Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Yeah...I'm diggin' the Storm Horns.

Well done.
    Very well done. I was ranging about on my ranger and was up WAY past my bedtime, because I couldn't resist the urge to see what was over the next ridge.
    Absolutely stunning artwork.
    As good, if not better than Sschyndylrin and the Underdark.

I haven't had a chance to fully explore the place yet, but so far it's been pretty cool. HUGE zone, which is neat, with lots of interesting little caves and other nooks to peek around into. I even found a random encounter with some satyrs and had a dance contest. That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    I haven't had a chance to fully explore the place yet, but so far it's been pretty cool. HUGE zone, which is neat, with lots of interesting little caves and other nooks to peek around into. I even found a random encounter with some satyrs and had a dance contest. That was fun.
    My dwarf cant dance unfortunately, and got laughed out of the entire area. Otherwise i loved it.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Absolutely amazing explorer area. Some of the views are breathtaking. I'm not sure if they re-worked how water interacts with light, but water seems to look even better in Stormhorns than the King's Forrest.

I wish there were a few places that had a few more hidden gems (like some sunken treasure or skeletons or even something random) like in the flooded crater that resembles a mini-Crater Lake with Wizard island, but it is still a blast to explore.

I have to agree. The Storm Horns are breathtakingly beautiful. It is huge and a few of the encounters are entertaining. I like it far better than the drab prison city. Not that a prison city could be otherwise I suppose . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Community Member

Smile

Yeah the storm horns area is really cool, often makes me wonder why they even bothered with wheloon. Apart from those crazy chain swinging beasties and the darkly mirror quest - its a very unappealing place.

Kudos to the devs for the darkly mirror quest, finally after a long time an intelligent quest. Although you should allow the NPC to stick around at the start so those who arrive late and new to the quest can understand the story.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    Yeah the storm horns area is really cool, often makes me wonder why they even bothered with wheloon. Apart from those crazy chain swinging beasties and the darkly mirror quest - its a very unappealing place.
    Which sorta means the devs got it right, most prisons tend to be rather unappealing places. I rather like it, it feels like what it's supposed to be, just like the storm horns do. Both are interesting and fun places to boff around killing things.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I actually love the prison, you cannot have light without darkness after all. I found it so interesting a ran a lot of slayer just because I enjoy the area, I find it unique and interesting.
    that said I do like the storm horns, had a dive rock moment (reference anyone?) when I got to the waterfall bridge.

Community Member

Default I haven't tried the prison explorer area yet

Been having too much fun running around the mountains.
    BTW, it turns out my arti CAN in fact, be torn to shreds by a pack of griffons.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    My dwarf cant dance unfortunately, and got laughed out of the entire area. Otherwise i loved it.
    My ranger made it to the second part of the dance contest, then they got mad.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Been having too much fun running around the mountains.
    BTW, it turns out my arti CAN in fact, be torn to shreds by a pack of griffons.
    Tortoisse ( My arty) handles the griffin packs okay, but the harpy packs are my absolute downfall with that helplessness song they keep slapping on me. LOL And may one of the gods of Faerun save my poor Tortoisse, but when the two are mixed it can be really really painful. LOL
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Tortoisse ( My arty) handles the griffin packs okay, but the harpy packs are my absolute downfall with that helplessness song they keep slapping on me. LOL And may one of the gods of Faerun save my poor Tortoisse, but when the two are mixed it can be really really painful. LOL
    That's weird, I can handle the harpies with little to no difficulty.
    But those griffons (griffins? griphons?), holy moly, they hit hard, fast and often.
    I had almost made it through the alpine area into the snowy part, and they just mobbed me outta nowhere. Like 4 or 5 of them.
    I was dead in less than a minute.

My ranger made it to the second part of the dance contest, then they got mad.
    I was playing my bard, so the satyrs were all very impressed by my performance. They called it "exquisite", "fantastic", "marvelous", etc. *flex*

Community Member

I was playing my bard, so the satyrs were all very impressed by my performance. They called it "exquisite", "fantastic", "marvelous", etc. *flex*

Hmmmph!

Show off! lol

Care to show us what the prize is for winning the dancing concert contest?

One of my wizards fought a named white dragon that kept on breathing cold air at her and all she got were a +9 dexterity dodge +9% boots and a constitution +8, resistance +8 bracers with a yellow augment slot. Oh yeah, and some dead adventurers' frozen parts. May be the dragon thought that she wasn't cool enough?
    Last edited by Tyrande; 09-10-2013 at 12:01 PM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

No wonder they laughed at my warforged wizard's dancing.
    Stop setting the bar so high!

As to OP, yeah. I spent more hours playing than I should have. WAAAY more.
    This area is incredible, and something I really enjoy playing through.

Well done, Turbine. Well done.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post

One of my wizards fought a named white dragon that kept on breathing cold air at her and all she got were a +9 dexterity dodge +9% boots and a constitution +8, resistance +8 bracers with a yellow augment slot. Oh yeah, and some dead adventurers' frozen parts. May be the dragon thought that she wasn't cool enough?
    There's a white dragon out there too?
    Neat.
    I fought the red dragon, and got a measly 5k xp and 3 lousy items from the chest.
    You'd think slaying an epic dragon in an epic slayer area would produce epic rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    I got one chest, and if I remember right I got a wondrous craftsmanship set of plate out of it (or maybe it was scale), along with a couple other minor vendor-loot items.

If there are dragons out there, I'm going to have to go exploring some more tonight. I love fighting dragons.

Hmmmph!

Show off! lol
    Hey, I'm a bard, showing off is what I do!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

There's a white dragon out there too?
    Neat.
    I fought the red dragon, and got a measly 5k xp and 3 lousy items from the chest.
    You'd think slaying an epic dragon in an epic slayer area would produce epic rewards.
    I enjoy the conversation the dragon has if you are wearing red dragon armor when you talk to him. Now if only my bluff skill was higher....

I got one chest, and if I remember right I got a wondrous craftsmanship set of plate out of it (or maybe it was scale), along with a couple other minor vendor-loot items.
    A Full Plate? I would have thought it would be a named Lute or something instrumental... oh well...

If there are dragons out there, I'm going to have to go exploring some more tonight. I love fighting dragons.
    [...]
    Yes, there are at least two dragons out there:
    Draconic Rage and
    Treating Hypothermia rare encounters.

You may get an extra chest if you successfully talked to the dragon.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast