Thread: Twilight armor

Community Member

Default Twilight armor

The cannith crafting tooltips on the twilight shards are wrong. I submitted a bug report but I'd like to tell anyone that's interested. The 10% arcane failure reduction shard for only adds 1 minimum level if the armor has a minimum level and the 20% arcane spell failure greater twilight shard only bumps the minimum level by 4 and I'm guessing 3 if the item has no min level.

Before the shards read 2-3 levels and 9-10 levels.

While this is very helpful it would be nice if the tool tips could reflect actual penalties so these armor don't look so out of reach. My melee sorc will be upgrading his twilight leather to twilight scale mail very shortly .
    Last edited by Exiledtyrant; 09-08-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledtyrant View Post
    The cannith crafting tooltips on the twilight shards are wrong. I submitted a bug report but I'd like to tell anyone that's interested. The 10% arcane failure reduction shard for only adds 1 minimum level if the armor has a minimum level and the 20% arcane spell failure greater twilight shard only bumps the minimum level by 4 and I'm guessing 3 if the item has no min level.

Before the shards read 2-3 levels and 9-10 levels.

While this is very helpful it would be nice if the tool tips could reflect actual penalties so these armor don't look so out of reach. My melee sorc will be upgrading his twilight leather to twilight scale mail very shortly .

Several of the shards I've crafted are acting differently as well. Maybe this is WAI? For instance +3 potential items now have ML4 instead of ML5. +2 have ML of 2.

Community Member

For both armour and weapons, the ML equation seems to be 2*(enchantment level) - 2 now, rather than the old 2*(enchantment level) - 1. I've got a couple of custom weapons that dropped from 13 to 12. Accessories don't seem to have been changed.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Community Member

do crafted items go beyond 20 or could i just go nuts a craft a base min level 16 armor and not have to worry about it going over 20?

Community Member

Currently, no matter how many enchantments you stack on Cannith-crafted items, their ML cannot go above 20; this is subject to change...

As an example, I've got characters with Yellow Slot (2) Stat +6 (6) of Greater Elemental Resistance (5) for enchantment level of 13. The listed ML is 20.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    Currently, no matter how many enchantments you stack on Cannith-crafted items, their ML cannot go above 20; this is subject to change...
    "Subject to change" implies that they haven't abandoned Cannith crafting completely.

Considering that the devs consistently fail to reply to any queries about updating the system, I can't see why we should expect any change that isn't indirect.