Default Been downloading a patch now for over four hours.

I wish I was joking.

It took me maybe 15 minutes to download the entire game on my decent broadband.

Note to Turbine - if you are going to release a patch that's the size of a small moon, please do not use servers that have a maximum bandwidth of a 1960's analogue modem. Its downloading 27,000+ files. On 80% now, started at 4pm. What the hell are you using as download servers? 1983 BBC Micro Model B's?

GET BETTER EQUIPMENT ASAP! At least something that's not clockwork or steam powered please.

Final 27,300 file wouldn't download. Preloader then wouldn't start game. Game crashed on 1st login as always...

Yay...seriously, does anyone actually work on this game anymore?

Community Member

Default Voodoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhawk6 View Post
    Final 27,300 file wouldn't download. Preloader then wouldn't start game. Game crashed on 1st login as always...

Yay...seriously, does anyone actually work on this game anymore?
    Kindof a dumb question with the new expansion and hotfix that literally JUST came out...apparently by ghosts? As to your download issue, considering the amount of vocal players in DDO if it were a wide spread issue, yours wouldn't be the first post so it seems there is something unique to your situation that isn't affecting the community at large. I'm sorry you are having issues getting into the game, but derogatory rhetorical questions do not help the community, and frankly makes me want to spend more time chastising you than addressing your issues.

Best of luck
    -Codence of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Gavroshe View Post
    Kindof a dumb question with the new expansion and hotfix that literally JUST came out...apparently by ghosts? As to your download issue, considering the amount of vocal players in DDO if it were a wide spread issue, yours wouldn't be the first post so it seems there is something unique to your situation that isn't affecting the community at large. I'm sorry you are having issues getting into the game, but derogatory rhetorical questions do not help the community, and frankly makes me want to spend more time chastising you than addressing your issues.

Best of luck
    -Codence of Cannith
    Fine bit of posting. I agree, seems like something on his end.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhawk6 View Post
    I wish I was joking.

It took me maybe 15 minutes to download the entire game on my decent broadband.

Note to Turbine - if you are going to release a patch that's the size of a small moon, please do not use servers that have a maximum bandwidth of a 1960's analogue modem. Its downloading 27,000+ files. On 80% now, started at 4pm. What the hell are you using as download servers? 1983 BBC Micro Model B's?

GET BETTER EQUIPMENT ASAP! At least something that's not clockwork or steam powered please.
    Dude i think its on your end it did not take long at all for me maybe bad internet connections.