Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default Ok so I find all this new loot and....now what?

Does any high end anything ever sell in the AH/ASAH anymore?

So with the loot boosts I'm finding what I think is relatively nice loot (although I wish theyd've done +2 again this weekend since we missed much of it last weekend). I'm particularly trying to find a great one hand DPS weapon for my Paladin so he can stay in defensive stance with shield....no real luck so far.

and a lot of it is still over level for me so I put it in the AH and the AS/AH and no matter what I price it at, it doesn't sell. I;m almost given up on trying to sell anything. Do people buy any high end items anymore?

I've been deconning things for ages but at this rate it'll be a year or two before my crafting levels are maxed, haven't really crafted anything recently because I generally don't TR.

I've considered making shards for sale but my first forays into those on the AH weren't that successful either.

I'd hate to think that obtaining loot is not a primary goal anymore...

EDIT: Oh and I really wish they'd fix the AH/ASAH interface so it can be pushed to the right edge of the screen,

Community Member

The very poor, short-sighted decisions made with respect to loot in U19 have destroyed much of the item economy. Many items that were heavily-sought before U19 have been made obsolete or at least less interesting now, and yet most of the new items are cookie-cutter or relatively easy to get, so there's a flood of supply and little demand.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 09-08-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Why, now you get to re-plan all the gear for your character. It's so much fun! Fun, I tell you! Fun!

/sarcasm off

As Qaliya said, game economy is wracked right now due to what is, to me, an unnecessary change. More, IF I want to use the new items I have to rework all of my gear mixes, which can take a lot of time for me.

Illusion of progress given by making unnecessary changes, imo. *shrug*
    There is no free lunch.

Hero

For me, the lack of augment slots and the randomness of the new named items, I only plan on replacing a very select pieces of gear. So other than the perfect combo on one or two items, I'm not even in the market.

the new random loot that has been scaled better across levels can replace some of the named gear if you can find the right combo. gear is no longer specific, but random effects on random items. I hear that the new named loot from the recent "expansion" is a bit underwhelming overall so with new random loot and Eveningstar and GH loot still better to have. random loot lacks flavor, very repetitive and easy to find so you wont find too many buyers right now and with the pre-"expansion" loot still better that mostly isn't too hard to get.

There are some people that just can't force themselves to level up to 28 because it requires 3.5 mil XP. Most high-end random loot is ML 28. The powergamers that can make use of this loot are mostly farming stuff on EE themselves, or trading in a item-by-item basis, since they have capped plat.

The casual players (weekend warriors and below) have not yet reached level 28. I bet many of them have not even achieved level 26 with their main toons. Thus, level 28 items are useless for them, and they do not buy it yet.

Add on the mix the weird kind of players that do not got obsessed to upgrade their +7 stat named items for +8 stat random items after MotU, and that they are on the same train after SC.

So it is not surprise that everyone have tons of "tasty" loot that is just not selling for lack of demand.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Nothing is selling. There are so few high-end power gamers left and nobody is paying insane prices for random junk. I think all the suckers who were spending hundreds and thousands of Astral Shards on items have realized they are suckers and there is no point investing any money (real or otherwise) on any gear when Feather will just out-date it next update anyway.

And queue up the "all is fine" fanbois.

Community Member

The new random loot can often replace many items. Masterful and Cursed on the same item are appealing. Interesting thing is that items can be lowered by 3 to 4 levels I believe. Take a ML 11, Deadly 6 item(roman numerals, rly) and add Masterful or cursed and it becomes ML 9. So If there was say an item that could have both Cursed, and Masterful, at ML 28 would have something like +11 stat, +10 stat. Green Slot, Colorless slot.

Community Member

It really is quite striking just how much damage they've managed to do to the game in the last month.

While U19 brought with it some nice quests, on the whole I think DDO is clearly worse off than it was before the release.

Poorly conceived and implemented.. and that was before the ill-fated 19.1 patch, which has to be one of the worst examples of a software "fix" I've seen in 30+ years of computing. And to make things worse, the devs have gone on "radio silence" with respect to the resolution of the quest completion issues.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 09-08-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Nothing is selling. There are so few high-end power gamers left and nobody is paying insane prices for random junk. I think all the suckers who were spending hundreds and thousands of Astral Shards on items have realized they are suckers and there is no point investing any money (real or otherwise) on any gear when Feather will just out-date it next update anyway.

And queue up the "all is fine" fanbois.
    There is no need for truth here.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

I don't even bother with endgame anymore. I run a few epics every life for ED xp, epic tokens, and for good company; but otherwise I just don't bother. Epic level loot is so screwed up, I'm just not interested. I spent a lot of time over the years accumulating and refining my heroic level gear loadouts. As it is, there's so much BtC and BtCoE stuff, that I fill up an entire character bank (all upgrades), my inventory (all upgrades), and post 20ish items on the ASAH just to clear my TR bank every life so I can TR again.

When it comes to epic gear, there are three versions of most good named loot (norm, hard, and elite), each with different min levels; the new level cap means my loot has to potentially cover 1.5 times the number of levels it did before; update 19 loot has muddied the waters even more with regard to what's good; the changes come so fast that I don't have time to grind all the loot for one cap before there's another around the corner; each life obviously requires a different gearset; and I'm still completely satisfied with working toward triple completionist.

On top of all that, look at what current endgame offers: the newest expansion, basically required content to hit 28, is completely underwhelming. Half the quests were broken on release and there's no raid! It's also just as expensive as the previous expansion, which offered more and better content! (CitW not withstanding )

All of that adds up to the luxury of ignoring the current drama that is endgame DDO. Plus, most of the "elite" players that take the game way more seriously than I'm willing to have conveniently moved on to endgame content, leaving the heroic levels a little less dramatic. It's a nice perk for a casual player like me.

I don't know exactly how many current players are of the same mindset I am, but anecdotal evidence and AH activity suggests I'm not alone.
    Last edited by Sebastrd; 09-09-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    I don't even bother with endgame anymore. I run a few epics every life for ED xp, epic tokens, and for good company; but otherwise I just don't bother. Epic level loot is so screwed up, I just can't be bothered. I spent a lot of time over the years accumulated and refining my heroic level gear loadouts. As it is, there's so much BtC and BtCoE stuff, that I fill up an entire character bank (all upgrades), my inventory (all upgrades), and post 20ish items on the ASAH just to clear my TR bank every life so I can TR again.

When it comes to epic gear, there are three versions of most good named loot (norm, hard, and elite), each with different min levels; the new level cap means my loot has to potentially cover 1.5 times the number of levels it did before; update 19 loot has muddies the waters even more with regard to what's good; the changes come so fast that I don't have time to grind all the loot for one cap before there's another around the corner; each life obviously requires a different gearset; and I'm still completely satisfied with working toward triple completionist.

On top of all that, look at what current endgame offers: the newest expansion, basically required content to hit 28, is completely underwhelming. Half the quests were broken on release and there's no raid! It's also just as expensive as the previous expansion, which offered more and better content! (CitW not withstanding )

All of that adds up to the luxury of ignoring the current drama that is endgame DDO. Plus, most of the "elite" players that take the game way more seriously than I'm willing to have conveniently moved on to endgame content, leaving the heroic levels a little less dramatic. It's a nice perk for a casual player like me.

I don't know exactly how many current players are of the same mindset I am, but anecdotal evidence and AH activity suggests I'm not alone.

I think you're smarter than all of us. End-games become sure a bore lately.

You aren't selling this easy to get loot because it's easy to get.