Default Wheloon prison laggy

Every time i am running through Wheloon, i have experience with a lot of lags, continuous lags and decreasing of the performance. It is not connected with a power of my graphic system, because i have the same lags with lowest settings possible.

It often starts with shadow-fell. If there is a lot of monsters, game is unplayable. Yesterday, I ran with group of toons at lvl 18 all elite quests there.

Group of powerful toons running quests on elite as piece of cake has been wiped out in the wilderness area during horrible lag.

- 1fps and less
    - nobody can move
    - there are hundreds(!) monsters around at one place and attacking
    - red dungeon alert
    - (my fascinate /60perform/ doesn't work)
    - six skulls is result.

Today, running Wheloon solo, after shadow-fell, I have 5fps, same lag experience, I hardly fled through DD to exit instance.

(Thelanis)

PS: Ticket posted.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng20/Epic10 -> Drd6),
    Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic10->Sorc(EK)17)

Default Weloon Lag

I get lots of hitching such as often in combat screen freezes I can hear impacts of my hitting something then action starts again and creatures etc have snapped to a different position. This is especially bad when the Netherese effect (not sure what it's called) happens and everything looks like shadow walking purple and hard to see. During this effect the game becomes unplayable. i can run Secret World on higher settings and that game is only running on newer hardware so my setup is up to date. Eliminating Steam not launching the game under Steam helped a bit. I also tried reducing the settings swap out dx11 etc no help.

Yes, Wheloon is horribly laggy. This is really just a game engine problem and the fact that DDO is single threaded and poorly optimized. So it's related to your CPU speed more than graphics power.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Yes, Wheloon is horribly laggy. This is really just a game engine problem and the fact that DDO is single threaded and poorly optimized. So it's related to your CPU speed more than graphics power.
    nah, Wheelon lag is part of the bait and switch.
    I also ALWAYS got lag there. This life Ill spend the ~20 shards to get to each quest once for EE and call it a day. Already bought the pack, so might as well spend the extra few shards to play...
    Last edited by SSFWEl; 10-11-2013 at 06:03 AM.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.