Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1. fix lag
    2. fix mem leak (especially when loging between characters)
    3. do balancing (update outdated gear), fix inconsitencies (old effects vs. new effects on items)
    4. update cannith crafting
    5. make your item effects, enhancements, epic destinies actually working (as intended)
    6. fix tod sets (thats actually included in 3. and 5.)
    7. wipe p2w (vanish xp pots, tomes, stones from ddo store)
    8. reduce the grind (for tomes, items, xp)
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

• More Bank space.
    • More Inventory space.
    • Remove the evil button from chests

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    • More Bank space.
    • More Inventory space.
    You had me on the first 2.. but what is the "evil button"?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Ah the re-roll button, I just normally hit B

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    The "Re-roll" button is evil, because:
    - by default mouse pointer is always put over that button
    - I accidentally rerolled chests many times (including absolutely pointless chests like lvl2 chests), no matter how hard I try to avoid it (I could use "Loot All" (B by default), but I need to have close to my fingers other more important shortcuts)
    - when you zerg loot some EE chests (since 2 sec delay might = death) you do re-reroll eventually
    - I rerolled at least 2 times because of lag misclick
    - the button is made for less than 1% of players, who actually would want to reroll a trash loot chest, but instead, at least 90% of players accidentally rerolled a chest at least once (IMHO)
    - accidental re-rolls are dangerous also for those who do re-roll chests for named loot (imagine that the item you need finally dropped in your name, but you misclicked/Re-rolled and it's gone! That also includes Tomes/Seals/Shards!)

Astral shards lost their value because of that evil button. What is the point to farm astral shards if you will waste them on accidental re-rolls eventually?
    I stopped selling most important loot for astral shards already.

Another reason is that platinum got more value after ASAH was introduced (to my surprise):
    1 mil plat before ASAH < 1 mil plat after ASAH
    (this conclusion came from the fact that a lot of my friends no longer have millions of plat, they have thousands of astral shards though)

And when the evil button appeared I realized how useless astral shards became ...

Wow! The ideas really are all over the place Here's my personal short list:

More Quests
    I want lots of new quests to run. Just keep adding more!

Bug Fixes
    Obviously

Award Challenging Play
    Running quests 2 levels lower than yourself on elite should not be the norm. Instead, add in an under level XP bonus so that you can get extra XP for every level you are under the quest. Award more XP for challenging play!
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

- the button is made for less than 1% of players, who actually would want to reroll a trash loot chest, but instead, at least 90% of players accidentally rerolled a chest at least once (IMHO)
    sweet. me and my husband are in the 10% (or less... considering "at least")

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

I would like to have my Favored Souls wings back. Get rid of the timer. I can't believe they wasted time doing that to us.

Forgotten Realms Gnomes with some love for the illusion spell school.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    sweet. me and my husband are in the 10% (or less... considering "at least")
    Don't worry, eventually it will happen
    Last edited by TheRobai; 09-09-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Don't worry, eventually it will happen

i suppose it's possible...

highly unlikely, tho... i havn't *clicked* the "loot all" button in years. i hit B and keep running. the only time i pay attention to what i'm looting is if it i'm out of room... and even then i individually double-click single items i want to loot...

i'll agree.. the button probably should be smaller and harder to hit on accident, and have a "are you sure?" dialog... but i'm really surprised it's an issue... i'm surprised how many people don't know you can hit B... or just don't do it even if they do know. meh. *shrug*

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

- by default mouse pointer is always put over that button
    - I accidentally rerolled chests many times (including absolutely pointless chests like lvl2 chests), no matter how hard I try to avoid it (I could use "Loot All" (B by default), but I need to have close to my fingers other more important shortcuts)
    - when you zerg loot some EE chests (since 2 sec delay might = death) you do re-reroll eventually
    - I rerolled at least 2 times because of lag misclick
    Odd. I never clicked that button yet -- by mistake or otherwise. OTOH, I never even heard of "zerg looting". I open chests when nobody is bothering me; "Whisperdoom's Spawn" is one exception, but who cares about level 4-6 chest?

