Community Member

Default Isn't death ward supposed to protect against negative levels?

The hidden effect on the Bracers of the Demon Consort that has a chance to give you negative levels on being struck is bypassing death ward. Wearing a spell absorption item (pale lavender ione stone) absorbs the negative level effect when it procs, but having death ward active no longer does. I tried to submit a bug but nothing happens when i hit the submit button, so I'm posting it here.

Submit button - broken? Or WAI?

It does protect against negative levels, and its working as intended. The bracers of demon's consort have a hidden flag for an effect called Demonic Drain. This effect has always bypassed deathward and affected warforged. While it functions like a negative level, its not exactly the same thing. It's an interesting effect that is rather a surprise making an item that looks great for melees actually be only useful for pale masters.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    It does protect against negative levels, and its working as intended. The bracers of demon's consort have a hidden flag for an effect called Demonic Drain. This effect has always bypassed deathward and affected warforged. While it functions like a negative level, its not exactly the same thing. It's an interesting effect that is rather a surprise making an item that looks great for melees actually be only useful for pale masters.
    I wonder if it effects a KotC that has taken the new immunity to energy drain enhancement.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

I was getting level drained yesterday in Prey on the Hunter with deathward on.

Community Member

There is some kind of effect/bug in Shiradi that is level draining party members. Deathward does not prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    There is some kind of effect/bug in Shiradi that is level draining party members. Deathward does not prevent it.
    It's the monk's "Every Light Casts a Shadow" effect that's bugged and bypassing deathward on friendlies, and Shiradi's Double Rainbow has a chance to add that proc to critters.

Community Member

Hmmm.. ok, bummer. I guess pale lav is my only defense... thanks