Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2016 DDO Players Council ecgric's Avatar

Talking Tuesday Night Static Group LFM

Tuesday night no-twink static group is looking for 1 more player. We are playing Tuesday evenings 7-10pm Easter Time on Wayfinder. We are trying to duplicate some of the feel of the pen-and-paper style of Dungeons & Dragons.

Players of any skill level are welcome to join.

We already have a main tank, main healer, much DPS & descent trapper. Any character is welcome. We are currently at level 8 (rank 39), you are welcome to use any means necessary to catch up (including the use of Veteran Status, xp potions, existing character) as long as you do not use an XP tome. (Actually, if you want to use an XP tome to catch up, that's OK, but you will have to hold levels later. See rule 3). Basically, you can break all the XP rules when it comes to catching up.

Free, Premium & VIP are all welcome. Please be aware that Free & Premium will need to purchase some adventure packs. VIPs: be aware that your +10% XP bonus won't mean much in this group.

Here are the rules for those interested in joining us.

-: No Twinking.
    -: Characters only run in this group. (unless you need to make up for missing a night)
    -: All characters level together (rather obvious because of previous rule).
    -: Share loot among the party.
    -: Minimal zerging. We want this to feel like a group of dungeon explorers. That doesn't mean we explore every part of the quests though.
    -: No character items from DDO store. Account level items like adventure packs or shared banks are fine. Cosmetics are fine. Basically, no pay to win stuff.
    -: No using XP boosts. This means no Tomes of learning, no XP elixirs & no Slayer boosts. We are trying to maintain Bravery Bonus. We will likely run Delera's for Voice of the Master. We may eventually get an XP shrine for a guild airship at some point. We may also try to get Mantle of the Worldshaper. The Master's Gift & Pale Green Ioun Stone will be up for debate at a later time.
    -: Reasonable use of Auction House. Basically, no using the auction house to make major amounts of plat. We currently have no hard set rule for what is reasonable. Selling items on the auction house is fine, but be reasonable when setting your buyout price (I generally don't go more than the base price of the item). Purchasing from auction house is fine as long as that character has the money.
    -: Please handle all your character maintenance outside of the group game time. No one likes to have to wait around for others to empty their bags, buy consumables, level, gather quests, etc.
    -: Roll playing is allowed, though not required. The current members haven't gotten into much roll playing, but it is welcome.
    To give a bit more incentive to take our time in the quests (& to feel more like PnP), we are limiting the use of rest shrines & resurrection shrines.
    -: Rest shrines are basically "use it or lose it". No running way back to previously passed over rest shrines (we have occasionally backed up a couple of rooms), unless the quest calls for retracing steps. e.g.: Irestone Inlet requires you go back to Stained-Tusk where a rest shrine is & thus the shrine can be used either time.
    -: Resurrection shrines may be used during a quest, but at a penalty. One randomly equipped item is considered extensively & requires at least a few days to be repaired. This item must be unequipped & can not be used for the rest of the night.
    -: You may use the Daily Dice, but the XP rewards recently added may not be used.
    -: Skill Tomes are allowed, including those received from the Shadowfell pre-purchase.

PM me or reply to this thread if interested.
    Last edited by ecgric; 10-09-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Final Rule on Resurrection Shrines

Community Member

Are there still open slots in the group?

2016 DDO Players Council zman67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by learst View Post
    Are there still open slots in the group?
    Group still has 2 open slots

Community Member

Thanks. I will try to level up my character, but I doubt I can hit lvl 8 by tonight.

Community Member

I'd be interested. I can make a lvl 7 and start leveling to catch up. Any class/race/job preferences?

2016 DDO Players Council zman67's Avatar

Ecgric will have final say but I am sure that he would say play something yout want to play. We do have a tank(pal), dps(wiz), healer(cleric) and trapper(art/rog/bard). Any class combo is welcome. If you need some help to level I am logging on as Viconiia, pm for help.

Yes, play whatever interests you. It can be something you're comfortable with or something you've been wanting to try out. As for getting to level 8, you can use any mean you want to catch up. Basically, you can ignore all the rules while catching up to the group.

NOTE: I updated the rules regarding Resurrection shrines: "... Resurrection shrines can be used after a quest has been completed."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    I'd be interested. I can make a lvl 7 and start leveling to catch up. Any class/race/job preferences?
    Oh good point! I completely forgot about veteran status II. Then I could try to get a character at lvl 7 too.

I'm considering between a barb (which I've never tried before) and a ranger.

Depending on what you pick, peng, I could even try a druid. ;p

Edit: Btw peng, I'll try logging in about 20 minutes from now. Maybe we can level together?
    Last edited by learst; 10-01-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Community Member

Sure. I'm rolling up a dwarf light monk as I type this. I'm notoriously indecisive though, so by the time you log on, it might be something completely different . Name's flast.

Unhappy Resurrection Shrine Rule

I'm not feeling quite right about the change we made to the Resurrection Shrine rule. When we agreed to allow the use of the shrines after the quest is completed, I felt the intent was to allow for those tough situations when we made it to the end of the quest & couldn't quite get through the boss fight. I don't think it will be fun for anyone that has to sit through most of the quest as a ghost while everyone else runs to the completion. I feel there are a few options for rest shrine use...

1- Allowed only after quest completion, but this exception is only for deaths during a final battle.
    2- Each character is allowed one use of resurrection shrine per quest. Optionally, could apply a penalty of some kind.
    3- Full use of resurrection shrines, but at some kind of penalty. Perhaps one random equipped item is considered permanently lost due to damage beyond repair. I'm open to other penalty options.
    4- Full use of resurrection shrines until the group has access to resurrection spell. I'm not referring to scrolls, but memorized spell. Optionally, could still apply a penalty of some kind.
    5- Not allowed at all. This means if anyone dies & can not be resurrected by other means, the quest fails. This is how we started the group.
    6- ...or we could just leave absolutely no rule for resurrection shrines & use them whenever necessary.

Of course, any option could be used only until we get access to resurrection spells. Again, not referring to scrolls...

Everyone please think about this & voice your opinion either here or next Tuesday night.

Community Member

I'd say 1 raise shrine use per player per quest, or 1-3 per group per quest, or maybe 1 raise shrine per player per play session. I don't mind a penalty, but don't think I'd like a permanent penalty. Maybe a randomly equipped item can't be used in that quest or play session.

I like the idea of the penalty being that one random equipped item cannot be used the rest of the night. I would point out that this should actually be equipped, not something from your backpack. Oh, and equipped ammo doesn't count.

If we do a penalty like this, I could accept unlimited use of Res shrines. It just means you may be naked by the end of the night if you keep using res shrines.

Community Member

Yup, agreed that backpack riding isn't really fun for anyone. Can't use any item for that quest ("considered damaged from death) seems like a reasonable compromise.

Btw, penq, do you wanna run the first 4 parts of TR before next tuesday night? Maybe we could log in a bit earlier (1 hour?) before then and try to do those parts..

Community Member

Not sure I'll be able to be there this tuesday. I might be going out to dinner with family. I'll try to let you know before.

Quote Originally Posted by learst View Post
    Btw, penq, do you wanna run the first 4 parts of TR before next tuesday night? Maybe we could log in a bit earlier (1 hour?) before then and try to do those parts..
    If you want to try nowish, message me here, or qwp on wayfinder.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    Not sure I'll be able to be there this tuesday. I might be going out to dinner with family. I'll try to let you know before.

If you want to try nowish, message me here, or qwp on wayfinder.
    Unfortunately I'm at work now. And I can only log on a bit earlier before the guild run.

Hope you can gobble up dinner quickly and make it back in time!

Community Member

Sorry I couldn't make it. What level is everyone now? Did you finish the splinterskull chain? Are there any other chains I should get started?

We did finish Splinterskull. You won't need to start on any quest chains for next week. We are planning to start Sorrowdusk next week.

Benchmark for level right now is rank 42 (I have 377,665xp) , but we're currently holding at level 8.

I'm going to put together a master list to track what quests we have completed. I'll try to keep it updated each week. I'll PM everyone as soon as I have it done & uploaded (probably to Google docs). This will make it easier for anyone that misses a night to figure out what to run. Hopefully I can finish this tonight.

Default Completed Quests List is online

I set up a Google Drive spreadsheet with our completed quests. Check your Private Messages for the link.

Community Member

Thanks for making the spreadsheet. That's quite helpful.

I've got some stuff coming tonight, and I'm quite exhausted from a trip out yesterday. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay up and join you guys for tonight. If not I'll try to catch up with Sorrowdusk Isle over the weekends to keep on par with you guys.

Community Member

Sorry, I've got quite a bit of work tonight and need to get up early the next morning for a meeting. So I would not be able to join you guys for tonight.

Have fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast