Default DPS Calculation Help Please

I was just wondering how to calculate DPS because I wanted to get an undead bow for killing the undead but I'm not sure which to go for.

I have a +7 Flaming V Longbow of Ghostbane V, and a Bow of the Silver Flame(which can be Epicced... eventually)

Lvl 24 AA with 44 Dex(+22) with Dex to Dmg for Longbows. IC:Ranged, Heavy Draw(+5 ranged dmg), Favored Enemy(+2 dmg + another +2 for having a 6th favored enemy), +3% doubleshot, Archer's Focus(+50% ranged dmg at 25 stacks), 5 Sneak Attack Dice, +2 artifact dmg, +6 sneak attack dmg.

Oi Now i feel sick... Too many numbers.

Anyone know any good DPS calculators?
    Robi's Free to Play Guide
    Khyber... DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
    I play as: Nagasnake, Olmanjenkins, Tyrogan, Chicobo, Torriin, Kensaito, Koruna, and Goldenac.

Community Member

Umm most of that is just going to factor out, since it applies evenly to both...since you're AA already, the DR breaking aspect doesn't matter (Morphic Arrows anyway, or Metalline Arrows vs. vampires with DR/Silver), so you're just looking at the bows themselves. Assume an Epic SFB, so the base damage and crit profile are the same. So you're really just talking about +7, Flaming V, Ghostbane V vs. +8 (+6+2 from Undead Bane), Holy Burst, 2d6 Bane dmg and -20% Fort.

I don't know what the numbers are for Flaming and Ghostbane V...5d4 flaming, 5d4 bane damage? 10d4 is worth 25. Holy Burst is 4.9, Undead Bane is 7, the -% fort is about 2.52 (based on the +damage you said), and the enchantment difference is 1 (total: 15.42), so the Flaming of Ghostbane wins in terms of DPS.

Only time the ESFB would win would be vs undead immune to fire, but even then not by a lot (15.42 vs 12.5)

....its actually a good example of how the new lootgen stuff is making old named items largely obsolete. Why bother grinding out something like an ESFB when a lootgen item is almost universally better?
    Last edited by droid327; 09-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Umm most of that is just going to factor out, since it applies evenly to both...since you're AA already, the DR breaking aspect doesn't matter (Morphic Arrows anyway, or Metalline Arrows vs. vampires with DR/Silver), so you're just looking at the bows themselves. Assume an Epic SFB, so the base damage and crit profile are the same. So you're really just talking about +7, Flaming V, Ghostbane V vs. +8 (+6+2 from Undead Bane), Holy Burst, 2d6 Bane dmg and -20% Fort.

I don't know what the numbers are for Flaming and Ghostbane V...5d4 flaming, 5d4 bane damage? 10d4 is worth 25. Holy Burst is 4.9, Undead Bane is 7, the -% fort is about 2.52 (based on the +damage you said), and the enchantment difference is 1 (total: 15.42), so the Flaming of Ghostbane wins in terms of DPS.

Only time the ESFB would win would be vs undead immune to fire, but even then not by a lot (15.42 vs 12.5)

....its actually a good example of how the new lootgen stuff is making old named items largely obsolete. Why bother grinding out something like an ESFB when a lootgen item is almost universally better?
    But wouldn't the -Fortification allow me to do sneak attack damage too?
    Robi's Free to Play Guide
    Khyber... DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
    I play as: Nagasnake, Olmanjenkins, Tyrogan, Chicobo, Torriin, Kensaito, Koruna, and Goldenac.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTakenaka View Post
    Then we need to know the exact fort of the mob. Assumptions suck.

*edit* I know of no DPS calcs. I do it all by hand, because it's quite easy.
    4d6 -> 4-24. 4+24=28. 28/2 = 14. So, avg of 4d6 is 14. Rinse and repeat for all numbers.
    In regards to crit profile, you can cheat with a little bit of algebra. Or, you can work it out by hand. I cheat though. c:
    Last edited by Soulfurnace; 09-09-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTakenaka View Post
    I thought undead are actually Sneak Immune, not just 100% Fort, but not entirely sure. Regardless, -20% fort (with 5 sneak die and +6 sneak damage) would only give you another 4.7 damage. Not enough to tip the scales.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Then we need to know the exact fort of the mob. Assumptions suck.
    Assuming 100% fort, ie the most advantageous situation. If its more than 100%, then -20% fort is worth less. If its less than 20% fort, its worth less. But at most, its worth 4.7 damage.

You're probably running with Precision, too, so that extends the "useful range" to 125%. I have no idea what fort most Undead mobs have at various levels, though, to judge if that's a reasonable real-life estimate. If most Undead have 150%+ fort by L21 and above, then value ESFB even less.