Community Member

Default What mid and high level packs should I buy?

What do you consider to be essential packs to buy to make leveling from 13-20 go smoothly and not much of a grind fest? Thank you for the suggestions.

Sands, gh, necro 4, vale and reavers reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Sands, gh, necro 4, vale and reavers reach.
    These are the normal ones suggested all the time. U19 made the High Road a quest pack that is both both a level 18 pack and a level 24 pack. So i'd personally pick up Vale, High Road, GH, Necro 4 and then Sands if I were a new F2P player now. You don't need them all (epsecially on a 1st life) but if I had the cash that would be my order. Just my personal opinion. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

This is only my opinion, but I think that Gianthold is the hands down winner if you were only to buy one pack. It can probably get you from level 10 to 20 all by itself, though it would take some time due to ransack. After that, you could use it to get from 20 to 28 all by itself again with the epic content. The heroic and epic loot are both relevant to mid game and end game respectively. You gain access to the Fall of Truth raid which is the easiest way to earn heroic commendations that will give you the best armors in the game as well as upgrade the Caught in the Web weapons (if you have that expansion)

After Gianthold, I'd probably look at Vale because it will make your level progression through mid levels a lot less boring as well as adding Greensteel as an option for TR lives in particular, though some equipment can still have a role in end game gear setups as well.

You really don't need much more besides that, but adding Necro 4 can help lessen the grind. I personally don't mind High Road. The quests do get old fairly quickly and the heroic versions aren't great for xp, though a daily run through of all 5 should be relatively fast. This pack also gives you access to standard commendations. If you don't have the Menace of the Underdark expansion, you can still get the trade in gear from the vendors in Eveningstar with just the High Road pack.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look into getting them shortly. Cheers and have a good one!

I'm going to add ina few things here....

Necro IV is great for xp, if that's all you care about. The quests and raid included are an acquired taste for most.

Sands.....another one forumites love for the xp, but really, the quests are kind of meh to me.

Reavers......ew

Personally, here would be my choices:

GH and Vale (awesome quests, great xp, great items, 5 raids between the two packs and 3 wilderness areas)

Attack on Stormreach (overall fun, good xp)

Reign/Harbinger of Madness (fun, easy quests (except In The Flesh...not easy....lol) with a good amount of XP)

High Road

Just my .02
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

sands, gianthold, high road, druids deep ... all of those can be played epic too.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~