Community Member

Default Help me flesh a pale kensai out

im getting ready to tr again and get a 2nd wizard life but i didnt want to run another wizard as a caster.
    i was thinking 12wizard/6fighter/2monk
    the goal is a 36p tensored twf wraithform extended death auras and displacements

im unsure of the stat distribution i used to be on point with these things but i pretty much just got back to the game and i have no idea what im doing hehe
    i got +1/2/3 tomes for every stat

i was thinking along the lines of 12 to 14 int before tomes and 15 dex for the twf line and then pump the rest into str/con
    since i dont know where the builder is anymore im very unsure of how the feats fit but im hopeing that split will get enough of em to pick up most of the essential ones

i had been thinking on going wf for the free fort +2 con & willsave and +40 hp but its so many ap's im unsure if i il have enough to pick them all up 17 points intp the racial tree and 34(32?) into pale master, leaves me with 29(31?) points for the kensai and maybe a monk enchantment or 2
    since the enchantment pass imreally unsure of the best race would be for this type of gimp but you know wf is the arcane race so why not.

i am going to tr a third time aswell but when i reach 20 with it il atleast stack up as much ED xp as i can before i tr so it will see some epic content

i had a variant thought up aswell a 6ranger instead and dump the dex completly and go with insightfull reflexes and more int but eh im not to sure about that version

i run a 32p 17cleric 2monk 1 fighter twf radiant servant ( still in lvling phase) and i love it, but im not sure that would work out well with a wizard as main class i dont tthink il be able to pick up all the feats iirc due to bab restrictions (17wiz/2mnk/1figt)

Default Punpunpunpunpunpunpun

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeri View Post
    i run a 32p 17cleric 2monk 1 fighter twf radiant servant ( still in lvling phase) and i love it, but im not sure that would work out well with a wizard as main class i dont tthink il be able to pick up all the feats iirc due to bab restrictions (17wiz/2mnk/1figt)
    If you don't mind waiting you could take the fighter level at 20 and use the fighter feat for GTWF. 17 wizard provides 8.5 bab, 2 monk provides 1.5 bab, and fighter adds 1 for a total of 11 (just enough for GTWF or GTHF).

with 3 monk you could use DEX for Attack and Damage as long as you are centered and using piercing or slashing weapons (ninja spy).
    with 8 fighter you can remain centered with any weapon in your focus (one with the blade is a tier 5 kensei ability though)
    with 3 rogue you could use DEX for Attack and Damage with quarterstaves and light weapons.

I think there might be some synergy between wizard and assassin using a high INT for better poison/assassinate DC's, but I haven't figured out the build yet.
    I was thinking either 17 wizard/3 rogue, or 12 wizard/7 rogue/1 monk or fighter

Hope you find what you're looking for,
    -PaxsMickey

Quote Originally Posted by Paxsmickey View Post
    If you don't mind waiting you could take the fighter level at 20 and use the fighter feat for GTWF. 17 wizard provides 8.5 bab, 2 monk provides 1.5 bab, and fighter adds 1 for a total of 11 (just enough for GTWF or GTHF).
    I don't think DDO has ever used UA-style fractional BAB.

17 wizard provides 8 BAB. 2 monk provides 1 BAB.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I don't think DDO has ever used UA-style fractional BAB.

17 wizard provides 8 BAB. 2 monk provides 1 BAB.
    This is correct. I was surprised when I learnt that the hard way.

Community Member

ive seen deep rog splashed wizards but its not what i was planning on building i was trying to get away from the wiz/rog combo my current wizard is a wiz/rog and he is great aswell but i wanted to build something else for a change.

im looking for feedback on meele pms improved shroud wraith and displacements is so much dmg mitigation it almost feels wasted on a caster
    if i where to example pick human(or even elf) and get a decent light armor with no ASF i could probly keep up a nice Ac aswell if mobs manage to get past the shroud and displacement

the lvling order is also an issue
    1 monk 11 wizard 1 monk 1 wizard 6 fighter is what im thinking but il probly end up being so bad mid game(with the lack of meele feats) where these kinda builds rock that im not sure thats the order i should be going with, are there any merit in going wizard 6 for vampire form and start adding meele feats ?(or maybe after firewall?)

If you plan on taking improved shrouding, I think vampire form is a better melee choice than wraith, at least for heroic levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeri View Post
    im getting ready to tr again and get a 2nd wizard life but i didnt want to run another wizard as a caster.
    i was thinking 12wizard/6fighter/2monk
    the goal is a 36p tensored twf wraithform extended death auras and displacements

im unsure of the stat distribution i used to be on point with these things but i pretty much just got back to the game and i have no idea what im doing hehe
    i got +1/2/3 tomes for every stat

i was thinking along the lines of 12 to 14 int before tomes and 15 dex for the twf line and then pump the rest into str/con
    since i dont know where the builder is anymore im very unsure of how the feats fit but im hopeing that split will get enough of em to pick up most of the essential ones

i had been thinking on going wf for the free fort +2 con & willsave and +40 hp but its so many ap's im unsure if i il have enough to pick them all up 17 points intp the racial tree and 34(32?) into pale master, leaves me with 29(31?) points for the kensai and maybe a monk enchantment or 2
    since the enchantment pass imreally unsure of the best race would be for this type of gimp but you know wf is the arcane race so why not.

i am going to tr a third time aswell but when i reach 20 with it il atleast stack up as much ED xp as i can before i tr so it will see some epic content

i had a variant thought up aswell a 6ranger instead and dump the dex completly and go with insightfull reflexes and more int but eh im not to sure about that version

ditch palemaster, make a WF (you have acces to recontruct).

i did something similar (with great succes) with https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ariant-for-u19

Community Member

thats a nice refrence build thanks skavenaps but i dont think im willing to skip out on improved wraith form. my current wizard is nothing special you know the regular max con/int and put some in str to not get dunked and ive been wobbleing into all kinds of trouble with him and im not takeing any damage. mobs have a real hard time getting past those 35% incorp and 50% displacements and this is all while the aura is ticking away at some 30-90 points of health every few seconds even though i dont have a whops 300-500hp panic buttong the 150-250ish i get from negative energy burst keeps me wobbling into more trouble, i do like your build though but i might grab pm5 instead of the tempest 5

the main idea behind what im about to roll up was a meele pm that can actualy do dps thru the wraithform/displacement and the semi imortality it gives, although that ranger splash looks a whole lot more tempting then the 6 fighter one does. im not sure il ever use a bow or manyshot with it when i can just throw out a single ray spell to pull things with, i have to go over what a 31 tempest would give me in terms of dmg compared to the kensai.

i wonder whats better 31 points into the tempest tree or 31 points into the kensai tree.
    Last edited by Tokeri; 09-12-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Doesn't Keen Edge blow the doors off anything in the tempest tree?

Community Member

yea probly but i cant grab any tier 5 from those 2 tree's not improved evasion from tempest or keen edge from fighter. im getting improved shroud from pm tier 5. its quite tempting to maybe stay with 25% incorp from wraith form and pick up keen edge instead or improved evasion, but with the ammount of self healing il be able to muster out of pm it might just be better to go with keen edge compared to improved evasion

im checking up on the enchantments atm and to me it seems like tempest wins im not sure though but it looks like tempest is a head slightly if i only count core 3 and tier 4 with 10% more offhand procs and if i add in rams might its nudges is slighty more ahead but they both have pretty much the same line of 1+ to hit & dmg per tier

im not to sure il be able to pick up OC if i go the ranger route
    Last edited by Tokeri; 09-12-2013 at 08:44 PM.