Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arius View Post
    no kiddin? I already have two full hot bars dedicated to buffs on my magic-users (wiz, bard, and druid in particular).

that's kind of the point: just a few clicks...... hun-dreds of times. The novelty wears off quickly.

It's also not 'impossible" to manually drag each collectible into the bag - but nice to have an autogather feature.
    Woukd you also like an "autoquest" button that runs you through the quest to go with it?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

/not signed

Dev. time better would be better spent elsewhere, for the forseeable future, in my opinion.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member

Hell yes.

/signed

I'm usually against this kind of adjustment, but I really don't see a one-click setup macro ruining anyone's game. The downside is the 50% chance of "completely bugged and not working at all", but hey. The risk is no worse than my laziness.

The other thing is that absolutely no one will whine about it in game. Every single one of you emphatically not signing this? You won't care. You won't even know. FFS, who even waits around for haste anymore? So for the three of us that bother with even minimal buffs, yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Hell yes.

/signed

I'm usually against this kind of adjustment, but I really don't see a one-click setup macro ruining anyone's game. The downside is the 50% chance of "completely bugged and not working at all", but hey. The risk is no worse than my laziness.

The other thing is that absolutely no one will whine about it in game. Every single one of you emphatically not signing this? You won't care. You won't even know. FFS, who even waits around for haste anymore? So for the three of us that bother with even minimal buffs, yes please.
    The reason i dont like the idea is mostly that i fear endless loops that use up all the mana, or having the loops interrupted and stuff like that.

What is auto-follow?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

I get where the OP is coming from....a lot of classes are extremely buff-heavy (ie Artificer) and having to recast them every time you shrine is somewhat onerous...

However, a scripted buffer seems equally onerous to code, and any kind of automation mechanic is ripe for abuse/botting. Plus, I don't always want the same buffs every quest - I might want a different element for Elemental Weapons or Resist Energy, I might not want Death Ward if nothing is going to instakill/level drain me, I might not want Protection from Elements if nothing does elemental damage, etc.

It also would seem to be a little overpowered for queueing up all your short-term combat buffs before combat, all in one click.

Counterproposal: Give all spells an automatic free Quicken effect (like Sorcs get innately) while you're at the start of a quest (ie where you can summon Hirelings), or near a shrine (ie the range where it lets you swap spells). That way, you can buff up faster, and its not asking for any new mechanics that aren't already in-game.

It also would mean you cant one-click auto-buff after, say, getting wiped by a Beholder, in the middle of combat.

I'm not vehemently against the idea, I just don't see the point and would rather see Dev time going to other things like fixing bugs and the like.

Some things should have an opportunity cost.

I wouldn't mind buff-zones to have quicker spell cool-downs (say, the foyer in VoD) but those should be rare.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

no kiddin? I already have two full hot bars dedicated to buffs on my magic-users (wiz, bard, and druid in particular).

that's kind of the point: just a few clicks...... hun-dreds of times. The novelty wears off quickly.

It's also not 'impossible" to manually drag each collectible into the bag - but nice to have an autogather feature.

/not signed. I think the devs have more important things to do than develop a macro that you can already do by doing a little research.
    Last edited by Sonos; 09-09-2013 at 08:03 PM.

With ship buffs and the expectation of everyone having their own buffs (clickies, scrolls, wands, etc) I don't see the point with what was suggested. Not only that but are people before a quest starts or at shrines going to ask 5-11 people what buffs they want/need and individually set buffs accordingly? Even after a player dies are people going to go back to a shrine just to hot key that player? I could see some people doing this but it seems more hassle than anything else, especially going from group to group. It does seem like it could also be more of a mana waste too.

For everyone who /signed

Now the Developers can spend time fixing everything they broke in U19 (and previous updates).

/not signed - feature already exists.

Get yourself a logitech G15 keyboard or a razor Naga mouse or be awesome like me and get both!

There has been plenty of interaction between devs and users of gaming keyboards and mice that can script and the basic rule is, don't set up a script that lets you walk away from the computer. So you must always be playing the game even if you have an extra 56 programmable keys on your keyboard and an 18 button mouse that can save and load profiles for your army of toons.

In LOTRO where I roleplayed a lot more than here, I set up whole songs, including all the instrumentation (you can play the instruments in LOTRO), lyrics and moves/emotes all at the press of a single button. I could put on a whole show with intro speeches, ballads and some lively hobbit jigs with my own lyrics to get people dancing. Also these keyboards are a godsend for healers when you set up your extra function keys F1-F6 to select the player, cast a heal and then select nearest target, or as you suggest, set up a buff chain per party member.

As I said in DDO just don't go too over the top with your scripts and never leave the computer to play the game for you, its been stated by devs a long time ago that that is a bannable offense.

Default This

Use a G15 Keyboard and create a macro for your buffs. What i do, works great!

I make my second hot bar alt1-alt0 and record the spell and its cool down time so it won't miss the next spell. And like the post above says, use a Naga Mouse and it gets even better. I use both and never have to look for a spell its on the mouse buttons.
    Last edited by cnynridr2; 09-09-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    Lightsocket, Lightarrow, Lighter, Lighttank, Lightzapper
    Lightmeup, Lightsage, Lightemup, Lightrock, Lightbright, Lightsurge, Lightmaker, Lightbeam, Lightmist

Here is why I don't think an Auto cast sequence is needed in the game.

It is a waste of Spell points - With more and more gear/ship buffs available that is permanent versions of spells, there is fewer requirements for everyone needing all buffs. This also promotes spell point waste by casting buffs that are not needed by players. So many of these players already are having a hard time with understanding when to use "Extend" and when not to. I'm constantly helping casters wean off of applying 50 minute buffs for a 10 minute quest.

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    /not signed

Increase players interaction with game mechanics, not automate them for less. Next thing you folks will want auto follow from WOW.
    I'd love to have Autofollow as an option..and do you reeaaaaaallly think WOW was where Autofollow started? I cant see a single feature in WOW that was created or developed by WOW. All the functions there had proven track records elswere before WOW was more than 111122212111.

<edit part>
    But I agree, I do not want auto buffs...what is the point in that?

Community Member

Lightbulb

Can you please consider a feature that automates these repetitive keystroke rituals?
    Or even better, they learn how to create an API that can transmit many items in one transaction, rather one by one. Buy 100 guild augments whilst you have auto gather on produces pathetic lag. Then fix the barter dialog so it too can also support more than one transaction at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Woukd you also like an "autoquest" button that runs you through the quest to go with it?
    No I should probably spell this one out: the idea is that I spend more time playing the more enjoyable parts of the game. You see - performing a set of the same, repetitive key strokes over and over again with a completely predictable outcome and no accompanying strategic or action-packed visual experience is just dull. That sounds more like work to me. If playing a game feels like work..... not that I expect you to understand any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    /not signed

Two things DDO has too much of is short cutting a lot of things and lack of player patience.
    NOT SIGNED /DISAGREE for the sake of disagreeing

It has a lot of needless repetition, however.

I think I'm preaching to the choir when I say one of the most monotonous, painstaking tasks for a DDO magic-user is refreshing buffs in between shrines - especially in quests with several mini-boss fight / rebuff cycles.

Can you please consider a feature that automates these repetitive keystroke rituals?

In a very basic form:

-you set up a buff script and create a single bind for it. Every spell you add to the scipt is instantly cast with your currently active metamagic feats, e.g., extend.
    -the feature would only be available immediately after using a shrine - like spell swapping. I don't propose it should be available in combat but maybe in public areas.

In a more advanced form:

-you can select which buffs will have which metamagic feats.
    -you can adjust the script so that buffs are placed on party member x, (where x is a number between 1-12). This would allow you to automatically buff party members too.

I suppose some may argue this is an easy button; I beg to differ. Stop unnecessary wear on our numerical keys (and fingertips)! Save the keyboards!
    Except this would actually create MORE keypressing and fiddling around with the UI than the current setup does.

"Okay, PM wiz doesn't want buff X, Y, Z, ranger doesn't want buff Z, paladin doesn't want/need S and Q, rogue already has R, so I don't need to cast that on him..."

You'd have to have everyone stand around at the start of the quest waiting for the people with buffs to configure their "script keys" for each person. What happens if someone drops and is replaced? Now that script-slot has to be completely reworked if the person who is in it now doesn't want/need certain buffs. Or if you have a henchman and a new player joins, you have to tell everyone, "Wait for a couple minutes, let me work out my buff script for them..."

This seems a lot like a solution in search of a problem. The current system works just fine, there's no real reason to try and "automate" it.

No I should probably spell this one out: the idea is that I spend more time playing the more enjoyable parts of the game. You see - performing a set of the same, repetitive key strokes over and over again with a completely predictable outcome and no accompanying strategic or action-packed visual experience is just dull. That sounds more like work to me. If playing a game feels like work..... not that I expect you to understand any of this.
    If you wish to select only the parts you wish, you are wishing for more or less the autoquest feature.

Of course, this is only my point of view.

Dont mind me being rudely opposed, its just me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast