Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Enhancment respec cost??

With the new enhancment pass i changed a few toons several times and eventually the cost was around 140k to make the next change. Over time this cost should come down but is there a link to what that time frame is?? I wanted to adjust a few of these several weeks later and the cost has not gone down.

As a side i noticed you can change seperate lines at a reduced cost....but I assume these costs will go up as wel...and possibly not reduce?

If there a wiki page that explains this, please lik it as my "search fu " is not strong...lol

Community Member

The costs are ridiculous. They seem to be dropping, but they drop really really really slowly. My last respec was about 100k just a few days after the expansion, and now it has dropped to 50k, in what, almost 3 weeks? That's just unacceptable.

Sure, the high cost for constant swapping might be reasonable for a toon that was leveled up from level 1 with enhancements picked with levels, but with the sweeping changes, there should really be a big discount in the respec changes, and especially, a reasonable cap in the cost. My level 4 char paid something like 160 gold for a respec, you sell (to shop) one item of that level and it's covered. Epic toon paying 100k means, I have to sell what, 40-80 epic items to cover the change.

The enhancement trees are mostly awesome, and it would be fun to fool around and test different things, instead of just planning planning and planning them to make sure every point is accounted for _before_ doing the reset. With current costs that is just not feasible. Especially for an altoholic like me.

Community Member

Don't even get me started on this. So far my Monk has spent over 500,000 plat.

The last respec cost me 219,000 plat.

One of my respecs was by choice, the rest were because it bugged and didn't apply some of the points spent and didn't leave me with enough to re-take them.

sometimes its the littlest things that matter to people. a brand new enhancement system with no reduced costs or at least a couple free respecs trying to get your build right not knowing if it will work the way you like or not know about how some enhancements aren't working properly. its almost like they were hoping we would spend more AS on respecs instead of plat. I don't see the harm in costs dropping back to normal after 3 days. free respecs or at least a very low cost the first couple weeks would have gone a long way.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    sometimes its the littlest things that matter to people. a brand new enhancement system with no reduced costs or at least a couple free respecs trying to get your build right not knowing if it will work the way you like or not know about how some enhancements aren't working properly. its almost like they were hoping we would spend more AS on respecs instead of plat. I don't see the harm in costs dropping back to normal after 3 days. free respecs or at least a very low cost the first couple weeks would have gone a long way.
    They should have had free respecs in place when they released the update. Now many people have spent literally all their plat doing respecs that weren't even their fault, but the fault of the new buggy or unclear enhancement system. I really don't understand Turbine - they supposedly introduced this new system to help players, then they don't account for the bugginess (which any player could have predicted) and end up harming the players more by draining off all of their plat. And I guarantee that new / casual players are affected more than the hardcore / experienced players who are either dripping in plat or knew the issues with the system from the forums, etc.

So ultimately this system ends up hurting the new / casual player that it was designed to help. O.o

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Releasing it with 0 cost to respec should have been automatic. It's new and people needed time to adjust, even if that 0 cost to respec for only planned to be for the first month.

As soon as the bugs became known, dropping the respec cost to 0 until at there's a patch that fixes all of the bugs in it should have been a no-brainer.

Right now, people are spending resources to respec around bugs. Makes no sense, earns Turbine nothing and just upsets players who now feel they are hard done by.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Releasing it with 0 cost to respec should have been automatic. It's new and people needed time to adjust, even if that 0 cost to respec for only planned to be for the first month.

As soon as the bugs became known, dropping the respec cost to 0 until at there's a patch that fixes all of the bugs in it should have been a no-brainer.

Right now, people are spending resources to respec around bugs. Makes no sense, earns Turbine nothing and just upsets players who now feel they are hard done by.
    This, so much. Really, releasing a buggy system and making players pay to work around it... that's silly, and should be corrected ASAP.

In general, I think the costs in general to respec quickly become too much, and get low too slowly. While it doesn't matter much to longtime players, new people are being hit hard with the new costs. This should be looked at... AFTER the costs have gone to zero for a few weeks/months.
    It's definitely an N-word.

and how long is reasonable for the 'free' period?
    1 week? 1 month? 1 year?
    you're fully aware that there will always be ppl complaining about the cost after the free period is over right?
    not to mention there're always those that took a break and possibly came back just after the free period is over
    it shouldn't be about releasing it with 0 cost, it should be more about releasing it with little to no bugs in the first place
    they rushed it and didn't test it enough, that's their biggest problem imo
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    How about until there are no bugs that people have to find after taking the enhancements and so respec around the bugs?

