Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,517

    Default Scheduled Website Downtime, Monday Sept 9th 10:00am - 2:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT)

    The website and forums are now available. Release notes are available by clicking here. Thanks for your patience today!

    The DDO websites and forums will be offline for an update from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Monday, September 9th. Game servers will be up and available during this web work. Thanks for your patience!
    Last edited by Tolero; 09-09-2013 at 01:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The DDO websites and forums will be offline for an update from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Monday, September 9th. Game servers will be up and available during this web work. Thanks for your patience!
    Is there going to be a bug-fix patch 19.2 before Update 20? My Ninja Spy Shuriken thrower could really use that +2 to crit range! =)
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  3. #3
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    The website and forums are now available. Release notes are available by clicking here. Thanks for your patience today!

  4. #4
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    Is there going to be a bug-fix patch 19.2 before Update 20? My Ninja Spy Shuriken thrower could really use that +2 to crit range! =)
    Unsure whether your issue with the Ninja Spy Shuriken is in there, but yes - we currently have a Patch 2 planned prior to the release of Update 20. Time TBA.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  5. #5
    Community Member Widmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    67

    Default

    • Session lengths for “inactivity” have been significantly extended (by several hours.)

    This gets multiple <thumbs up>

    Cordovan, any chance you could box this feature up and bring it on over to the LOTRO forums?


  6. #6
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Anyone else having this issue?



    I have not used any custom style sheets or anything.

    Also tried in IE (lol) and ran into basically the same issue. What's the deal?

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    33

    Default Missing cookies for website

    Totally screwed up the website now. When I just loaded the web page (at 7:30pm EST) for ddo I was asked to enable cookies which was kind of funny since I never turned them off. So I think you're site and forum update screwed something up.

  8. #8
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    The whole formatting of the forums is messed up for me now. I changed no setting. I get what's above me plus a whole host of problems now..Should we have expected anything less?

  9. #9
    The Hatchery Rinnaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kik96 View Post
    Totally screwed up the website now. When I just loaded the web page (at 7:30pm EST) for ddo I was asked to enable cookies which was kind of funny since I never turned them off. So I think you're site and forum update screwed something up.
    Same problem for me as well. Messed up format, says I need to enable cookies (never disabled them).
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    If our only source for balancing Normal difficulty was these boards we'd be out of business pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

  10. #10
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Also, LOL @ this


  11. #11
    The Hatchery Rinnaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    322

    Default DNS cache

    FYI:

    I tried closing my browser, flushing the DNS cache, and then reloading. It did not work. But then...

    It worked after I rebooted!
    Last edited by Rinnaldo; 09-09-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    If our only source for balancing Normal difficulty was these boards we'd be out of business pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

  12. #12
    Founder & Hero Samir_Bennal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The website and forums are now available. Release notes are available by clicking here. Thanks for your patience today!

    The DDO websites and forums will be offline for an update from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Monday, September 9th. Game servers will be up and available during this web work. Thanks for your patience!
    When you say now available, you might mention that they are barely usable since it hardly loads. Getting the same issues as mentioned above. Enable cookies, my screen matches the jumbled mess of a screen shot shown earlier of another user's forum page. So basically it's "C, all of the above."


    Edit: after posting this, everything magically corrected itself. The only thing I did was log in to post this message. Anybody else try logging in and see if it corrects the issue.
    Last edited by Samir_Bennal; 09-09-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

  13. #13
    The Hatchery Rinnaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samir_Bennal View Post
    When you say now available, you might mention that they are barely usable since it hardly loads. Getting the same issues as mentioned above. Enable cookies, my screen matches the jumbled mess of a screen shot shown earlier of another user's forum page. So basically it's "C, all of the above."



    I strongly recommend you clear your DNS cache and reboot your computer. To do so, start by closing your browser. Then simply open a command prompt (usually from start menu or control panel, I had to do a search from "HP Quickstart" since I now have Windows 8, and no clue how to find mine anymore). After you do so, type in the following (enter after each line):

    ipconfig /flushdns

    exit

    Then, reboot, and check out the site again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    If our only source for balancing Normal difficulty was these boards we'd be out of business pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

  14. #14
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    It's back to normal for me now too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnaldo View Post
    I strongly recommend you clear your DNS cache and reboot your computer. To do so, start by closing your browser. Then simply open a command prompt (usually from start menu or control panel, I had to do a search from "HP Quickstart" since I now have Windows 8, and no clue how to find mine anymore). After you do so, type in the following (enter after each line):

    ipconfig /flushdns

    exit

    Then, reboot, and check out the site again.
    This wouldn't have done anything. I had the same issues and did all of that and it didn't fix anything. It was a forum issue not a user's computer issue.

  15. #15
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The following changes were made to the DDO website and forums today!
    • The forums now support a dynamic (“stretchy”) browsing width to allow visitors to adjust their text reading space.
    This new width, while very nice and all... How can I undo it?

    I hate text walls as is, but text walls when they're wider is just painful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload