Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member Skavenaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    669

    Default True Necromancer

    So i TR again my toon yesterday and i wanted to do a Cleric life. I come up with a build. Goal its self healing (harm), Melee (staf centered), Evasion (monk) plus casting as support/buffing. Most of time will run in vampire form. Palemaster tree gives 8% Spell Crit and Divine Disciple 8% more. So with a 16% item and 5% base 37% dont look bad.

    Str 16
    Dex 8
    Con 14
    Int 14
    Wis 16
    Cha 6


    1 Monk 2 Power Attack,Cleave
    2 Cler 0
    3 Monk 2 Two hand Figh,Extend
    4 Cler 0
    5 Cler 0
    6 Cler 1 Great Cleave
    7 Cler 0
    8 Cler 0
    9 Cler 1 Master of Forms
    10 Cler 0
    11 Cler 0
    12 Cler 1 Quicken
    13 Cler 0
    14 Wiz 1 Maximize
    15 Wiz 1 IC:Bludgeon
    16 Wiz 0
    17 Wiz 0
    18 Wiz 2 Grand Master of forms,Empower
    19 Wiz 0
    20 Wiz 0
    21 E 1 Overwhelmign Crit
    22 E 0
    23 E 0
    24 E 1 Ins Reflexes
    25 E 1
    26 E 1
    27 E 1 Blinding Speed


    Pale Master
    Dark Reaping

    Spell Critical: Negative Energy I:

    Negative Energy Conduit:

    Shroud of the Zombie:

    Spell Critical: Negative Energy II

    Efficient Quicken

    Shroud of the Vampire:

    Spell Critical: Negative Energy III:

    Necrotic Bolt:

    Cloak of Night:

    Spell Critical: Negative Energy IV

    Bone Armor:

    +1 Constitution

    Improved Shrouding


    Divine Emissary
    Divine Emissary of Darkness:

    Spell Critical: Negative

    Spellpower: Negative:

    Sacred Defense:

    Spell Critical: Negative

    Spellpower: Force:

    Enervation:

    Spell Critical: Negative

    Spellpower: Negative

    Divine Vitality

    Negative Energy Burst

    Spell Critical: Negative:

    Archimage
    Illusion I: Invisibility

    Spell Critical:Elemental and Force I:

    Energy of the Scholar

    Efficient Maximize

    Illusion II: Blur

    Illusion III: Displacement

    Hensing Mystic
    Riddle of Fire

    Staff Training

    Way of the Clever Monkey

    Fists of Iron

    Quick Strike:

    So, what do you think? Did anyone tried that before? How went? Any advices welcome.
    Last edited by Skavenaps; 09-09-2013 at 08:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Community Member Bumbaragum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brazil, MG
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    Str 16
    Dex 8
    Con 14
    Int 14
    Wis 16
    Cha 6

    1 Monk 2 Power Attack
    2 Cler 0
    3 Monk 2 Two hand Figh
    4 Cler 0
    5 Cler 0
    6 Cler 1 Great Cleave
    7 Cler 0
    8 Cler 0
    9 Cler 1 Master of Forms
    10 Cler 0
    11 Cler 0
    12 Cler 1 Quicken
    13 Cler 0
    14 Wiz 1 Maximize
    15 Wiz 1 IC:Bludgeon
    16 Wiz 0
    17 Wiz 0
    18 Wiz 2 Grand Master of forms
    19 Wiz 0
    20 Wiz 0
    21 E 1 Overwhelmign Crit


    So, what do you think? Did anyone tried that before? How went? Any advices welcome.
    You didnt mention any race, but by stats distributions looks like a 36pt Warfoged, I would recomend a dwarf if its not to late

    Your feat selection is all borked... lets try it again.

    1 Monk Extra: Power Attack
    1 N :Cleave
    2 Cleric
    3 N : Extended Spell
    3 Monk Extra : THF (no reason why, Toughness would be better)
    4 Cleric
    5 Cleric
    6 Cleric : Great Cleave
    7 Cleric
    8 Cleric
    9 Cleric : Adept of Forms
    10 Cleric
    11 Cleric
    12 Cleric : Master of Forms
    13 Cleric
    14 Wizard Extra : Quicken Spell
    15 Wizard : Improved Critical
    16 Wizard
    17 Wizard
    18 Wizard Extra : Maximize Spell
    18 N : Grandmaster of Forms
    19 Wizard
    20 Wizard
    21 E : Ovherwelming Critical
    ...etc

    There fixed for you, dont forget to maximize the Heal skill, now adds power to negative and healing spells. I didnt try the build, but was imagining something similar. Should work, Have fun.

    By the way Extend is important to keep the buffs up, unless you want to cast it every minute 3-4 spells.

    Wizard Spells

    4th Death Aura; Negative Energy Burst
    3th Haste; Rage(or Sleet storm); Displacement (Extend them)
    2th Invisibility; Blur; Something; Something
    1th Jump; Tumble; Shield; Protection from Evi(or something else, since its also available from clerics spells list; Detect Doors;

  3. #3
    Community Member Skavenaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaragum View Post
    You didnt mention any race, but by stats distributions looks like a 36pt Warfoged, I would recomend a dwarf if its not to late

    Your feat selection is all borked... lets try it again.

    1 Monk Extra: Power Attack
    1 N :Cleave
    2 Cleric
    3 N : Extended Spell
    3 Monk Extra : THF (no reason why, Toughness would be better)
    4 Cleric
    5 Cleric
    6 Cleric : Great Cleave
    7 Cleric
    8 Cleric
    9 Cleric : Adept of Forms
    10 Cleric
    11 Cleric
    12 Cleric : Master of Forms
    13 Cleric
    14 Wizard Extra : Quicken Spell
    15 Wizard : Improved Critical
    16 Wizard
    17 Wizard
    18 Wizard Extra : Maximize Spell
    18 N : Grandmaster of Forms
    19 Wizard
    20 Wizard
    21 E : Ovherwelming Critical
    ...etc

    There fixed for you, dont forget to maximize the Heal skill, now adds power to negative and healing spells. I didnt try the build, but was imagining something similar. Should work, Have fun.

    By the way Extend is important to keep the buffs up, unless you want to cast it every minute 3-4 spells.

    Wizard Spells

    4th Death Aura; Negative Energy Burst
    3th Haste; Rage(or Sleet storm); Displacement (Extend them)
    2th Invisibility; Blur; Something; Something
    1th Jump; Tumble; Shield; Protection from Evi(or something else, since its also available from clerics spells list; Detect Doors;
    Hey yeah sorry for the feats! I copied them from an excel and didnt noticed that not went well. Will update the original post.

    And yes, its a warforged and i agree its far from ideal. i prefer human (extra feat and +1 skill) cause i could use another THF feat and more skills.

  4. #4
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    705

    Default

    So how did this build work out for you?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


  5. #5
    Community Member Skavenaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    So how did this build work out for you?
    I played it till lvl 20, so all commnets, will be based on heroic elite dif.

    Build was OK. Major problem was to find a good melee staff AND slot negative crit chance out of weapon. So far, my only choice was the cloak from abbot, so its pretty tricky the gear that toon.

    Self healing was amazing and added a good chunk of aoe dmg (crits about 400 aoe negative) using energy burst. On the other side, single target damage feel lacking and no instakill made killing some healing bosses a bit hard.

    Using cloak of night (even rank1) made my vampire healing 0 (1 - 50% = 0,5 = 0 on game). Light damage only was a problem on running with devils.

  6. #6
    Community Member Saekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Twilight
    Posts
    3,008

    Default Souleater

    Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    I played it till lvl 20, so all commnets, will be based on heroic elite dif.

    Build was OK. Major problem was to find a good melee staff AND slot negative crit chance out of weapon. So far, my only choice was the cloak from abbot, so its pretty tricky the gear that toon.

    Self healing was amazing and added a good chunk of aoe dmg (crits about 400 aoe negative) using energy burst. On the other side, single target damage feel lacking and no instakill made killing some healing bosses a bit hard.

    Using cloak of night (even rank1) made my vampire healing 0 (1 - 50% = 0,5 = 0 on game). Light damage only was a problem on running with devils.
    Have you thought of using SoulEater as part of your leveling? It is a low-level staff but according to the wiki, it offers lesser vampirism to pale master forms. It also has a mortal strike--could be useful. A vampire form (with Tier 5 enhancement) would heal for 2hp per hit as a result. I imagine that the Mortal Strike on it has a low DC.
    Wouldn't be so great in the higher levels but maybe low to mid?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Souleater

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload