchard. IQ quests are done and more than farmed. Will explore some more when I can, since I don't have all the high level packs.
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Big deal, run some explorers and do the Vale and Reaver's Refuge quests. You've got every quest from level 14 (16 on elite) to 19. There is absolutely no reason to only do level 19 quests. Explorers are exceptionally good experience and fast (especially since you still have that 50% pot running right?). Surely there are quests you enjoy in the 14-19 range?

(The correct answer to that is "Don't call me Shirley")
    Last edited by Thrudh; 09-10-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    I'd prefer a Stone of Past life: <insert class> myself so I wouldn't have to re-level my main class.
    But...leveling in your main class is at least fun. Putting past lives behind you is like work.

Quote Originally Posted by msdesign View Post
    Just a tad

Like the end of the world or something... lol

But I do share some of your thoughts. I have a level 19 3rd life sorc, and specially now that I have done a LR on that toon after the new enhancement system went live, and basically, they screwed my toon. I don't feel the same fun now playing with it, but because of the changes they made, not because of the low xp. I still need to do Reavers quests, slayers, and so on, and get a bit more from Vale and Orchard. IQ quests are done and more than farmed. Will explore some more when I can, since I don't have all the high level packs.
    Uhm, please don't take this the wrong way, but how did the enhancement pass screw your toon? It only improved both my sorcs - not dramatically, but enough to make me pleased.

Ah. that's different.. Your post should have been all about that, not that you made a big mistake.

I agree... I have no idea why the devs haven't raised the xp in Amrath and Cannith. We've asked them to do this a hundred times. The IQ quests are fine because they are fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Ah. that's different.. Your post should have been all about that, not that you made a big mistake.

I agree... I have no idea why the devs haven't raised the xp in Amrath and Cannith. We've asked them to do this a hundred times. The IQ quests are fine because they are fast.
    It could be because they compare them to explorer zones, which apparently, are "exceptionally good experience and fast"

Uhm, please don't take this the wrong way, but how did the enhancement pass screw your toon? It only improved both my sorcs - not dramatically, but enough to make me pleased.
    Well, I'll explain:

First, I got a lot of work through 3 lifes to reach 3.000 SP by level 19. The day after I reach this personal goal, they released the enhancement pass and took me away about 300 SP. Not critical, but annoying. I was loving that round number...

Second, altough I feel this character is still strong and packs quite a punch on each hit, I had to do the LR to adjust several things like feats and so on. As this was not originally intended by myself, I ended up forgetting 2 things:

1. The eyes style. My elf sorc now looks a bit demonic.
    2. The UMD skill points as I was leveling up. The scrolls and wands I usually carry rarely had a failed attempt (raise dead, restoration, csw,...). Now I need to carry extra scrolls because even with GH I will prolly need 2 or 3 attempts to use them.

This is why I feel my toon borked after the enhancement pass. I like the enhancement tree, I love the 650 HP 28 pt level 20 monk build I have now, but my sorc...

Yes this was my bad, but this was a forced LR, I was too focused thinking on the feats I wanted to have in a feat-starved class.

Need to wait until I buy a Heart of wood or, get to 20 and tr. I won't be bothered by 1 level anyway, and I have other mmos to play right now.
    Last edited by msdesign; 09-10-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    [Ghallanda]

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    But...leveling in your main class is at least fun. Putting past lives behind you is like work.
    I'll reveal you a secret: nobody forces you to grab past lives if you don't like playing the class. But you are lucky, they are selling PLs in the store, so you can buy them and be proud of your store bought completionist
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Its not that BIG of a deal.... End of story