At this point its too late for the free respec period that should have been in place with the new enhancements went live. If there weren't bugs, that period could have been relatively short - like 1 to 2 weeks.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

1 week? 1 month? 1 year?
    you're fully aware that there will always be ppl complaining about the cost after the free period is over right?
    Easy one to answer - until the bugs are fixed. I'm not talking about subjective things like whether the AP cost is too high or too low, I'm just talking about the straight forward - that doesn't work like EiN counter not being incremented unless you're moving or friendly fire on negative levelling.

not to mention there're always those that took a break and possibly came back just after the free period is over
    Makes no difference - they're coming back to a fixed system so they're not paying to respec into something that's broken.

it shouldn't be about releasing it with 0 cost, it should be more about releasing it with little to no bugs in the first place
    they rushed it and didn't test it enough, that's their biggest problem imo
    Sure. But in the real world, stuff happens. So as a minimum the free respec period should have been a month to let people experiment with the new enhancements, and then extended until the bugs are gone.

Now fair enough, they can't turn the clock back, but what they can do is drop the respec cost to 0 until the bugs are fixed. It's not a case of stable doors and horses bolted, it's just a case of making the gesture so show that these things matter to them and to us.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    How about until there are no bugs that people have to find after taking the enhancements and so respec around the bugs?

At this point its too late for the free respec period that should have been in place with the new enhancements went live. If there weren't bugs, that period could have been relatively short - like 1 to 2 weeks.
    I think it would have been totally reasonable to have the cost to respec set to zero for the first two weeks, then changing to a clearly stated, working as intended cost.

As has been the case with almost every new change to the game recently, because of poor communication from the devs I don't know if the current costs are WAI or if the cost reduction over time is somehow not working correctly.

The costs for respeccing confuse me, ive had costs around 50k, and some less than a 100 pp
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

So why don't you go and tell your boss that then?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    So why don't you go and tell your boss that then?
    I am my boss.

Sane people don't talk to themselves. Much.

Community Member

I did some swapping as I leveled but after I hit 20 a week or so they're just too expensive to change. I'm at 26 now and it'll cost 962k to reset all or 300k if I do them all manually, surely they must be bugged and are probably supposed to be more inline with EDs.

Hopefully a dev will chime in on the matter soon.

Community Member

Sane people don't talk to themselves. Much.
    I don't know...

Sometimes it's the only way to have an intelligent conversation.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    I don't know...

Sometimes it's the only way to have an intelligent conversation.
    Agreed. Compared to that clown, it's the only way to get any sort of witty or intelligent response.

I think either you should bug report this... or you did something a LOT different than me.

I reset mine multiple times after the update...

I think what I did different is that I spend them all and if I ran out of points and didnt like it...I hit cancel and tried again. When I was sure a sub group was exactly the way I wanted, I saved just that part and moved on. I only reset individual trees.

Short answer... my most expensive on my main is the tempest tree at 37 AP at the moment, they want 17K to reset. So if they want 962K to reset yours...I do not know what you did different...but either it is a bug or Turbine needs to reconsider the decay on the cost.

The more normal amount of 50-100K to reset all 80 points of enhancements... I do not know how that can be a struggle for an epic level character...
    Jeremiiah - Isaiiah - Zephaniiah - Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild

Community Member

Have to agree.
    Regardless of whether bugs exist, it is new and with a lack of documentation people need to experiment on how things interact.
    Give players time to become familiar with the new system.
    It is fun and new - encourage people to engage and stimulate constructive conversation.

It would be a win-win as there are so many permutations and interactions that Turbine could not possibly test them all. So if some obscure strange issues slip through, it can be identified and fixed "soon" and it has not cost the players anything.
    The bugs identified in Lam but still sent to live are just unforgivable, but SOP for Turbine unfortunately.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah179 View Post
    I think either you should bug report this... or you did something a LOT different than me.

I reset mine multiple times after the update...

I think what I did different is that I spend them all and if I ran out of points and didnt like it...I hit cancel and tried again. When I was sure a sub group was exactly the way I wanted, I saved just that part and moved on. I only reset individual trees.

Short answer... my most expensive on my main is the tempest tree at 37 AP at the moment, they want 17K to reset. So if they want 962K to reset yours...I do not know what you did different...but either it is a bug or Turbine needs to reconsider the decay on the cost.

The more normal amount of 50-100K to reset all 80 points of enhancements... I do not know how that can be a struggle for an epic level character...
    As Jeremiah said, none of my resets have been anywhere near that amount.
    And for me, it is cheaper to reset my three trees rather than "reset all".
    I don't mind hitting the button 3 times instead of 1. :-/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast