Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Harbor bank- the new pvp area apparently

Some idiots seem to think it is fun to attack people at harbor bank..

******'s divine light hit you for 176 points of light damage.

Since their name will be in your combat log, you can report them for griefing. Of course, your ticket will be closed in a very short time with no feedback, but if we are possessed of a vivid imagination, we could imagine something coming of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    Since their name will be in your combat log, you can report them for griefing. Of course, your ticket will be closed in a very short time with no feedback, but if we are possessed of a vivid imagination, we could imagine something coming of it.
    Both "vivid", "coming" and a whole lot innuendo in one sentence... are you sure you're talking about the same subject as the op is?

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Running around undead, that'll teach you.

Producer Rowan did say he loved paladins, maybe he also hates Pale Masters...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Producer Rowan did say he loved paladins, maybe he also hates Pale Masters...
    I hate that popping noise they make. I'd kill 'em if I could. Maybe I'll roll a Bladeforged just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I hate that popping noise they make. I'd kill 'em if I could. Maybe I'll roll a Bladeforged just for that.
    It's great fun, trust me!

I mean.. uh.

Community Member

Luckily there is a spell you can cast that makes you immune to all player attacks. All you have to do is turn back into a living wizard instead of running around town as an undead one.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

If that happened to me i would find it amusing. The 1st half a dozen times at any rate :-)
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

I know some players who said they got punished by Turbine for griefing like that, so at least some of these reports are not just getting closed.

And I am very happy that Turbine is doing something in situations like this.

If this happens in a quest then it might be a mistake but in a town area it's clearly not. The only purpose of killing other players like this is to annoy/grief them and additionaly you are not allowed to use bugs/exploits anyways. So yeah, enough reasons to punish the player who is using this bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinjiteru View Post
    I know some players who said they got punished by Turbine for griefing like that, so at least some of these reports are not just getting closed.

And I am very happy that Turbine is doing something in situations like this.

If this happens in a quest then it might be a mistake but in a town area it's clearly not. The only purpose of killing other players like this is to annoy/grief them and additionaly you are not allowed to use bugs/exploits anyways. So yeah, enough reasons to punish the player who is using this bug.
    Turbine should hand out 3 day bans like candy to those exploiting this bug.

They should also hand out forum infractions to all those suggesting more people go grief players in public areas.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    I can't help but feel like it's a little payback for all the griefing we endured back when pale masters had that annoying aura with the obnoxious sound effect.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    I can't help but feel like it's a little payback for all the griefing we endured back when pale masters had that annoying aura with the obnoxious sound effect.
    i guess you weren't a palemaster back then. if you think it was annoying having them run past you then you can only begin to imagine how annoying it was to be stuck with it all the time you needed healing (or were waiting for the timer to expire post-quest). and it wasnt just the sound either, we had that ball of obscurity round us that was like your own mobile smoke screen making it hard to see where you were

you vitalists are all the same! none of you realise that us vitally challenged people have feelings too. do you think we like it when an appendage drops off half way through talking up that cute elven lass in the tavern?

hah! bet that never even crossed your mind!

so, i've made your text pink for a little payback
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

its not just the harbor bank, in the eveningstar tavern there is such a lowlifer too

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    you vitalists are all the same! none of you realise that us vitally challenged people have feelings too. do you think we like it when an appendage drops off half way through talking up that cute elven lass in the tavern?

hah! bet that never even crossed your mind!

so, i've made your text pink for a little payback
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace
    Suffer the purple.

See you guys are going about this all wrong. If it's a bug that is detrimental so all players, then it gets regulated to an "Update"- so expect a fix around November (if ever). If it's a bug that is helpful in some way- it's an IMMEDIATE "take the servers down right now" hotfix.

You Palemasters just need to "complain" about the bug in a way that it "sounds" beneficial for Pallys to kill you- then BOOM. Hotfix tomorrow.

Oh, out of curiosity, anyone know if its WAI that the rats in tormented are vulnerable to your turns. (HAd to rerun maze becuase someone used divine light in exactly the wrong spot when the rat was entering the tomb)
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Maybe I'm missing something important here that I've just not played enough to spot yet, my only Paladin is lvl 4.

Why exactly does a Paladin/Cleric actually need to be able to use Turn in public areas? I mean, most every spell-like ability my characters of various classes have is not usable in public areas, I'm just wondering why Turning is usable at all outside of a quest?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by berlinetta84 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something important here that I've just not played enough to spot yet, my only Paladin is lvl 4.

Why exactly does a Paladin/Cleric actually need to be able to use Turn in public areas? I mean, most every spell-like ability my characters of various classes have is not usable in public areas, I'm just wondering why Turning is usable at all outside of a quest?
    MABAR event.

So maybe this current feature is WAI; training divines for the upcoming event.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

I am not a role player.

It makes perfect sense to me that any undead walking around town should be killed. When the zombies attack my RL town I will be the first with a 308 taking them out. I won't stop to ask if they are good or bad undead, undead are bad until proven good.

Seriously though, just turn off undead form and quit whining, with all the other game impacting bugs, at least this one has an easy fix.

Hell, make a game of it, run up in undead form, turn it off as soon as you see the pally turn towards you, then turn back to undead until he gets frustrated at trying to get you between his cooldowns

It is a bug and should be fixed but it is hardly the worst bug we have right now
    Choler 25 Brd 2TR | Enmity 25Clr | Exasperate 20Sor | Ferocity 6Ftr 2TR | Furyous 25Art 1TR | Hiddin 20Mnk | Infuryated 6Rng 1TR | Retributive 8Dru | Vehemence 23Rog 3TRs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 22Wiz 2TRs | Violence 28FvS Completionist 23TRs

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast