Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    679

    Default Repeating Crossbows not dropping?

    TRing my sorc to FVS this weekend, so I've been running a lot of quests and looting lots of chests.

    Not a single repeating crossbow from any quest lvl 1 thru lvl 10, not in a chest and not as final reward.

    But my FVS is looting buttloads of handwraps.

    Something broken?

  2. #2
    Uber Completionist luvirini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    It seems that repeating crossbows are on some special "artificers only" loot list, I never seem to loot them with any other character except an artificer.

    Handwraps seem to be "monks mostly" loot list 95% of all handwrap lootings are with a monk, but I did get some without monk levels.

    I find it annoying that the game is like that.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Have not seen many of late, but got a mid level one today in quest reward loot I believe.
    So they're still in the loot tables.

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,302

    Default

    on my artificer, the chests and rewards were so filled with repeating crossbows that I decided to turn off the class-based treasure option.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    It seems that repeating crossbows are on some special "artificers only" loot list, I never seem to loot them with any other character except an artificer.

    Handwraps seem to be "monks mostly" loot list 95% of all handwrap lootings are with a monk, but I did get some without monk levels.

    I find it annoying that the game is like that.
    Interesting because on my 16th level pure rogue, he gets handwraps as end rewards for quests about half the time. I never take them, even though I have a monk, because with rare exception all the new loot is garbage and I would rather have the renown.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a box.
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    on my artificer, the chests and rewards were so filled with repeating crossbows that I decided to turn off the class-based treasure option.
    Same here. In fact, that's almost all I got other than an occasional d.axe or bastard sword.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    on my artificer, the chests and rewards were so filled with repeating crossbows that I decided to turn off the class-based treasure option.
    I may do this as well. The only ones I want now are BtA blanks so I can craft.

  8. #8
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,893

    Default

    Over last three days I ran Web of Chaos chain, Beyond the Rift, then Servants of the Overlord one more time, all on my ranger 18. Between 5 quests there were 2 or 3 lootgen repeating crossbows, plus Doublecross Bow.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  9. #9
    Community Member Lorianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    It seems that repeating crossbows are on some special "artificers only" loot list, I never seem to loot them with any other character except an artificer.

    Handwraps seem to be "monks mostly" loot list 95% of all handwrap lootings are with a monk, but I did get some without monk levels.

    I find it annoying that the game is like that.
    It's just the luck of the draw. On my bards (bard/ranger/rogue and bard/rogue/fsoul), my wizard, and my druid I've gotten offered handwraps and repeaters on end rewards about 30-50% of the time.

    Maybe play with the "class quest reward" option, and see if that changes anything?

  10. #10
    2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Canada, EST
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    It's just the luck of the draw. On my bards (bard/ranger/rogue and bard/rogue/fsoul), my wizard, and my druid I've gotten offered handwraps and repeaters on end rewards about 30-50% of the time.

    Maybe play with the "class quest reward" option, and see if that changes anything?
    I have, it doesn't help. I keep getting handwraps, exotic weapons, and heavy armor on my pure Ranger.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

  11. #11
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    The "Class loot option" is borked atm. My quest rewards have been all over the place for non-class items. Class items have been about 20-30% while non-class items have been the remaining. And this is with it turned on Have a feeling it has to do with them messing with loot tables for U19 and lots of items have default/no flags causing the issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload