Default Lesser Anti-Beholder Crystal...

I have one of these, and my character wore it through several runs of Ghosts of Perdition. He also wore it while encountering the rare beholder in the Orchard (more than once.)

It never absorbed any spells and still has full 20 charges. My character did not have his PLIS or his Mantle on at the time. I was level drained (after having my Death Ward dismissed) just as if I didn't have the crystal equipped.

Is this just bugged? Or is it supposed to be used some other way or in some other place?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Member

It might not work against Doomspheres...but the Beholder in Orchard (I'm pretty sure its not a Doomsphere, hm?) should function normally, in any case.

As far as I know, the beholder enervation ray gets through spell absorption such as the PLIS and the mantle. So I wouldn't be surprised if it got through the anti-beholder crystal as well.

The beholder energy drain effect will take charges from my pale lavender stone as well as give me the negative levels that I would've taken had I not put it on in the first place. It sucks, and I wish it would go back to the way it was before the anti-magic effected it. I wouldn't have run Dreaming Dark 20 times if I knew that this was going to happen.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wildbynature View Post
    The beholder energy drain effect will take charges from my pale lavender stone as well as give me the negative levels that I would've taken had I not put it on in the first place. It sucks, and I wish it would go back to the way it was before the anti-magic effected it. I wouldn't have run Dreaming Dark 20 times if I knew that this was going to happen.
    Try it with deathward and your PLIS. The anti-magic will still drain PLIS charges, but you'll keep your buffs, such as DW.

And yes, I literally just tested this to make sure it still works the same way it's always been.