As for what I want to see in DDO: Remove repetitive boring U19 loot, and bring back U14 loot -- Coruscating, Night's Grasp, Lacerating, and all the rest.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Both grossly unfair and massively naive.

I'm not happy that we've lost a bucketload of effects from the loot tables or at best that they implemented these changes before they had a full list of prefix and suffix mutations converted to the new system.

But to try and blame that on a single developer just demonstrates that you don't understand the production cycle for these things.

You really think that a single developer sits in his cubicle and then decides to just randomly change game code?

Blame the producers who thought it was a good idea to remove these or to allow it to go live without a full list of effects.
    Great work Deadlock, you should ask your bosses at Turbine for a pay rise. I don't know what they would do without you as their public face. Do you have a special uniform you put on before you do your daily rounds of the internet to correct fallacies regarding Turbine?

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Goblins. I'm sick of kobolds, let's put some low level quests in Faerun, make the hall of heroes transfer actually work, and have some goblin options for a while.

Gnomes: I'm sad for the gnomes that got forgotton in the races. They're a core race!

More quests at all levels 10 and up. Variety is the spice of life. Honest, there are players out here moving from quest to quest, not grinding the same ones over and over, even before the change in ransack. Give us stuff to do!

Playerhousing: Like lotro, where we can customize and have fun with, as well as some more storage.

Epic level spells for divines, arcanes, bards, and arties: give us some more options! Or something to go with the levels. Or at least more slots for the existing spells? I dunno what a comparable thing for melees and rogues would be, but if anyone figures it out give them that too!

Just turtle thoughts.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

• More Bank space.
    • More Inventory space.
    +1

- More effort into fixing existing bugs.
    - Allow TR to retain all favor earned in Korthos from previous lives.
    - remove requirement to smash all boxes for 10% XP bonus in quests over level 5.
    - Make dungeon alert a DC VS will save.
    - Allow teleportation in public areas; also in private instances to and from visited marked points.
    - make Heal skill relevant by having it affect all forms of healing
    - Make extra-large collectible/ingredient bags available: As 20th completion reward; favor; achieving Legendary TR status
    - Make collectibles/ingredients an account shared resource

- Server merge, or way to visit other servers to run quests

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Great work Deadlock, you should ask your bosses at Turbine for a pay rise. I don't know what they would do without you as their public face. Do you have a special uniform you put on before you do your daily rounds of the internet to correct fallacies regarding Turbine?
    I can't think of a more suitable reply than to acknowledge that your name fits. You clearly do have. But as a troll attempt, you're still an amateur. You also have the right to try harder.

Community Member

• More Bank space.
    • More Inventory space.
    This^2

--More raids (the most social and involving aspect of this game; the game is dying because raiding was killed)

--Named loot that is actually better than random-gen loot (the pursuit of those fancy named items is the reason people do anything at cap)

--The ability to once again group with friends who are a lower level than you are without locking yourself out of quests (seriously-- this is such a poor way of solving the favor problem!)

--Higher level ship amenities. Now that renown decay is gone, it is possible for the average guild to get to a high level eventually so we need more 85+ buffs. +40 resist shrines would be nice (we have 50 items), +3 stat shrines are long over-due, and a +10% exp shrine at level 100 (gold seal at level 95) would also be much appreciated. Also, it would be nice to have a bigger ship at 100 (purchasable with Plat) which can actually have ALL of the buffs. Right now, you are short one small hook point so you have to pick between the resist shrines, an auctioneer, a banker, a bartender, and a mailbox. One of them can't fit.

--Revamp favor rewards. The +2 tomes from 1750 are horribly outdated, as are most of the other favors that aren't bank space and inventory space.
    Last edited by djl; 09-11-2013 at 11:56 AM.

yah I can go with that, I normally hit B and run, so I never gave it much thought, but now that you explain it, yah, that is kinda evil, but since I don't see an income button going away, so maybe if they moved re-roll the button to the top then?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast