Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Time for you to break out the dice again, methinks.
    Actually, I think the opposite is the problem. If I hadn't been cracking books & rolling the bones, I might not be so annoyed at all the left turns
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mimmo View Post
    My guild is mostly made up of men and women over the age of 45. It is hilarious when a mild mannered, 50+ gamer woman can quite accurately describe what is wrong with DDO...Feather of Sun.

Can we have a DDO without Feather? Is that too much to ask?
    Do you really think he can all be blamed for everything that's gone wrong in the past two years? I'm no fan of his but keep it real.

Community Member

I want an Eberron-based adventure pack...but not just typical high fantasy set in Eberron, oh no. I'm talking quintessential Eberron. I'm talking pulp. I want sepia tint. I want to be hired by a leggy elven dame with a hidden agenda to act as a private investigator. I want to solve murder mysteries on a train, and be subject to perilous scenarios involving exotic animals that have been trained to kill while listening to DM narration that sounds like something from the Maltese Falcon. I want to meet creepy gnomish snitches that sound like Peter Lorre. And I want to do it all while wearing a 1920s style hat.

Is that too much to ask?!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    I want to be hired by a leggy elven dame with a hidden agenda to act as a private investigator.
    You'll be safe if her agenda is the only thing that is hidden.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tO1XwepJok

At least 3 more (new) raids
    The Hall of Bank Space
    An online way to check inventory
    More L23 through 30 quests so that we have variety
    A Wisdom Based race
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTakenaka View Post
    We're gonna play a little game. Let's list all the things we want to see added to DDO.

Here's a small little list of mine

-Monster Manual IV and V... It's time for more MMs Turbine
    -Epic Restless Isles
    -Playable Kobold Race!
    -Bug Fixes!

That's all for now.

Fly spell
    More Monster Manual
    More cosmetics/additions for guild ship
    Revisit Cannith Crafting (up the levels to 200 with more recipes)
    More hat & shield cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by DunkleNymphe
    I'd like to have a quest taking part on a giant airship.
    Maybe a timed quest to rescue hostages from a burning airship before it crashes.

Great idea.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    I want an Eberron-based adventure pack...but not just typical high fantasy set in Eberron, oh no. I'm talking quintessential Eberron. I'm talking pulp. I want sepia tint. I want to be hired by a leggy elven dame with a hidden agenda to act as a private investigator. I want to solve murder mysteries on a train, and be subject to perilous scenarios involving exotic animals that have been trained to kill while listening to DM narration that sounds like something from the Maltese Falcon. I want to meet creepy gnomish snitches that sound like Peter Lorre. And I want to do it all while wearing a 1920s style hat.

Is that too much to ask?!
    Maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    With Update 20 we have two new dungeons in progress, each with a unique feel. My personal favorite so far is the murder mystery. (These will be free to VIPs.)

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Allow us pallies to get the same sacred defense bonus without necessarily needing a shield.

Allow hirelings in raids.

Mechanism for getting ship buffs at quest/wilderness entrance.

(First 3 things that popped into my head.)

1. Patron favor that affects quests and conversations. i.e. Too much emerald claw favor would prevent a Silver Flame quest giver from talking to you (like how you can't get the two quests in the necropolis at the same time, but expanded.)
    1a. exclusive favor. i.e. gaining Silver flame favor would reduce emerald claw favor.
    1b. Favor and deeds in quest can affect your alignment.

2. Have alignment matter. i.e. A paladin should not be able to take a quest to slaughter people with there being a lawful reason to do so.
    2a. If your alignment shifts too far you could actually lose class abilities for classes that require a specific alignment.

3. A TON MORE QUESTS to make it possible to run a subset of the available quests that conform to your alignment and to make solid alliances with certain patrons while avoiding opposed patrons.

Maybe this could all be summed up by: BETTER IMMERSION.

My original list below before I decided to be less bitter...
    1. Armor class that matters.

2. To hit bonus that applies a linear benefit.

3. Dodge bonuses that add up correctly.

4. A fully functional drow enhancement tree.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    That, and your friends list be account wide.
    Not a perfect solution, but Export your friends from a main character and just hit Import on all your alts. Sort-Of-Not-Really Account wide friends list!
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

1. D&D druids are supposed to be a spellcasting class. Actually there were the most powerful spell casters. In DDO the best druids are melee with monk levels. This is an abomination. I want a good caster druid option.

2. Ungimp Paladins already! While you're at it make a respectable Holy Avenger, not that pig-sticker from VoD.

3. Cavaliers. That means mounts too. =) This was a core class here people.

4. More shape change options for druids. One of the most fun aspects of playing my pen and paper druid was being extremely creative in the animal forms I would assume, not just bears and wolves, sheesh how lame is that? I wanna become a fish and do the crucible swim. Or a deer so I can surprise attack those drow in the king's forest.

5. Is it too late to fix random loot? I remember when the economy used the price of bloodstones as a standard. Now I can pull a seeker 6 anything out of Necro I. Ever hear of Monty Haul? He's not just a game show host.

Community Member

My guild is mostly made up of men and women over the age of 45. It is hilarious when a mild mannered, 50+ gamer woman can quite accurately describe what is wrong with DDO...Feather of Sun.

Go see how they talk about him on ddo Vault - it's hilarious. Much better than the general brown-nosing here.

Community Member

1. More monster manuals.
    2. More shard types added to Cannith crafting.

When you are finished with 1 and 2. Repeat. Seriously. Every ability that can be on a random loot gen item should have a Cannith crafting shard. As for monster manuals they are the only thing I have ever purchased from the DDO store when they were not on sale. Ever. I do not own the new expansion or the high road pack because they have never been on sale during the time I have been playing (I took a break here and there so maybe high road has been on sale at some point but I missed it). I can live without everything ever released in the DDO store except for monster manuals. The fact that I am willing to pay full price (and I am a total cheapskate) should tell you how much I like them and what the demand for them is (at least from my point of view). With only 10 monster types per manual I imagine you could release quite a few of these things and make quite a bit of money. No monster type is too obscure to have a monster manual entry. I want to be able to see the hit points of every monster in the entire game. That means even if there is only a single monster of a particular type I still want it to be one the 10 monster types listed in a monster manual. Don't let the fact that there are not many dragons in the game stop you from putting dragons in a monster manual. And step up the pace of production. We should be on monster manual 10 by now at least. This is more important than raising the level cap or even adding new quest packs.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

More raids. Having 0-2 end game raids as is currently the case is bad. There should be at the very least 5 level 28+ raids.

More quests. Having only 10 quests for the 26+ crowd is silly - but atleast that appears to be coming.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Fully detailed character sheet with pop-up detailing list of items, feats, enhancements, destinies contributing to the numbers.

Additional bank and inventory space purchasable in the DDO Store before we're asked to Epic TR.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Fully detailed character sheet with pop-up detailing list of items, feats, enhancements, destinies contributing to the numbers.
    +1 here. Advanced tab with everything possible we could want from our characters? Yes please.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Both grossly unfair and massively naive.

I'm not happy that we've lost a bucketload of effects from the loot tables or at best that they implemented these changes before they had a full list of prefix and suffix mutations converted to the new system.

But to try and blame that on a single developer just demonstrates that you don't understand the production cycle for these things.

You really think that a single developer sits in his cubicle and then decides to just randomly change game code?

Blame the producers who thought it was a good idea to remove these or to allow it to go live without a full list of effects.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTakenaka View Post
    We're gonna play a little game. Let's list all the things we want to see added to DDO.

Here's a small little list of mine

-Monster Manual IV and V... It's time for more MMs Turbine
    -Epic Restless Isles
    -Playable Kobold Race!
    -Bug Fixes!

That's all for now.
    Top priority for me, that will actually decide if I keep playing is - will the game broaden its endgame or prolong it? If lvl 30 is added before we are given much much broader base of epic quests, then its a problem. Right now, levels 25 - 28 feels empty content wise and aside from one pack (GH) top tiers of 25 arent really occupied either. I may be because we are given such a big amount of content on each heroic level, or because back in the day (capp 20) there was so much stuff to run on epic (and thx to that, there still is on 20 - 24), but the game really feels empty at cap right now. Most raids were devaluazied, so its pretty much CITW, FOT, VON a sometimes Shroud. While broadening the game, not only a lots of quest have to be added, but at LEAST 2 more raids to keep people running for the good stuff.

Aside from broadening of game, I would like to see:
    - Player housing, where I can show off my trophies (how cool would it be to have my ESoS hanging on the wall)
    - Augument Hall of Heroes so it A) Allows me to travel from Ebberon to FR, B) Its filled with usefull NPCs.
    - Epicing Restless Iseles would be absolutely fantastic. That said, I dont believe it could be done.
    - Epic Vale. Nuff said. Epic Shroud.... DDO Brand and Grand Raid being relevant again. Nuff said.

- Lv30 cap for a good 2~ years. We need some stability.
    - New spells.
    - A whole update with just 3 End-game raids with end-game NAMED ITEMS.
    - More Dev-player conversation. And I don't mean a reply once per week but a consistent brainstorming.
    - Another new class. Warlock sounds fun.
    - An overhaul of the XP total and XP of quests. 6m Xp to reach cap on a TR2 is insane. Drop it by about 1.5m.
    - A whole update of the size of Gianthold with quests 14-20 and Epic, with items worth of something.
    - Referring to the above one, unique clickies: FoM, Deadly, Tenser clickies with a CL:20
    - A general overhaul to make it less heavy and less laggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

1. Epic Tempest Spine
    2. Allow hirelings in raids
    3. upgrade hireling AI
    4. Give each hireling a complete abilities/enhancement/spell list and allow us the ability to choose 4-6 abilities/spells to place on the hirelings action bar.
    5. allow friend bracelets to work in explorer areas
    6. put astral shards back in to the silver/gold dice rewards
    7. allow the silver dice roll to reduce the astral shard cost of the gold dice roll to stack.This would allow non vips to get 1 free gold dice roll per week in return for 4 silver dice rolls if they want to gamble. This would also allow vips to get a extra free gold dice roll per week if they wish to gamble 4 silver dice rolls.
    8. completely and utterly put a end to the Lamannia server being refered to anything other then a preview server. Also add a in game statement every time someone logs onto the Lamaania that any and all bugs found will not be fixed before the contents are released to the live server. Also add that same statement to the Lamannia section of the forums. So that finally there is no confusion as to what the Lamaania server is for.
    9. open the test server to the public and actually fix issues/bugs that the player base finds before releasing the contents to the live server.
    10. Get someone in Turbine to explain to Producer-Rowan that while he may have a fetish for smoke being blown up his ass the player base as a whole does not enjoy it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast